Olympic women's hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympic women's hockey

Lindsay makes a good point......if you want to comment on Lawler or any person, who cares what they look like? But in saying that, as I mentioned earlier on the other thread, reverse the roles since Bonhomme is clearly more relaxed
    (thru experience).......they seemed to have hired Lawler for her player relationships, and like most rookies, she's afraid to be honest with telling friends what they're doing wrong......ie, regrouping every 30 seconds!!
    What gets me is the commentary during the game.......how can AJ compare a professional program to Korea or Japan? "they need to step up in this game".....really? How do they do that if they can't skate.......

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      Do we really have to critique the physical appearance of women, in this community? Come on Shelfit.

Yea she looks nervous. Darwitz did 4 years ago too. Once again, Why are so few women getting into broadcasting post hockey careers? It’s the same issue as the coaches. At the Olympics, we prioritize getting women involved; the other 4 years and at other levels not so much. At the Olympics someone gets put on the world’s stage, and the haters come out. The development of women in all the roles involved in putting on a hockey game needs to be a priority in non Olympic years.

I believe Kelley Hrudey once said it took him ten years to get comfortable as an analyst. There are probably precious few for whom it would be immediate professional presence. Have to let her find her way, have some patience.
      I agree with you. It takes time. Both Darwitz and Wendell are looking a lot more relaxed in their recent appearances as both television analysts and as interviewees than they did a few years ago. Lindsay Whalen, too, is improving with each appearance in her role as an analyst on Fox with the Timberwolves' games.

Give Lawler a break. She'll get better. The refereeing of the games? Probably not.
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Not sure how I feel about the quality of this game but I continue to be very frustrated with the officiating skill level which in my opinion is well below the level of the players, especially when these two teams are on the ice together.
        Last edited by shelfit; 02-14-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

They should try Rachel Ramsey. No olympic experience (except her dad's) but a lot of collegiate championship experience. Plus she wouldn't be scared of the mic at all - she hosts a daily radio show in Minneapolis... Wendell, however, is probably the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
            They should try Rachel Ramsey. No olympic experience (except her dad's) but a lot of collegiate championship experience. Plus she wouldn't be scared of the mic at all - she hosts a daily radio show in Minneapolis... Wendell, however, is probably the best choice.
            Lawler was visibly upset with this loss. She even gave Tessa a shot saying to her, "You remember how difficult it was to face the speed of the US." Pretty funny not to mention incredibly unprofessional. Lol. Wendell would be awesome to have.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              Lawler was visibly upset with this loss. She even gave Tessa a shot saying to her, "You remember how difficult it was to face the speed of the US." Pretty funny not to mention incredibly unprofessional. Lol. Wendell would be awesome to have.
              Which broadcast were you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                Which broadcast were you watching?
                NBCSN obviously.

Comment

NBCSN obviously.
                  Thanks. But, "obviously"? Am I supposed to know all the options that you have down there?

Trying to understand your comment re: the broadcast. Were you referring to Bonhomme and, if so, Bonhomme and Lawler were together on the same broadcast?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    Thanks. But, "obviously"? Am I supposed to know all the options that you have down there?

Trying to understand your comment re: the broadcast. Were you referring to Bonhomme and, if so, Bonhomme and Lawler were together on the same broadcast?
                    Correct. Bonhomme is the main anchor with Lawler as the second. I thought it was an amusing moment.

Comment

Lot of young team mistakes by my Russian squad this morning. IIRC, 2 or 3 goals off d-zone turnovers, 3 power play goals against...they'll learn not to take those penalties with experience and hopefully ease the mistakes out of their game.

The score was not really indicative of the play, I think it was fairly even with Finland edging it...could've had more than one but Noora is Noora.
                      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Not sure how I feel about the quality of this game but I continue to be very frustrated with the officiating skill level which in my opinion is well below the level of the players, especially when these two teams are on the ice together.
                        I loved when the USA player absolutely plowed over the ref. And then seconds later, another ref nearly got in the way of the play...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                          but Noora is Noora.
                          Which is why I really wanted the USA to win yesterday.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            I loved when the USA player absolutely plowed over the ref. And then seconds later, another ref nearly got in the way of the play...
                            Gigi Marvin for tournament MVP just for that.
                            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Which is why I really wanted the USA to win yesterday.
                              Yes, but on the other hand, having to work through the tougher semifinal will probably be beneficial come next week.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

i loved that too!

https://***********/TheRenderNHL/sta...79796345769984

So great.

Comment

Working...
                                X