Olympic women's hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympic women's hockey

Congrats to the Americans on moving on to the gold medal game. The Duggan line did a nice job of bringing the energy and a goal in the first half of the first when the rest of Team USA had a slow start.

Glad the girls broke out with a bunch of goals in the second. Is it just me or did they look tense and unhappy when it was 2-0 for a while there?

Really enjoyed the Dani Cameranesi interview with Pierre after the game. What a game for her, and I don’t think I had ever seen her face or heard from her before. Refreshing to hear from someone new.

Comment

https://***********/EurosportSuomi/s...43972859604993

very scary. Gillian Apps must be so proud.

Comment

The knee was brutal. Terrible missed call. No doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          Congrats to the Americans on moving on to the gold medal game. The Duggan line did a nice job of bringing the energy and a goal in the first half of the first when the rest of Team USA had a slow start.

Glad the girls broke out with a bunch of goals in the second. Is it just me or did they look tense and unhappy when it was 2-0 for a while there?

Really enjoyed the Dani Cameranesi interview with Pierre after the game. What a game for her, and I don’t think I had ever seen her face or heard from her before. Refreshing to hear from someone new.
          Dani's always been a pure talent on the ice, and always smiling, even when grinding for the puck behind the Gopher net. I watched her for her 4 years, and she was always a class act, along with Hannah, Lee, Amanda, Kelly, Sidney, and the ex-Gophers, Lamoureux twins and Gigi. That would make a pretty good team right there, with Rooney from Andover in goal! It is nice to see NBC bring the new core of Team USA to the interviews finally. Our midwest gals looked great tonight!

Could the O A from Russia beat Canada in a few hours? On any given day........that would be interesting for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
            https://***********/EurosportSuomi/s...43972859604993

very scary. Gillian Apps must be so proud.
            Holy CRAP! I have not watched the game yet, but plan on it. I don't know if I can watch that play again. That was brutal, blatant, irresponsible, and ignorant. What it could not possibly have been was incidental or accidental.
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
              Dani's always been a pure talent on the ice, and always smiling, even when grinding for the puck behind the Gopher net.!
              I was probably not paying attention before but Kelli Blankenship was the first player I saw that was smiling on every shift no matter the situation. Kelly Terry is another one, winning or losing, no matter how tough the situation she appeared to always be having the time of her life out there. Hannah Brandt has it too. It takes a special kind of player to have that grit & determination but also just revel in the game. Those are lucky players, as are their teammates.

It's a shame Räty does not have a better team around her
              - - -
              Now, to everyone's great surprise it is US/Canada for the gold. Easy prediction: it will be a one goal game that could have gone either way, maybe have an OT (Dear Pasta, please don't allow it to be a shootout) those are just wrong.

Comment

Yeah so what are the overtime rules?

EDIT: I found it -- 4v4 for 20 minutes, then a 5 round shootout.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

The biased Eurocentric governing body responsible for the women's games at this level is demoralizing the women's game by trying to be the United Nations. Stupidly politically correct and it is hurting the women's game massively. to "grow the game" they need all European (women) officials working all important games even those these officials are the worst ambassadors for the sport with their inexperience and gross incompetence. This is not acceptable.

a high stick from Lacquette was not called and was only brought to their attention when the player was hurt, and still no penalty.

If one is a European, is a woman, incompetent, dumb, stupid, and out to lunch, the IIHF wants you to officiate women's hockey.
                  unfortunately, it is way worse at the U18s level, if one can believe it. The officials threw out every center in the faceoff circle every time there was a faceoff. So stupid.

the people responsible for overseeing the officiating should be in jail.

Comment

“It's a shame Räty does not have a better team around her”

I think Räty has had her time but now believe that she is overrated. I would take Rigsby, Rooney or Szabados ahead of her any day. I get that she is not blessed with having a powerhouse team play in front of her but she has not been very good when I have watched her play the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
                      The biased Eurocentric governing body responsible for the women's games at this level is demoralizing the women's game by trying to be the United Nations. Stupidly politically correct and it is hurting the women's game massively. to "grow the game" they need all European (women) officials working all important games even those these officials are the worst ambassadors for the sport with their inexperience and gross incompetence. This is not acceptable.

a high stick from Lacquette was not called and was only brought to their attention when the player was hurt, and still no penalty.

If one is a European, is a woman, incompetent, dumb, stupid, and out to lunch, the IIHF wants you to officiate women's hockey.
                      unfortunately, it is way worse at the U18s level, if one can believe it. The officials threw out every center in the faceoff circle every time there was a faceoff. So stupid.

the people responsible for overseeing the officiating should be in jail.
                      I watched the OAR-Canada game via the NBC on-line stream, which has different announcers than the live NBC broadcast. They said the refs were from the United States. (That doesn't mean they did a good job; but if it is correct, it blows up that part of your rant.)

Comment

What are the chances Duggan gets suspended given iihf history? Like 10 percent? Do they try to make up for the obvious miss on the ice or double down and say it was correct and legal?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Given the refs, let's just hope they don't try to make up for it in the gold medal game.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post

I think Räty has had her time but now believe that she is overrated. I would take Rigsby, Rooney or Szabados ahead of her any day. I get that she is not blessed with having a powerhouse team play in front of her but she has not been very good when I have watched her play the past few years.
                            I think she has had some mental lapses but those could be caused by the situation she is in. Swap her with Rooney or Szabados and those are very different games as she would not have faced most of the shots that went in.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post

Yeah, but Finland cannot take Rigsby, Rooney or Szabados any day. And that's the real problem.

Finland is getting better and better, but do they have a succession plan for Raty? If not, they will regress.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                                - - -
                                Now, to everyone's great surprise it is US/Canada for the gold. Easy prediction: it will be a one goal game that could have gone either way, maybe have an OT (Dear Pasta, please don't allow it to be a shootout) those are just wrong.
                                Nope, I stand by my prediction of a couple of days ago, USA 4 Canada 1.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X