Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

You have a great team. Go win! -Mainuhs

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Please though, support your team with numbers!

Numbers in the stands. Go support your team.
      Last edited by BlackI; 03-14-2018, 10:13 PM. Reason: Comment on getting NU fans in seats.

Comment

Go win. As much as I hate to say this. Go win. Knock BU and BC mouth loose. -Mainuh

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Please though, support your team with numbers!

Numbers in the stands. Go support your team.
          Last Twitter post I saw said there were only 100 or so student tickets left.

EDIT: Sold Out!
          Last edited by Split-N; 03-15-2018, 06:38 AM.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Filipe? Any status?
            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Weekend preview: Providence Friars
              http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...s-hockey-east/
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

RECRUIT: Finally, we have details on recent Huskies recruit Nate Hanley. Committed in early Feb. Sorry it took so long #GoNU

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ern-islanders/
                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Congrats to Adam Gaudette on Player of the Yr.. also congrats to the other winners. Would've liked Primeau to share rookie award with Hutsko but I doubt he thinks about that too much. He is our rookie of the year for sure.

I think JM & co did a fine job developing the players & should've factored in COTY, but kudos to Jerry on his H.E. record at the least. I am looking at it with my Husky colored glasses.. so is what it is.

Well, hockey's not done.. time for the team to have a bit more fun, earn their awards the old fashioned way. :-)

Go NU, wishing the team a great weekend!
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I thought Primeau and Hutsko would share the award. As for COTY, Adam Gaudette developing into the player he is (and others) really doesn't have anything to do with the coaching job Madigan did this year. Gaudette was already established coming into this year. And it's not like this is a star studded BC team. Both coaches have done a very good job with what they have. Madigan deserves a lot of credit, no question about it. Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Not that it really matters because Gaudette rightfully won, but HOW was Dylan Sikura not one of the 3 finalists for Hockey East POTY?? Foley in no way was better than 9, but I'm fine with him being the 3rd finalist. Letunov is a joke, he's worse in every statistical way. Don't punish Sikura because he plays with Gaudette.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Go you NU Huskies!
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I thought Primeau and Hutsko would share the award. As for COTY, Adam Gaudette developing into the player he is (and others) really doesn't have anything to do with the coaching job Madigan did this year. Gaudette was already established coming into this year. And it's not like this is a star studded BC team. Both coaches have done a very good job with what they have. Madigan deserves a lot of credit, no question about it. Good luck tomorrow.
                          I agree on COTY. York was my pick if I had a vote. Considering preseason expectations and the talent on each team, York certainly did more IMO. Madigan and NU have had a great season, obviously. But in conference, the edge goes to York. I saw someone on another thread (maybe you?) comment on who BC and NU played 3 times this season, and that group was easily harder for BC. No complaints about COTY.

ROTY, I have a bigger gripe, less about my NU-shaded glasses and more about how Primeau was voted the top goalie in the conference, whereas Hutsko didn't even make Honorable Mention for forwards. I guess I just think the top goalie overall would make more sense for ROTY than the, at best, 13th-best forward.

At the end of the day, individual awards are nice, team awards get banners and trophies. Good luck to your Eagles as well
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post

ROTY, I have a bigger gripe, less about my NU-shaded glasses and more about how Primeau was voted the top goalie in the conference, whereas Hutsko didn't even make Honorable Mention for forwards. I guess I just think the top goalie overall would make more sense for ROTY than the, at best, 13th-best forward.
                            The takeaway here is why wasn't Hutsko as the 4th top scoring player, put on any of the first/second/HM teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              The takeaway here is why wasn't Hutsko as the 4th top scoring player, put on any of the first/second/HM teams?
                              I would have no issue with that either. I thought he really played well this year, especially late. Just in the context of what did happen with the All Star Teams, the final choice for ROTY is baffling to me.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Even more baffling is Hutsko was the only unanimous pick for all rookie team yet Shane Bowers got honorable mention for league all star and Hutsko did not.

Comment

Working...
                                X