Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Olympic women's hockey

Great game is right.

Tremendous effort by Russia on that giveaway by (was it Stalder?) the Swiss.

They are making Schelling look bad.

Comment

This team looks so much more confident. Hold on and let's get ready for Canada.
      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I can't say I've ever seen a game with two two-player disadvantage goals before (the Sosina ENG and the Shokhina opener). We got a win though and that's what matters! Especially against the Swiss!

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Tremendously entertaining game.

I've never seen the Russians with as good an offense as this. Normally most of them couldn't shoot (except for Gavrilova)...not the case with this team.

Offensively, quick decisions, quick execution, crisp passes. Great to watch.

Defensively, some horrible decisions that could have cost them the game...but the same can be said of the Olympic Athletes from Switzerland.

Very deserving of the win...very glad for this team fighting and playing through the stigmatizing events that they've had to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            Tremendously entertaining game.

I've never seen the Russians with as good an offense as this. Normally most of them couldn't shoot (except for Gavrilova)...not the case with this team.

Offensively, quick decisions, quick execution, crisp passes. Great to watch.

Defensively, some horrible decisions that could have cost them the game...but the same can be said of the Olympic Athletes from Switzerland.

Very deserving of the win...very glad for this team fighting and playing through the stigmatizing events that they've had to endure.
            That second Shokhina goal - the passing between her and Dergachyova was downright orgasmic. They're actually linemates for their club team too, which Chistyakov (Russian coach) also coaches. Along with Shtaryova that line's been killing it in the ЖХЛ for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I loved when the USA player absolutely plowed over the ref. And then seconds later, another ref nearly got in the way of the play...
              I have seen Kelter who is a former Badger was doing some officiating for U16 and U19. Where is she at in the hierarchy of reffing for college?

Speaking of flat out bad officiating was when I was watching the U18 games in Russia and those refs were flat out bad. Did not know how to throw down a puck for a face off without throwing a center out every other face off. Amateur hour for real. I know they are trying to promote women refs but was that the best they could find? Is there no head of officials teaching these women. Those gals should have had their act together after the first period

This is what you get when you demand equality and then do not set the high standards and equip them with the coaching and experience that is demanded of their male counterparts. If my daughter wants to officiate some day I want her to be a Pro and I want people to know she earned it just as much as her male partners.
              Pass the puck

Comment

USA vs. Finland in the first semifinal TONIGHT at 10:10pm CT on NBCSN.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Go USA!

Comment

For everyone's added enjoyment, comedian Leslie Jones is live tweeting the US vs Finland semifinal on her Twitter feed.

Comment

Alarm set for Russia tomorrow...

gulp

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Go USA!
                        "Golden Gophers 2, Finland 0".

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          "Golden Gophers 2, Finland 0".
                          Against a Golden Gopher! They obviously know where to shoot on her. Blocker side high!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                            Against a Golden Gopher! They obviously know where to shoot on her. Blocker side high!
                            Hahaha, good one.

Comment

Appears as though the OAF decided to take advantage of those return air fares early and headed back home before this game started.

What a gigantic disappointment to not show up for this game after the way that they played their first two games.

Looks like Raty's magic has disappeared.

And Duggan keeps trying to prove that what appears to be her classless character may only be exceeded by her mean streak. She should have been tossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                                And Duggan keeps trying to prove that what appears to be her classless character may only be exceeded by her mean streak. She should have been tossed.
                                I guarantee that a male referee would have called that obvious knee to knee contact because they are used to looking for the cheap shots and body contact involved in men's hockey. The female referee that was staring right at the play as it happened wasn't expecting it, wasn't looking for it, wasn't used to it. That's easily the worst non-call I've seen in hockey in a long long time. That moment completely changed the complexion of the game. What a shame. It was actually fun to watch up until then because Finland had all kinds of spirit and effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X