Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    It's OK if you stay close to the arena or over on Shrewsbury Street where there are some great restaurants.
    111 Chop House for steaks
    Sole Proprietor for seafood
    Via for Italian

And for those who want to spend a little more but it's worth it:
    Maxwell Silverman's Toolhouse on UnionStreet
    Good stuff, thanx. And since you've apparently taken on the role of Trip Advisor, what's your take on hotels for us outlanders planning to travel. Preferably within walking distance of the DCU. Thanks again.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2017-18 Season Thread Part II: My Dog's Better Than Your Do

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      Good stuff, thanx. And since you've apparently taken on the role of Trip Advisor, what's your take on hotels for us outlanders planning to travel. Preferably within walking distance of the DCU. Thanks again.
      Well, I can only tell you what's there. I haven't stayed at any of them because I only live 25 miles away so it's a "day trip" for me. But here's a few:

Holiday Inn Express - Downtown
      Courtyard by Marrriott
      Hilton Garden Inn

This place is supposed to be fabulous but you can't walk from there (it's down by UMass Medical School):

Beechwood Hotel
      Last edited by chickod; 03-19-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Tournament Preview: Michigan Wolverines

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...cooper-marody/
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          Tournament Preview: Michigan Wolverines

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...cooper-marody/
          All you have to know is they're dangerous...Red Berenson is no longer coaching... he retired at 97 years old

Comment

Well, I can only tell you what's there. I haven't stayed at any of them because I only live 25 miles away so it's a "day trip" for me. But here's a few:

Holiday Inn Express - Downtown
            Courtyard by Marrriott
            Hilton Garden Inn

This place is supposed to be fabulous but you can't walk from there (it's down by UMass Medical School):

Beechwood Hotel
            Well, everything but the Beechwood is sold out and that's pretty close to getting sold out, even though it's pricey. Hotel sites are pushing me to Auburn and Marlborough, neither of which sound like places where I'd want to socialize. Any rabbits that can be pulled from hats? Or maybe I should just mooch off relatives in the greater Boston area and commute? (ugh)

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              Well, everything but the Beechwood is sold out and that's pretty close to getting sold out, even though it's pricey. Hotel sites are pushing me to Auburn and Marlborough, neither of which sound like places where I'd want to socialize. Any rabbits that can be pulled from hats? Or maybe I should just mooch off relatives in the greater Boston area and commute? (ugh)
              Really? Wow. Actually it would probably be better to do that. Because if you have to drive anyway it kind of ruins the "experience" of being close to the arena and being able to walk to everything.

There are a LOT of colleges in Worcester for a city its size, so that might contribute. Don't know what events may be going on other than that. But you have Holy Cross, WPI, Clark, Worcester State, etc. Auburn is closer because it's only about five minutes away up I-190. But if the goal is to 'be there' and be able to walk, that won't matter either.

Comment

Congrats to Adam Gaudette for winning the Walter Brown award.

Comment

Congrats to Adam Gaudette for winning the Walter Brown award.
                  that is a great incentive for the local kids. good for him! thx
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

what has happened to the front pages?.. save the forum.....!!!
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      what has happened to the front pages?.. save the forum.....!!!
                      Meh. Just a run-of-the-mill hack attack. Part of the downside of life in the digital age.

In other news, NU is apparently hosting a pre-game ($10 cover) at Uno's, 25 Major Taylor Blvd, 1:30 - 1:30 on Saturday. Details and registration link on gonu.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        Meh. Just a run-of-the-mill hack attack. Part of the downside of life in the digital age.

In other news, NU is apparently hosting a pre-game ($10 cover) at Uno's, 25 Major Taylor Blvd, 1:30 - 1:30 on Saturday. Details and registration link on gonu.com.
                        Does the cover charge just get you to in or will that come with some food?
                        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                          Does the cover charge just get you to in or will that come with some food?
                          All of the ones I've been to in the past include food (and usually plenty of it).

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            All of the ones I've been to in the past include food (and usually plenty of it).
                            Sweet! I will see you guys there.
                            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Good luck to the Huskies this weekend. Go Hockey East.

Comment

Looking at the pairwise adjuster on CHN, it's amazing just how much every game means during the regular season.

We win that game vs. Quinnipiac where were outshot them 41-15? We end up a two seed and Cornell drops to a 2 seed in favor of Denver.

We lose the Beanpot championship (like usual)? We miss the tournament altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                X