Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    We going to get some buses to get the students out to Worcester?
    that is the plan i believe, no charge for trans excep the tix of course.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• much like our OT loss last gm.. UMich too coming off OT loss to Ohio St.. before that, both teams (NU, UM) riding 7 odd gm unbeaten streak prior.
      they are playing well. will be much like the Prov match up. No easy gms here on out.
      prepare, prepare, prepare. Go Huskies!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Good luck against Michigan!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
          Good luck against Michigan!
          you guys vs Clarkson (& hopefully /eventually ND) as well. put those fake H.E pretenders in their place..
          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            you guys vs Clarkson (& hopefully /eventually ND) as well. put those fake H.E pretenders in their place..
            That’s the hope.

That Clarkson MTU game is going to be nerdtastic.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

OK, another non hockey question....just what are they doing on Gainsborough Street, do any of you guys know? Half the street has been closed for months. Doesn't look like they've made any progress since the BU game at Matthews months ago.

Comment

There's definitely some new sidewalk and pavement on the Matthews side of the street. They're getting there. Sorta.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Quick question (non hockey related) - you know the lot over the train tracks to park for free for games? Is that also free and open on a Sunday? I’m going to a show at Jordan Hall this afternoon and would love to park there.
                  Scarlet: I'm so embarrassed nobody clued you in that the lot you referred to (former Camden Lot) hasn't been available for about a year as it is being incorporated into and being made a part of the Carter Playground reconstruction, which NU is undertaking in partnership with the City of Boston. (I've been on the road with USA Hockey playoffs all weekend and didn't see your post until now.)

Only remaining parking options are the Columbus or Gainsborough garages.

Progress.

See ya in Wusstah next weekend.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    Scarlet: I'm so embarrassed nobody clued you in that the lot you referred to (former Camden Lot) hasn't been available for about a year as it is being incorporated into and being made a part of the Carter Playground reconstruction, which NU is undertaking in partnership with the City of Boston. (I've been on the road with USA Hockey playoffs all weekend and didn't see your post until now.)

Only remaining parking options are the Columbus or Gainsborough garages.

Progress.

See ya in Wusstah next weekend.
                    No way! Since we only had one game at Matthews this season, and it was on a Friday, I took the T so I didn't need to park. If nothing else, Matthews is the most convenient arena for me in Hockey East. Losing that lot for games is a major downer for you guys. That Gainsborough garage is expensive. Where is the Columbus garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      ...That Gainsborough garage is expensive. Where is the Columbus garage?
                      Correct on the first part. NU owns that garage and needs to gouge the symphony crowd in order to keep NU tuition and fees affordable. Columbus is the multi-story parking garage further up Columbus Ave.(opposite Husky PD Hq). Parking is free on game days/nights but I don't think they'll let you in for non-Matthews events.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        Correct on the first part. NU owns that garage and needs to gouge the symphony crowd in order to keep NU tuition and fees affordable. Columbus is the multi-story parking garage further up Columbus Ave.(opposite Husky PD Hq). Parking is free on game days/nights but I don't think they'll let you in for non-Matthews events.
                        Well, the amount of non-Matthews events are too few for it to be an issue. For me today it was more of a timing issue - wanted to watch the pairings show, didn't know if I would make it in time to meet my friend for lunch. I would up parking at work (in the Back Bay) and hopping on the Orange line to Mass Ave. It hit me that I might be able to park at the Camden lot and realized I should check with you guys first before heading there, finding out I couldn't park and then being forced to make the decision of driving back to my office or biting the bullet and spending the money to park in the Gainsborough garage and well, that's probably way more than you guys need to hear about my daily logistical drama. That Columbus garage seems a bit far. Good to know it's there, though, for next season. I always get questions from people, mostly player parents, about where to park at opposing team arenas. Now I know where to direct them.

Comment

Scarlet, for future reference, the Columbus Garage is located just at the far end of the old Camden lot. It's only a minute or two of a longer walk to get to the Arena. Only a minor inconvenience.

Comment

we need to be talking DCU Ctr garages peeps.. and not any of these other places, c'mon
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Understanding that you fellas are NCAA newbies, but smart people park on the street in Worcester
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Understanding that you fellas are NCAA newbies, but smart people park on the street in Worcester
                                street, garage, .. wherever..
                                stick with the sand dunes bud.. you're right where you belong
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X