Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to NU Women's Hockey, 2018 Hockey East Tournament Champions! Hard fought 2-1 W over the UConn Huskies.
    Way to go! Men, you're up
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• far as men's opponent for the qtrs.. barring a total meltdown by UMass, looking like it will be the Minutemen.. seem to be in control with 20 mins to go in their series.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

The Hockey East Women's Champion Huskies will play their quarterfinal NCAA game at Colgate, the number 3 seed in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by scorer View Post
          The Hockey East Women's Champion Huskies will play their quarterfinal NCAA game at Colgate, the number 3 seed in the tournament.
          All the best!
          Well done today, go get 'em!
          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            no easy gms in HE.. UMass, UVM, regardless of our past gms this season, all that goes out the window come playoff hockey.

I hope the team/ Coaches take a 'respect the competition' but out work 'em.. approach. Hopefully get some good practices in & focused, ready to go Friday.
            We did take a beating at Amherst in January, I hope that is still fresh in their minds this weekend.
            Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Just took a peek at the Heisenberg Recruiting site and noticed that one of the commits for next season has been scratched from the list. D Darren Rizzolo is no longer headed our way. Still have three D listed for next season. Kislin, Petrick and Villella.

Comment

The relationship between NU and Rizzolo severed long ago, he hasn't been committed to NU since before the season started. Heisenberg is just now catching up is all.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                  The relationship between NU and Rizzolo severed long ago, he hasn't been committed to NU since before the season started. Heisenberg is just now catching up is all.
                  Thank you. When I went to the NU Hockey Blog I saw that they'd already removed Rizzolo from the Recruit's list, too.

Comment

while men's hockey awaits umass, the women are 1 win away from their first frozen 4.
                    tall order given how their season has had its ups & downs but now after winning the hockey east championship .. why not!

all the best to them @ colgate (a very talented team ), and regardless of outcome in that game.. well done to make something out of this season! frosh goalies on men's & women making their mark.
                    gotta love it. Go NU
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I saw Jordan Harris from Kimball Union in the Elite 8 championship game against #1 seed Salisbury. He looked good and I think he is scheduled for 2019-2020. Kimball Union won for the second straight year.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        while men's hockey awaits umass, the women are 1 win away from their first frozen 4.
                        tall order given how their season has had its ups & downs but now after winning the hockey east championship .. why not!

all the best to them @ colgate (a very talented team ), and regardless of outcome in that game.. well done to make something out of this season! frosh goalies on men's & women making their mark.
                        gotta love it. Go NU
                        Colgate is an hour from me, so I might make it out there to check out the new rink.
                        Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                        —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                          Colgate is an hour from me, so I might make it out there to check out the new rink.
                          ..they are a very strong team, ranked #3 i believe.
                          i hope you can witness an upset. Go Huskies
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• I’m curious about where the UMass fans post? I’d like to know their views about the upcoming series.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                              I’m curious about where the UMass fans post? I’d like to know their views about the upcoming series.
                              there was a fairly active umass thread on here up until last season.. not sure if anything came about this yr. they actually have some pretty dynamic skaters & team has been playing well of late.

edit: forwards john leonard, cale makar (sp?) very very good. there's a reason we split our 2 meetings.

no easy games, full 60 minutes each night. go nu
                              Last edited by northeastern; 03-06-2018, 09:25 PM.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Highlight goals by Makar and Leonard from last weekend.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/969400731273854976

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/970442583079051265

They do some posting on the Hockey Forum on the UMasshoops message board.
                                http://www.umasshoops.com/newboard/v...8656940450d22c

It looks like UMass will have a pregame gathering at Conor Larkin's on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X