WCHA Pick 'Em 2017-2018 <<<<< PLAYOFF EDITION >>>>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2017-2018 <<<<< PLAYOFF EDITION >>>>>

Thanks Wi.HuskiesFan for the correction...the Jeff Sauer WCHA Championship Trophy goes to the winner. I'll update that next week.
    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-05-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

mbenecke posted the most points in the first round of the playoffs with 22 and advances to the quarterfinal round as do higher seeds SweeneyHawksHockey, GoNanooks, Wi.HuskiesFan, and crossjcek. For those of you who have cash on the line in your office pools, note that the entire North regional has been turned upside down with lower seeds puckdude40 and Mich Tech 64 pulling off stunning upsets -- here's hoping your brackets aren't busted too badly. Lastly, Laker Dude kicked my okole* up one side and down the other and advances to the quarterfinals. Gee, this was fun...what a great idea it was to have a single elimination playoff tournament.

The same form will be used to enter picks for both the quarterfinal and semifinal rounds (picks and bonuses). I'll try to post results after Friday night's contests so the field can see who advances to the Saturday night games.

Make week Quarterfinal and Semifinal picks here: https://goo.gl/forms/x3k8Ct8vQCgjEFJo1

WCHA Pick Em Playoffs

*https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=okole

Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 03-05-2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Saw a pick for 35 goals by the road teams on Friday. The home teams better watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          Saw a pick for 35 goals by the road teams on Friday. The home teams better watch out!
          That's me. I wanted to make sure the links worked for this week.

Comment

Quarterfinal round is complete. If you picked BG to win, well, you didn't fare so well. #5 crossjcek, will face #8 GoNanooks (upsetting #1 seed SweeneyHawksHockey) in the first semifinal game, and #15 puckdude will square off against Wi.HuskiesFan (who knocked off mbenecke by 1 bonus point!) in the second game. The field will be reduced to 2 after tomorrow night's game. Call your bookies and get your wagers in.

WCHA Pick Em Playoffs

Comment

No ****! I am moving on??
              Huge, huge upset for me. Didn't think I would stand a chance! mbenecke has been real good all year in pick'em.
              Last edited by Wi.Huskies Fan; 03-09-2018, 10:17 PM.
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

The championship match-up is set and what a semifinal round it was - both matches were decided by one point! The OT Bonus question made the difference for #5 crosscjek while #6 Wi.HuskiesFan was the only player with the courage to correctly pick both upsets tonight (and tacked on an extra bonus point for the win). The championship is set, now all we need are the teams for these two giants of WCHA Pick 'Em to pick from.

WCHA Pick Em Playoffs

Comment

Game on!

Since it's now mano a mano, this week's picks will be top secret. I'll post the picks on Friday or Saturday once everyone's entries are in.

Enter championship picks here: https://goo.gl/forms/UwaU5iFd9ljxVNVq2

Comment

I fell a bit short of the treble, but it was a fun season nonetheless. Best of luck to Crossjcek and Wi.HuskiesFan in the final!
                    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Man, this was a tough one. Especially after seeing one of the teams 3 times this weekend and the split this year. Will Tech put up a 5 spot or get blanked, which team shows up? The rivalry aspect taken into account and my devastated 7 year old is sure Northern is going to take it.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                        Man, this was a tough one. Especially after seeing one of the teams 3 times this weekend and the split this year. Will Tech put up a 5 spot or get blanked, which team shows up? The rivalry aspect taken into account and my devastated 7 year old is sure Northern is going to take it.
                        Here's the twist though. You have to consider that your opponent can no longer in good conscience keep "HuskiesFan" in his screen name if he doesn't pick Tech to win. So do you want this to come down to bonus points, given he has been #1 in bonus points all season long? I mean, we're only talking about the inaugural Jeff Sauer Pick 'Em Championship trophy here!

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

And speaking of devastated 7 year olds...yeah...that description fits a lot of us these days.

Comment

It has been a fun season of WCHA Pick'em and now we are down to the last game. I guess it is a no-brainer on my pick.
                          Thanks for running what I think has been the greatest "Pick'em on these boards Talons.

Good luck crossjcek.

The winner gets an all expense paid trip to......the Frozen Four????

Comment

My gut says Tech will pull this one out with the run they are on BUT I wanted to make it a straight up winner take all so I picked Northern! Good luck WHF. I have never done a pick-em before but this one was set up so well I gave it a shot. Great work TUPD!

Comment

Picks are in. Winner gets some positive rep from me.

Good luck to the both of you!

Code:
                              		crossjcek		WiHuskiesFan
                              Pick		Northern Michigan	Michigan Tech
                              Away Goals	2			3
                              Home Goals	3			2
                              GWG Time	37			64

Comment

I see we both picked the same number of goals for the final score. It only leaves who wins if my math is correct. Very interesting....

Comment

Working...
                                X