Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

All Hail

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

With the original season thread nearing capacity, it's time for NU Hockey, and with it the season thread, to move on to bigger and better things. But first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyt6byJP3Ac

OK, Beanpot afterglow is now over. There is important business to be taken care of, starting with UVM tonight. The Lamoriello Trophy would look nice sitting next to the Beanpot.
    Last edited by Split-N; 02-16-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Broken Glass

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Where is Matt Filipe tonight?

All Hail

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Quote Originally Posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    Where is Matt Filipe tonight?
    Nobody outside of the room knows. Could be anything from flu to a wake-up call, to just a simple night off. The kid's been snakebit on offense but I don't have many complaints about him as a backchecker.
    Last edited by Split-N; 02-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Beanpot or Bust

Special teams great, but even strength we are a no show tonight. Seems to continue an ongoing issue we've had lately. We've scored on 5 consecutive power plays at this point.

yeah.. UVM not a bad team at all. we just making them pay for any mistakes. A shortie thus far for us, plus 2 PP goals. Owens bomb in the Beanpot was the last 5x5 goal. Glad to see Solow get on the board.
    Gotta play a smart, disciplined 3rd to close this out.

Seems like Catamounts are trying to get under our skin some.. (especially Sikura's, Gaudette's & Primeau's).. gotta let that go & play smart. Have thick skin, stay focused on the end gm. Here's hoping

Beanpot or Bust

Interesting to note - Solow started the shift with Stevens and Sikura before Stevens took the misconduct penalty. Was Madigan switching up the lines? Or was it some weird kind of fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    Interesting to note - Solow started the shift with Stevens and Sikura before Stevens took the misconduct penalty. Was Madigan switching up the lines? Or was it some weird kind of fluke?
    my guess, prob trying to rest gaudette some. meanwhile terrible call on goldstein & cats capitalize. huskies bit flat here in the 3rd, regardless.

lots of 'skating not to lose'.. versus playing until the whistle. generally doesnt bode well.

All Hail

Was Cameron Voss working that game? Worst officiated game of the season. Bar none!!!!! Unworthy for a league of this staure.
    Last edited by Split-N; 02-16-2018 at 08:20 PM.

lot of judicial activism by the linesmen. They must be getting paid in maple syrup.
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
    H. L. Mencken

Beanpot or Bust

I wish I had an explanation/replay of all the penalties against NU in the 3rd, because that was ridiculously unfortunate if anything. Madigan is fuming.

Still...need to be better 5v5. On to overtime...

Quote Originally Posted by CommAvHusky View Post
    lot of judicial activism by the linesmen. They must be getting paid in maple syrup.
    ha! ..definitely.

divine justice !

Picking puts it home, we got 2 lets get 4!
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
    H. L. Mencken

Beanpot or Bust

Desperately needed that

Huge W after the refs trying to hand UVM a win. Nice to see Picking and that line in general bury the game winner, very deserving. Need to take 2 tomorrow as well and keep the momentum rolling.

J Picking has worked his a $$ off all season.. 4th line, 3rd.. wherever.. whatever role.. epitomizes hustle.

glad to see him get that one after some pretty subpar officiating. i mean.. the uvm play by play guys are homies & they were perplexed on three separate occassions on our calls, that's saying something. oh well, in the books.

60 minute gm again tomorrow, no doubt, will come down to it.
    go huskies!

Puck don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus655321 View Post
    Puck don't lie.
    no $###!

regardless of the calls.. we had a two goal lead going into last 20 mins.
    stopped skating 5x5.. then the penalties. catamounts took full advantage. pk needs to be looked at. was in bit of disarray tonight as was our skating 5x5 in the 3rd. (i'm thinking, short week, the beanpot, post w celebrations.. had something to do with energy in the 3rd.. regardless)...
    pp still looks good.. would've been even better had stevens not got the 10mins in the 3rd.. (what did he do?).. anyway, with that, our lone man advantage in 3rd looked off as well.

regroup, reset & let's take it to these guys tomorrow.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

2016 Hockey East Overlords
    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    would've been even better had stevens not got the 10mins in the 3rd.. (what did he do?)
    He shot a puck towards the UVM net (not on goal, though not for lack of trying) after an offsides whistle. I would imagine he just didn't hear it, the announcers said that it definitely didn't have the usual volume behind it and they're known for their "artificial noisemakers" around those parts.

The Goldstein penalty is the more annoying one to me, although I think 2 and 10 was also excessive for Stevens. Should have been one or the other. The call on 12 is absolutely indefensible though.
    Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-16-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Thread Information