RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018 Part II: Free of Troy “New” York Puns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Holy Crap, Dr Jackson on the RPI TV in between Periods 1 and 2.
    Did she collect an appearance fee?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018 Part II: Free of Troy “New” York Puns

I turned off the sound.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Colgate highlights
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDZCcGS3HpM
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

postgame interviews (just players, no coach)
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHSuRAZr91Y
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            Who were the 4 goalies?
            Neubert, Alford, Diebold, and someone from 2000 (not Laing).

Comment

Probably a scripted interview...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Neubert, Alford, Diebold, and someone from 2000 (not Laing).
                Prekaski
                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Unfortunately another 0-2 weekend for the boys. Frustrating, I am sure. But they played pretty well, made a few mistakes, didn't bury their Grade A chances, and a couple of soft goals made the difference. The major takeaway for me from Saturday: Colton Point doesn't like the traffic in front. He was whining to the refs. So to RPI I would suggest: keep it up. It will get rough in front, but I think it will pay off. Point, in his gear, looks like the biggest guy on the ice on either team. If he can't handle the RPI forwards" pressure, he might want to skip the NHL. Those guys are going to bring it to his doorstep every single night over and over again. The likes of Marchand and Simmonds might get you to appreciate Hayhurst, Polino, Tironese et al a little bit more. Go Red!

Comment

Per today’s AHL Transactions, Burgy has been recalled by Ottawa.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Of the various off-season thread titles posted, I like "RPI 2018 Off-Season: At least we had an Olympian" best. That's what I will use if I start the thread. I don't recall who suggested it.

It's not too late for additional suggestions.

Can anyone confirm that the weekend containing Saturday, 10/6/18 is the likely one for our preseason game? It moves a week because the NCAA tourney moves a week.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Of the various off-season thread titles posted, I like "RPI 2018 Off-Season: At least we had an Olympian" best. That's what I will use if I start the thread. I don't recall who suggested it.

It's not too late for additional suggestions.

Can anyone confirm that the weekend containing Saturday, 10/6/18 is the likely one for our preseason game? It moves a week because the NCAA tourney moves a week.
                          D-I bylaws, figure 17-2, state it is 6 October 2018 for the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            D-I bylaws, figure 17-2, state it is 6 October 2018 for the first day.
                            Thanks greatly. Haven't we in some years played the preseason game on the Friday of the first allowable weekend? In any case, I will use 10/6/18 when I start the countdown and modify it if necessary when the schedule is released.

Hopefully we will have a few more weekends before this needs to be done, but it could be Saturday night.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Thanks greatly. Haven't we in some years played the preseason game on the Friday of the first allowable weekend? In any case, I will use 10/6/18 when I start the countdown and modify it if necessary when the schedule is released.

Hopefully we will have a few more weekends before this needs to be done, but it could be Saturday night.
                              The only teams that are permitted to play before the first official NCAA day are those in Alaska. That being said, I'm not sure how the red/white scrimmage was affected, nor if we will bring that back.

Comment

Go Red! Will be listening to the games on WRPI this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X