• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American and Canadian U16/U19 AAA Hockey

Originally posted by 312hockey View Post
    Recent 2021 Commitments

Serena Slusarcyk (F, 2002) - Pittsburgh Pens U16 - commits to Robert Morris
    Grace Kuipers (F, 2003) - Eden Prairie/MN Jr. Whitecaps - commits to Princeton
    Rory Guilday (D, 2002) - Minnetonka/OS - commits to Cornell
    Skyler Vetter (G, 2002) - MN Jr. Whitecaps - commits to Minnesota
    Marianne Picard (F, 2002) - Stanstead College - commits to Wisconsin
    Lily Martinson (D, 2003) - Dallas Stars Elite U14 - commits to Providence
    I gotta ask - is Skyler related to Jesse?

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      I gotta ask - is Skyler related to Jesse?
      No However, she is related to Christi Vetter of Penn State

Comment

Originally posted by gotanytape View Post
        This will be my first post too! I've been lurking here for several years and this thread is finally something I can contribute to. There is going to be lots of great hockey this weekend in Washington DC at the JWHL's Challenge Cup. My guess is that most of the D1 teams will have several commits playing in these games. It takes place Thursday thru Monday at two different rinks, Kettler (U19) and Rockville (U16 & U14). Some of the teams attending are:

WASHINGTON PRIDE
        CHICAGO YOUNG AMERICANS
        LITTLE CAESARS
        NEWBRIDGE ACADEMY
        NAHA
        BOSTON SHAMROCKS
        OTTAWA LADY 67'S
        NORTHERN CYCLONES
        HONEYBAKED
        BELLE TIRE
        ANAHEIM LADY DUCKS
        CHICAGO MISSION
        BALMORAL HALL SCHOOL
        RIDLEY COLLEGE
        STANSTEAD COLLEGE
        ONTARIO HOCKEY ACADEMY
        PACIFIC STEELERS
        ANAHEIM LADY DUCKS
        Some really impressive teams. Would have to say two top teams with some really high end talent out of Canada. Limoilou out of Quebec & POE in Western Canada. Some fantastic teams and high end girls who could compete with just about anyone. Watched both play each other in Stoney Creek and was easily the game of the tournament. Great to see the female teams and talent coming from so many places.

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYSCOUT View Post
          Some really impressive teams. Would have to say two top teams with some really high end talent out of Canada. Limoilou out of Quebec & POE in Western Canada. Some fantastic teams and high end girls who could compete with just about anyone. Watched both play each other in Stoney Creek and was easily the game of the tournament. Great to see the female teams and talent coming from so many places.
          If you would care to, would you be willing to give some quick observations on the committed recruits out of these programs that most of us do not get to see?
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            If you would care to, would you be willing to give some quick observations on the committed recruits out of these programs that most of us do not get to see?
            And please leave out your daughter!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              And please leave out your daughter!
              Seriously...And any girls you coach

Comment

Semi finals at JWHL Challenge Cup - Juniors

Chicago Mission vs Chicago Young Americans
                NAHA vs Belle Tire

Great hockey to watch! Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Quick recap of how these games went: Both the Chicago teams skated hard and teams had to settle it in a shootout where CYA ends up the victors. I've seen CYA play a few times this season and they beat a very good Mission team that beat #1 ranked Shattuck four consecutive games a month back. In the other semi-final game, NAHA jumped out to a 3-1 lead but were unable to hold on to it. BT scored the game winner with .4 seconds on the clock giving BT a hard fought 4-3 victory. The Championship game saw Belle Tire win 4-0 in a game where CYA had two long 5 on 3 power plays and were unable to convert. CYA also had several other power plays (5) where they never got a shot on net during a few of them. BT defense very strong throughout the whole tournament. This is the same group that won Nationals at 16U last year and moved up to 19U. They are back to back tourney champs at the JWHL Challenge Cup, but different age groups.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                    Quick recap of how these games went: Both the Chicago teams skated hard and teams had to settle it in a shootout where CYA ends up the victors. I've seen CYA play a few times this season and they beat a very good Mission team that beat #1 ranked Shattuck four consecutive games a month back. In the other semi-final game, NAHA jumped out to a 3-1 lead but were unable to hold on to it. BT scored the game winner with .4 seconds on the clock giving BT a hard fought 4-3 victory. The Championship game saw Belle Tire win 4-0 in a game where CYA had two long 5 on 3 power plays and were unable to convert. CYA also had several other power plays (5) where they never got a shot on net during a few of them. BT defense very strong throughout the whole tournament. This is the same group that won Nationals at 16U last year and moved up to 19U. They are back to back tourney champs at the JWHL Challenge Cup, but different age groups.
                    Does it really matter who wins these things as opposed to playing well against good competition and getting in the recruiting notebook of a number of schools?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Does it really matter who wins these things as opposed to playing well against good competition and getting in the recruiting notebook of a number of schools?
                      It matters to the players or maybe you prefer they receive participation medals?

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        It matters to the players or maybe you prefer they receive participation medals?
                        I prefer showcases. Play 4 or 5 games and go home. Save winning as the primary objective for the post season.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I prefer showcases. Play 4 or 5 games and go home. Save winning as the primary objective for the post season.
                          Agreed. Especially in the jwhl tournament, which was very long and the elite teams had to play 3 or 4 blowouts before getting to some decent competition.

Comment

Disagree. Players hate showcases. They prefer to be working towards a goal in each tournament. Showcases are a just a bunch of random scrimmages.

Comment

JWHL Cup U16 Stat Leaders

Goalies

Ottawa's Michelle Pasiechnyk (2002, 2020, Clarkson) had 85 save on 87 shots in 3 games played
                              CYA's Grace Kedziora (2002, 2021) had 63 saves on 65 shots in 2 games played
                              CYA's Jill Hertl (2003, 2022) had 95 saves on 103 shots in 3 games played
                              LC's Amanda Thiele (2002, 2020, Ohio State) had 52 saves on 53 shots in 3 games played

Point Leaders

LC's Kirsten Simms (2004, 2022) led the U16 division with 18 pts! Incredibly impressive for her age.
                              LC's Courtney Hall (2001, 2019, St. Cloud) had 13 pts
                              Mission's Abbey Murphy (2002, 2020, Minnesota) had 9 pts
                              Rice's Saige Biddle (2002, 2020) produced 6 pts
                              Boston's Mia Buonarosa (2004, 2023) had 6 pts
                              CYA's Kylie Makuh (2002, 2020) had 5 pts and one GW
                              Newbridge's Emma Bishop (2002, 2020) had 5 pts
                              Team Illinois' Kate McLaughlin (2002, 2020) also logged 5 pts
                              Belle Tire's Stella Scott (2019, 2001) had 4 pts
                              NAHA's Anna Gallagher (2002, 2020, Brown) logged 4 pts
                              Ottawa's Marika Gagnon (2002, 2020) had 4 pts
                              New Jersey's Kailen Coelho (2001, 2019) also had 4 pts

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                                Disagree. Players hate showcases. They prefer to be working towards a goal in each tournament. Showcases are a just a bunch of random scrimmages.
                                My daughter played in the JWHL and didn't mind the showcase weekends. It was just her regular season since the standings mattered and led to playoff seeding. It also helps when you get contacted from university coaches after a given weekend - you see the real value in having all the teams in one place!

Comment

Working...
                                X