Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Huge W after the refs trying to hand UVM a win. Nice to see Picking and that line in general bury the game winner, very deserving. Need to take 2 tomorrow as well and keep the momentum rolling.

Comment

J Picking has worked his a $$ off all season.. 4th line, 3rd.. wherever.. whatever role.. epitomizes hustle.

glad to see him get that one after some pretty subpar officiating. i mean.. the uvm play by play guys are homies & they were perplexed on three separate occassions on our calls, that's saying something. oh well, in the books.

60 minute gm again tomorrow, no doubt, will come down to it.
      go huskies!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Puck don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
          Puck don't lie.
          no $###!

regardless of the calls.. we had a two goal lead going into last 20 mins.
          stopped skating 5x5.. then the penalties. catamounts took full advantage. pk needs to be looked at. was in bit of disarray tonight as was our skating 5x5 in the 3rd. (i'm thinking, short week, the beanpot, post w celebrations.. had something to do with energy in the 3rd.. regardless)...
          pp still looks good.. would've been even better had stevens not got the 10mins in the 3rd.. (what did he do?).. anyway, with that, our lone man advantage in 3rd looked off as well.

regroup, reset & let's take it to these guys tomorrow.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            would've been even better had stevens not got the 10mins in the 3rd.. (what did he do?)
            He shot a puck towards the UVM net (not on goal, though not for lack of trying) after an offsides whistle. I would imagine he just didn't hear it, the announcers said that it definitely didn't have the usual volume behind it and they're known for their "artificial noisemakers" around those parts.

The Goldstein penalty is the more annoying one to me, although I think 2 and 10 was also excessive for Stevens. Should have been one or the other. The call on 12 is absolutely indefensible though.
            Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-16-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

new day.. 60 full minutes! Go NU
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Same lineup as yesterday
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

much better PK tonight.. just got to stop taking the back to back penalties.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

much better effort in all 3 periods tonight.. & results speak for themselves. way to go team.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Nice to walk away with 4 pats this weekend, hopefully we can take 4 next week as well and head into the bye with momentum. St. Cloud helping us a bit tonight as is NoDak at the moment. Hopefully Miami can make things interesting with Duluth late.

Comment

Take care of business. That's what good teams do. Regular season title doesn't mean anything more than maybe a better matchup. Go for the real trophy.

Secondary scoring comes alive- Williams and Lerario get goals, Solow had 1-2-3 yesterday including a SHG, Hawkins with 2 primary assists tonight (one was on the ENG). PK perfect today after a shoddy 3rd yesterday. Primeau solid.

Good stuff. On to UNH
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

If anybody gets a Filipe update please post.
                          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                            If anybody gets a Filipe update please post.
                            I have he was a healthy scratch.

Comment

Lower body injury, 2-4 weeks is what I've heard. That being said I'd expect to see him back for the playoff run being that NU has clinched the first round bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Roll_Dawgs View Post
                                Lower body injury, 2-4 weeks is what I've heard. That being said I'd expect to see him back for the playoff run being that NU has clinched the first round bye.
                                Hope it wasn't from the Beanpot pig pile. Looked like he was on the bottom.
                                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Working...
                                X