Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Go Huskies!

filipe out again tonight.

Broken Glass
    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    filipe out again tonight.
    I think we will be OK without him for the Umass series. If we go to the Garden we need him.

Beanpot or Bust

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

I wonder how much money Hockey East brings in through streaming payments for the playoffs. Is it more of a way to get people to go to the games instead of watching from home? I don't really get it.

Anyway...
    Go Huskies!

best player for us in 1st has been ..er.. Primeau.
    while that's nice to have.. anytime now guys.. find your lungs & lets go!

gain some momentum, give it right back.
    c'mon guys, its the playoffs. keep it simple.

Beanpot or Bust

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Is the crowd really as bad as it sounds on the radio?

lots of umass fans.. not so much nu with spring break around. umass just tied it on some nu puck watching. 2 wks off & we cannot put 20 mins together. credit to umass.
    playoffs.. playoffs!

as i've said before.. the 2 wks off can be boon or curse depending on several factors. watching this team tonight, no rhythm, no doubt they are out of sync. god bless us.

huge pk.. and a G right after. we got a pulse!

we're AT home, with rested legs!
    god help us, that was painful.

please be better tomorrow. i mean.. we have to be.

Yikes the 2 week hiatus appears to have effected all of the top seeds who are all struggling a bit tonight. I must say that HE playoffs are never easy and we did have that bad game against UMASS in the middle of the season. We haven't looked this bad since late November or early Dec. I paid the $10 bucks to watch this and it looked, well it looked not good. I will take the W. Will try and go tomorrow.

watching again on tape, the play by gaudette to sik.. the gwg was, well.. sick.
    other than that, t.g.i.. primeau..

hopefully better overall effort tomorrow. GO NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

I thought 9 was our best player all night long. I made a comment during the game that it's amazing how many times he has the puck and he does exactly what he's trying to do with it. There is no indecision, no hope plays. The kid really is a magician with the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    I thought 9 was our best player all night long. I made a comment during the game that it's amazing how many times he has the puck and he does exactly what he's trying to do with it. There is no indecision, no hope plays. The kid really is a magician with the puck.
    Sikura really is a delight to watch. At the rink, you can focus on him and see all of the things he does that donít show up on the scoresheet, but help his mates to get into better position to score. He made a pass tonight that set up Gaudette for a one timer that was stopped by Wischow. If it was possible to earn an assist without a goal being scored, he would have deserved one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    The kid really is a magician with the puck.
    on our only PP.. he made a split second decision, where the Umass defender challenged him at the blue line, & either stripped him off the puck.. or he lost it (and i am thinking, 'shortie'!.. here we go NU, we going to give up the shortie..guy is gone.. streaking other way by himself ..

split second later, Sikura realized what had just happened 'right in that moment' there at blue line.. gets the puck back from the guy who is thinking wow, open ice.. i'm gone.. & Sikura was behind him by then!.. got puck back, and our powerplay continues.. gotta be the hands :-)

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    I wonder how much money Hockey East brings in through streaming payments for the playoffs. Is it more of a way to get people to go to the games instead of watching from home? I don't really get it.

Anyway...
    Go Huskies!
    I'm guessing not all that much in either case. It's a pure (and shameful) money grab by HE, much like having all teams make the "playoffs" instead of just the top 8.

best to women's hockey today. tall task ahead, no doubt (as was hockey east championship which you overcame).. yet 1 win away from a frozen four.
    you've already had a good finish in H.E. nothing to lose, leave it all out there.
    all the best!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

huge play there at end of 1st..
    pure hustle by all. griffin to stevens, sweet.
    that's more like it. let's finish this.

the real slim shady stood up..

nice to see the Husky team we've appreciated this year, show up tonight. Yes! that's more like it.

Thread Information