Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Go ask Lou if it was enough
    The other thing that gets overlooked is that BU won the consolation game BIG. If they had struggled (against Brown) they most likely wouldn't have gotten a second chance.

Comment

• no Sioux Falls..
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Worcester! Mich

Lets go NU !!!
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Love it

Comment

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
            Love it
            Unfinished biz... let's go team!!!
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• 4:30pm DCU Ctr
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                Worcester! Mich

Lets go NU !!!
                Worcester, MA

Not Worcester, MI

Silly
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Worcester, MA

Not Worcester, MI

Silly
                  sigh.. that was our oppon.. nevermind all that

now now.. those are mummies over there in Egypt, not the air dolls you're used to in Kuwait, keep it clean you lost soul..
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Gotcha

Comment

I love this draw. I am so hyped
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        I know everyone can’t drive there but just bought tickets. $50 EACH. $90 online. BTW lower bowl is filling up fast. Couldn’t even get two together between the blue lines. Opted for upper bowl - higher up no looking through glass or netting.

BU Sections: 110,111,112,113. 213,214

NU Sections: 119,120,121. 228,229

Cornell Sections: 102, 123,124,125. 233-234

Michigan Sections: 104,105,106. 208,209

This is going to be a great crowd and a great atmosphere!!!!

from the bu thread, tix going fast.. (thx chickod for the info/ posting).
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          from the bu thread, tix going fast.. (thx chickod for the info/ posting).
                          You’re welcome

Comment

Actually the ccha has just started and there WAS a west play in to get their new champ in with the he WCHA runner up.
                            Yes, the western quarterfinal/play-in game was first played in 1977, so having an eastern quarterfinal/play-in game in 1978 was now an option.

And yes it wasn’t necessarily the 2 finalist, but usually was.
                            When the ECAC was formed the intent was to hold a tournament so the eastern selection committee didn't have to be in a smoke filled back room picking the teams. The NCAA agreed, but only to the tournament champion being an automatic selection with the committee picking the second team. From 1962 until 1978 the committee selected the third place team over the runner-up three times, as well as selecting the runner-up and third place team once:
                            1963 - champion Harvard declined to play in the NCAA tournament, so runner-up Boston College and third place winner Clarkson were selected
                            1964 - third place winner Rensselaer was selected over runner-up St. Lawrence
                            1966 - third place winner Boston University was selected over runner-up Cornell
                            1971 - third place winner Boston University was selected over runner-up Clarkson
                            In 1978 instead of selecting the third place winner Boston University over runner-up Providence the committee mandated a quarterfinal/play-in game, as that was now an option.

And there was NOT an eastern play in game before then.
                            There were two play-in games in 1960. The eastern committee was not able to determine which teams to select between BU, BC, SLU and Dartmouth, so they mandated that Dartmouth play at BU and BC play at SLU. BU and SLU won their respective games and were selected as the two eastern teams. This was one of the factors that lead to the formation of the ECAC.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Well mookie’ll Be dammed.....

Comment

We going to get some buses to get the students out to Worcester?

Comment

Working...
                                X