Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

With the original season thread nearing capacity, it's time for NU Hockey, and with it the season thread, to move on to bigger and better things. But first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyt6byJP3Ac

OK, Beanpot afterglow is now over. There is important business to be taken care of, starting with UVM tonight. The Lamoriello Trophy would look nice sitting next to the Beanpot.
    Last edited by Split-N; 02-16-2018, 05:44 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Where is Matt Filipe tonight?
    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
      Where is Matt Filipe tonight?
      Nobody outside of the room knows. Could be anything from flu to a wake-up call, to just a simple night off. The kid's been snakebit on offense but I don't have many complaints about him as a backchecker.
      Last edited by Split-N; 02-16-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Special teams great, but even strength we are a no show tonight. Seems to continue an ongoing issue we've had lately. We've scored on 5 consecutive power plays at this point.

Comment

yeah.. UVM not a bad team at all. we just making them pay for any mistakes. A shortie thus far for us, plus 2 PP goals. Owens bomb in the Beanpot was the last 5x5 goal. Glad to see Solow get on the board.
          Gotta play a smart, disciplined 3rd to close this out.

Seems like Catamounts are trying to get under our skin some.. (especially Sikura's, Gaudette's & Primeau's).. gotta let that go & play smart. Have thick skin, stay focused on the end gm. Here's hoping
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Interesting to note - Solow started the shift with Stevens and Sikura before Stevens took the misconduct penalty. Was Madigan switching up the lines? Or was it some weird kind of fluke?

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
              Interesting to note - Solow started the shift with Stevens and Sikura before Stevens took the misconduct penalty. Was Madigan switching up the lines? Or was it some weird kind of fluke?
              my guess, prob trying to rest gaudette some. meanwhile terrible call on goldstein & cats capitalize. huskies bit flat here in the 3rd, regardless.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

lots of 'skating not to lose'.. versus playing until the whistle. generally doesnt bode well.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Was Cameron Voss working that game? Worst officiated game of the season. Bar none!!!!! Unworthy for a league of this staure.
                  Last edited by Split-N; 02-16-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

lot of judicial activism by the linesmen. They must be getting paid in maple syrup.
                    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                    —H. L. Mencken

Comment

I wish I had an explanation/replay of all the penalties against NU in the 3rd, because that was ridiculously unfortunate if anything. Madigan is fuming.

Still...need to be better 5v5. On to overtime...

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                        lot of judicial activism by the linesmen. They must be getting paid in maple syrup.
                        ha! ..definitely.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

divine justice !
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Picking puts it home, we got 2 lets get 4!
                            Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Desperately needed that

Comment

Working...
                              X