• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI at Princeton, 2/16/18

Woo Hoo Hoo?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

And the extra point is good.

Comment

7 *

but 2 more PtC points
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

matching penalties
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            7 *

but 2 more PtC points
            Good pick.

Comment

PU penalty

LGR!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

JERICHO'S FAVORITE: THE MEN'S GAME RESET

Time: T.G.I.O.

Score:
                T RPI: //
                T PU: //

Power Plays:
                RPI: //
                PU: //

Comment

final

PU 7
                  RPI 2
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    Ugh. Let the blowout commence.
                    My baby had one of those already .
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Trust me, i wanted to leave 1/2 way through the first period but Jenny insisted we stay. The score was fairly representative of the play but I really think our team just matches up better against some times than others and this is just not one of them. I keep telling myself that we are not any less talented than many of the teams that are beating us but we just never seem to be in sync either offensively or defensively. We were all around the rink meeting people and there was a considerable amount of RPI support but I must say, it was far more toned down than in almost any previous year we have been there. Can say a lot about the game itself but simply stated you do not win many games in which you give up seven goals and especially when you fall behind so quickly by 3 or 4 goals.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Didn't see Dr. D and Jenny at the game. Perhaps they were dressed less conspicuously than in previous years?

My seat was at center ice, just outside the blue line nearer to the end where eight of the nine goals were scored.

The game started and Princeton came out smoking. They won the opening faceoff, took the puck right into the RPI zone, and never gave it up until Kuffner blasted one home from the slot, 27 seconds in. Then they won the ensuing faceoff, took the puck right into the RPI zone again, and again never gave it up until a deflection found its way into the net 16 seconds later.

Princeton's third goal, five minutes later, may have been the most disheartening of all. Princeton was on the power play, and the puck came loose in front and off to Marshall's left. It appeared that there were three RPI players with a chance to get possession, but somehow they got in each other's way so that none of them could get to the puck. None of them, however, was in the way of the pass that Hallisey sent over to Kuffner, who had the kind of tap-in chance that anybody's Great-Aunt Dorothy could have converted.

After that start, it's not surprising that the enthusiasm of the RPI fans in attendance was kind of toned down.

I agree that the final score was a pretty good reflection of how much one team outplayed the other. It was hard to envision this RPI team being capable of playing the kind of game they did only two weeks ago at Ithaca. Maybe, as Dr. D suggested, it was a matter of matchups.

Comment

Sorry to have missed Waite at the game. We normally sit in the same section and truly miss his conversation as he has a lot to offer with as many years of experience as i have with this program. We just had so many people with us and others we knew from the past that we roamed all over. And, yes, we were not dressed as in the past since the wether was just too warm for it.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                          X