Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

What a difference a day makes. They are poring it on in a statement now! It's such a good product on the ice this year and a great value. I mean I know out at UMASS Amherst the students can see the games for free, I just wish people locally knew what they were missing this season, it's really great hockey here when they are firing on all cylinders. Any local youth teams interested in the game should take advantage of the old barn. Anyway barring a catastrophic turn of events, I will see you all at the Garden! Cheers
    Last edited by RossiRules; 03-10-2018 at 07:47 PM.

regardless of final score, umass have some pretty good players. especially some dynamic freshman.. they will have a good team nxt year.

Broken Glass

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

We are on to Providence!!!

Veteran

Some great passes setting up goals in the big win against UMass. Griffin's pass after he made it around the back of the net on his knees to Stevens was nothing short of amazing.

Check it out in the highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOtuCEG0NxU&t=at

That goal came late in the first period.
    Last edited by scorer; 03-10-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Haven't been able to comment much, car broke down on my way up on Friday so I've been distracted. Did get to both games however.

Friday- it was good to get kicked in the teeth and come out standing. That atmosphere was one of the best I can remember for playoffs since Jim took over, and arguably the best outside our homecoming BU games. UMass was the better team Friday. NU capitalized on the powerplay, a second we should, and that was the difference. The PK in the third immediately before Sikura's goal was a perfect example of a kill giving a team momentum. They took UMass' best punch and stood tall. They earned that win. They weathered the upstart storm. Side note- Joel Quennville and his staff were in attendance in our section. So Sikura and Shea had an audience. I wonder if they knew. Dylan was playing with his hair on fire.

Saturday- domination. From the drop of the puck, I was never nervous. Big players played big- Davies, Stevens, Gaudette, Sikura. Primeau large when we needed it. Excellent games from Griffin, Hawkins, Lerario, Schultz. UMass likes to talk almost as much as their fans. It's nice to see them put in their place. They'll be good next year if everyone returns. They're on the upswing.

Survive and advance in March. That's what it's all about. On to the Garden and Providence. Gotta beat two of the titans to claim the trophy. They can do it.

kids have played well at the gahden. hope that continues. last night they had fun.

semis first.. let's just solve gm 1. everything after.
    go huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Just ran the numbers and if my math is right this senior class started 17-27-6 and then went 62-26-12. Just remarkable. Time to make a couple more memories the next few weeks.
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

#GaudetteForHo8ey

Broken Glass

I think my might have to go watch the first game as well on Friday.

Broken Glass

Iím about to buy tickets. Could somebody please tell me which sections are NU sections?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    I’m about to buy tickets. Could somebody please tell me which sections are NU sections?
    Based on where we've sat for the Beanpot (our Beanpot) Loge sections 8-12 on the lower level. The upper level directly above that area has been where the students have been lodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    Iím about to buy tickets. Could somebody please tell me which sections are NU sections?
    For the balcony the final NU section is 329, and then we are in the sections in descending number from there. So I'd wager approx. 320-329 is NU
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

NU recruit Brandon Chabrier looking good heading into NTDP evaluation camp.

edit: Per article, he has good shot of making team.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/nehocke...ticleId1361928
    Last edited by northeastern; 03-13-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Hockey East First Team: Gaudette, Sikura (both unanimous), Davies, Primeau

Hockey East 2nd Team: Stevens

Hockey East Rookie Team: Primeau

Runner-Up for defensive forward of the year: Stevens

Hockey East Scoring Champion/3 Stars Award Winner: Gaudette

Hockey East Goaltending Champion: Primeau
    "Never tell me the odds"

Sikura and Gaudette both make the Hobey Top Ten. 3 goaltenders also make it, and only one defenseman.
    "Never tell me the odds"

All Hail

The Hobey Top Ten:

Henrik Borgstrom, Forward, Denver
    Ryan Donato, Forward, Harvard
    Matthew Galajda, Goalie, Cornell
    Adam Gaudette, Forward, Northeastern
    Dylan McLaughlin, Forward, Canisius
    Cale Morris, Goalie, Notre Dame
    Colton Point, Goalie, Colgate
    Jimmy Schuldt, Defenseman, St. Cloud State
    Dylan Sikura, Forward, Northeastern
    C.J. Suess, Forward, Minnesota State

My take is that Gaudette is the clear favorite at this point although Donato will draw support based on pedigree and his Olympic stint. Lots of things can change between now and Awards Night, though.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

I could see a final three of Gaudette, Borgstrom and Donato. But yes, Gaudette should easily win this.

IMO it's going to be Gaudette, Donato (because MERICA and stuff) and Morris. Best goaltender this season, with high SV% + high shots faced. I could see Schuldt take the spot of Donato if they want a defenseman, or if they penalize Donato for his low games-played amount.
    "Never tell me the odds"

they already made a mistake by not choosing him for the U.S. Olympic team.. (although we @ NU can live with that, happily .. as can Adam ) ..
    hope similar mistake doesn't happen again. Best to him! Gaudette for Hobey, all the way.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

2016 Hockey East Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    love the chart with the NCAA probability.. nice to know something beyond this wknd is a certainty. That, & a little bit of good fortune and hopefully will be a memorable season more than has been.
    also.. they're not called zoomass fans for nothin'
    GO NU HOCKEY

Thread Information