Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    edit: forwards john leonard, cale makar (sp?) very very good. there's a reason we split our 2 meetings.

no easy games, full 60 minutes each night. go nu
    Makar is a d-man and has possibly the most pure talent of anyone in college hockey. 4th overall pick in the draft. He is a concern. UMass has some other talented players, but most are freshmen. I think our experience and goaltending give us a series win this weekend.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      Makar is a d-man and has possibly the most pure talent of anyone in college hockey. 4th overall pick in the draft. He is a concern. UMass has some other talented players, but most are freshmen..
      .. are we sure makar is a d ..

holy cow!.. nice goal by him as well leonard. hopefully NU up to the task at hand. like i said, sometimes the week off does wonders, sometimes not so much.
      here's hoping they keep calm, stick to their plan & take care of business.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        Makar is a d-man and has possibly the most pure talent of anyone in college hockey. 4th overall pick in the draft. He is a concern. UMass has some other talented players, but most are freshmen. I think our experience and goaltending give us a series win this weekend.
        Y'all will win this easy. If not it would be a collapse of epic proportions
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Y'all will win this easy. If not it would be a collapse of epic proportions
          will not win anything easy.

and while we at it.. y'all (as in terriers) had better take care of them other huskies with all's your draft picks & such.. or that would be collapse of biblical magnitude no doubt.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            will not win anything easy.

and while we at it.. y'all (as in terriers) had better take care of them other huskies with all's your draft picks & such.. or that would be collapse of biblical magnitude no doubt.
            Uconn is favoured
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• never gets old..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Uconn is favoured
                It’s bu’s turn to deal with UConn. Have fun!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Joe Meloni wrote an excellent piece on CHN about us. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ern-Stands.php
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    Joe Meloni wrote an excellent piece on CHN about us. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ern-Stands.php
                    nice piece, thx for posting.
                    i will add, or echo what he, & madigan & co have said prior.. secondary scoring, 3rd, even 4th lines contributing.. will be key to any playoff, /post season success for NU. they get that, we should have a good post season. guys on the team (beyond 1st line), need to believe they make a difference each shift.. playing smart, staying out of the box, wearing the opponent down.

teamwork will take any team far. that, & having fun!
                    let's go Huskies! ☺
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I know one doesn't have anything to do with the other...but brutal loss for hoops last night. Between WIH, MIH and MBB there was a lot of good NU ju-ju going around in February, hopefully it doesn't all come crashing down in March.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Yesterday was definitely a crash back to reality. I had gotten really optimistic about NU athletics in the last month or two and begun openly wondering things like "Why was I so scared when NU had a three goal lead in the third period of the Beanpot, they had it in the bag"

It was a good reminder of how things usually go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          ..was a lot of good NU ju-ju going around in February, hopefully it doesn't all come crashing down in March.
                          if any consolation, women's hockey won the H.E Championship in the month of March, so let's keep the faith
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                            I know one doesn't have anything to do with the other...but brutal loss for hoops last night. Between WIH, MIH and MBB there was a lot of good NU ju-ju going around in February, hopefully it doesn't all come crashing down in March.
                            Last night was one of the all-time NU gut punches. I've seen plenty of heartbreak in my time but nothing to equal last night. Initially, I was switching back and forth between the hoops game on CBSSN and the B's on NESN. It got to the point where NU had a double-digit lead well into the second half but the B's were tied, so I switched to the B's and figured I'd go back to hoops when it got to the last minute so I could see the post-game pig pile. I switched back from B's to hoops just in time to see Charleston tie it up.

So lesson learned: Although things have (mostly) gone NU's way lately, "sure things" do not exist in HuskyNation.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

MBB was brutal. I had the same sort of feeling last night as I did after the NCAA hockey game vs. Cornell in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Last night was one of the all-time NU gut punches. I've seen plenty of heartbreak in my time but nothing to equal last night. Initially, I was switching back and forth between the hoops game on CBSSN and the B's on NESN. It got to the point where NU had a double-digit lead well into the second half but the B's were tied, so I switched to the B's and figured I'd go back to hoops when it got to the last minute so I could see the post-game pig pile. I switched back from B's to hoops just in time to see Charleston tie it up.

So lesson learned: Although things have (mostly) gone NU's way lately, "sure things" do not exist in HuskyNation.

To maintian at least some degree of sanity, after many years of experience watching a lot of NU hockey and some basketball teams, my own golden rule is to: Don't expect them to win. But enjoy big wins to the hilt, savor, dwell, re-watch copies or highlights - because it may be years or even decades before you experience them again.

No matter what happens the rest of this season, I am still high on the HE and Beanpot Championships within the last 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X