Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Ouch... c'mon hobey winner. Go hard now!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Jezzus, those are two pretty freakin unlikely goals by Michigan! C'mon NU!

Comment

Good play draw up now.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
          Jezzus, those are two pretty freakin unlikely goals by Michigan! C'mon NU!
          Yah. Felt sorta Houdini of them to pull those out.

Comment

This is where he makes his money.

Comment

Man... disappointing. Loved this NU team.

Comment

• great gm.. we got sloppy at end.. got to hit the open net.

mich forecheck & backchecked very well. esp the backcheck.. very impressive.

g'luck to H.E. in the NCAAs.. thank you seniors! thank you team for a solid season!
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Today the better team won! Nice job Michigan! Please beat BU tomorrow. If you have a period of hockey where you can only put 2 shots on goal in 20 minutes you don't really deserve to win. It was a good season for NU and a great run. I think we would have likely lost to BU tomorrow as trying to beat a team 3 or 4 times in one season would have been tough and they are playing their best hockey. See you all in October ! Its been fun ! AG -3 and they had a great game plan for him. That was the difference these last few games! Also, I am going out on a limb but I am thinking he can kiss that Hobey goodbye. It's tough when they double team you and you can't create time and space but I think you have seen his last game as a Husky my guess is next week he is playing in Vancouver and we will be a "normal" HE team again and I can get back at what I do best....complain! Cheers!
                  Last edited by RossiRules; 03-24-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Looking to take my son to the final tomorrow. Is anyone looking to sell their seat?

Comment

• Originally posted by RefereeGrav View Post
                      Looking to take my son to the final tomorrow. Is anyone looking to sell their seat?
                      I have 2. First row behind the glass to the left of a net. 118/A/5&6
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Tough way to end a great season. Our best players were pretty ordinary today and it's always hard to advance when that's the case. Thank you to the seniors (and Gaudette)
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Good try guys. Michigan was big and strong and wore you down. And when you have the last change they can really bottle up your top line. Northeastern got tired by the middle of the second period. On the other hand, I'm surprised that NU didn't make an adjustment on defense by backing off a little. Two of the goals (all three really) were the direct result of the bigger Michigan forwards getting their shoulder inside the defensemen and cutting around them. They must have done it twelve times. I was waiting for NU to back off their D-men so they couldn't be skated around so easily but they never adjusted.

But good season. And these words may come back to haunt me, but I didn't really want to play you again. "Tough to beat a team four times" notwithstanding, I just don't think it's a good matchup for us given the style we seem to have morphed to right now (tight defense and opportunistic scoring). Getting into a shootout would be tough. But good luck next season!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Northeastern got tired by the middle of the second period.
                            An under-talked about aspect of our season was the fact we basically played with 5 d-men after Garrett Cockerill was dismissed from the team. Murphy played a shift or two against PC and I don't think Carrabino saw the ice tonight. In both games you could see our d-men losing their legs a bit late in the game. Not really sure what other solution JM had, since I'd also put out tired guys that I trust over rested guys that I don't, but it was a tough situation.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              An under-talked about aspect of our season was the fact we basically played with 5 d-men after Garrett Cockerill was dismissed from the team. Murphy played a shift or two against PC and I don't think Carrabino saw the ice tonight. In both games you could see our d-men losing their legs a bit late in the game. Not really sure what other solution JM had, since I'd also put out tired guys that I trust over rested guys that I don't, but it was a tough situation.
                              I hear you. Tough situation. And I understand about going with the guys you trust. Now would probably not have been the time to deviate from that strategy.

Comment

Easier to do in NCAA tourney games at least because of the TV timeouts

Comment

Working...
                                X