Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

  1. #1
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,178

    Angry 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    This is a thread for people to discuss St. Cloud State University Huskies hockey. I thought we needed a thread for people to congratulate us when SCSU wins the Penrose, gets to the Frozen Four and eventually wins the National Championship.

    This is not a place to discuss NHL goal totals of players, research funding, or famous alumni from other universities.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

  2. #2
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,428

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Regardless of the PWR, we're a horrible team and deserve nothing but derision. We're not even located in Minneapolis and therefore unworthy of having a successful year. We don't have enough history to have that PWR.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  3. #3
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Regardless of the PWR, we're a horrible team and deserve nothing but derision. We're not even located in Minneapolis and therefore unworthy of having a successful year. We don't have enough history to have that PWR.
    I don't even know why we bother playing at all...i mean we have no one successful in the NHL...so what's the point?

  4. #4
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,178

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Anyone have thoughts on the goalie situation? Seemed like Bob was leaning toward Hrenak going into last weekend. Smith looked great on Friday night, then Hrenak gets the shutout on Saturday. I have no idea what Bob's plan is for the playoffs, but I think he will pick one goalie and stick with him. Hrenak clearly has the better numbers, but the team has a higher winning percentage with Smith in net. My gut says he will go with Smith, but I hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

  5. #5
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,428

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    I like Hrenak. He looks more fundamentally sound and squares up to the shooter better than Smith. He also seems calmer, more collected than Smith on the ice.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

  6. #6
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,090

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    It seems like it is shifting toward Hrenak but it may not become "his job" till the tourney.

  7. #7
    Like-Minded Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind enemy lines
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Nothing will surprise me with the goalies, so I'm not going to make a prediction. However, I believe that whoever ends up being the guy should start getting back-to-back starts pronto.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    SCSU scored 9 goals at home to WMU's 10 but got a split out of it. All by itself that doesn't bode well for SCSU this weekend playing on the road in Michigan.

    My prediction next 6, 2-4 overall, but 1-5 wouldn't surprise me at all.

    So this weekend I'm leaning towards a sweep, but only about 60/40. That 1 win in the not surprised if SCSU goes 1-5, would most likely come this weekend, imo.

    But I could be wrong. Enjoy the weekend.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    This is a thread for people to discuss St. Cloud State University Huskies hockey. I thought we needed a thread for people to congratulate us when SCSU wins the Penrose, gets to the Frozen Four and eventually wins the National Championship.

    This is not a place to discuss NHL goal totals of players, research funding, or famous alumni from other universities.
    Btw, I would not think of discussing anything but SCSU hockey here in the SCSU thread. I will even refrain from referring to the school by anything other than SCSU or St Cloud St University. And you also don't have to worry about me hanging out in here much at all. I mean, why would I have to, you all come to the Gopher thread more than here anyways, right? Hey, as long as its to discuss GOPHER hockey, I'm all for it.

  10. #10
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,178

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    SCSU scored 9 goals at home to WMU's 10 but got a split out of it. All by itself that doesn't bode well for SCSU this weekend playing on the road in Michigan.

    My prediction next 6, 2-4 overall, but 1-5 wouldn't surprise me at all.

    So this weekend I'm leaning towards a sweep, but only about 60/40. That 1 win in the not surprised if SCSU goes 1-5, would most likely come this weekend, imo.

    But I could be wrong. Enjoy the weekend.
    Oh boy, you really got me mad now...
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Oh boy, you really got me mad now...
    But think of how SCSU getting a weekend sweep will be just that tiny bit more enjoyable knowing that not only did your team win, but Fred was proven WRONG, lol.

  12. #12
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,090

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Something no one has ever said...I wonder what Dubbers thinks...

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Something no one has ever said...I wonder what Dubbers thinks...
    Funniest part of that little post of yours, is the fact that I am not JDubbs. :P

    Carry on.

  14. #14
    Like-Minded Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Behind enemy lines
    Posts
    1,284

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Funniest part of that little post of yours, is the fact that I am not JDubbs.

    Carry on.
    Ok JDubbs.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    Funniest part of that little post of yours, is the fact that I am not JDubbs. :P

    Carry on.
    Ok then Dubbers...
    Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    tie game!!! So exciting! Aren't you guys excited? I mean, you do realize the more you stick to the story that I'm JDubbs, the more I WIN? lol Come on guys and gals, drop it, move on. So much more to life than holding some petty grudge against a guy you think is person X, but is really just person Y that was messing with you? lol My fans that keep me in the green LOVE it when you call me JDubbs, btw. And YES, this is reverse psychology, no, double reverse psychology, which by my admitting as much makes it TRIPLE reverse psychology. LMMFAO!!!

    But who cares about all of that sh1t, your team is ranked #1 in the nation and my team is ranked #9 and hosting the #6 ranked team. This is some fun and exciting sh1t. Hell with B1G > NCHC or nchc > big or whatever, I say B!G & NCHC = the best hockey in the nation, and > The east, lol.


    My lady Gophers are 2 goals up on #1 Wisc right now, Harvard, Union & Army are all winning, SCSU is TIED?? Couldn't be a better Friday night so far!!! This is fun. This is what sports is all about. FUN.

    I'm sorry I had too much fun at SCSU fans expense and that now you all hold some sort of hatred/grudge against me, honestly, I never thought you all would take it so seriously. I'd ask to kiss and make up, lol, but I know that would be asking WAY too much, so lets just say, you quick annoying Gopher fans in the Gopher Season thread, and either talk Gopher hockey OR...

    OR

    or you come up with some hilarious funnier than ever sh1t at my expense, the Special Fred video was AWESOME, just make all of the Gopher fans here, and ME, and yourselves of course, cry from laughter and we'll all be better off for it.


    Hell, if you want more material to work with, I'd be fine with cooperating. I'm horizontally challenged, if that helps. Think Napoleon Complex maybe? I'm still single and believe myself good with the ladies, lol. If that isn't enough for you guys(and gals) to come up with some good material, then there is probably no hope for you all.


    Come on, lighten up, have some fun, life is meant to be enjoyed.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Hey, if anything, SCSU hockey is fun and exciting to watch, you keep sh1t suspenseful. Dammm.

    WTH

    3-3
    4-4
    5-5

    Guys ever heard of goal tending or defense? lol j/k, and forget about it, its awesome, I love it, very exciting. A 1-0 hockey game is ONLY ok for the team that wins it, and sort of the fans.

    a 8-7 game great for everyone, esp the team that wins it, but at least the losing team had fun watching an exciting game.
    Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-16-2018 at 08:34 PM.

  18. #18
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,090
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    tie game!!! So exciting! Aren't you guys excited? I mean, you do realize the more you stick to the story that I'm JDubbs, the more I WIN? lol Come on guys and gals, drop it, move on. So much more to life than holding some petty grudge against a guy you think is person X, but is really just person Y that was messing with you? lol My fans that keep me in the green LOVE it when you call me JDubbs, btw. And YES, this is reverse psychology, no, double reverse psychology, which by my admitting as much makes it TRIPLE reverse psychology. LMMFAO!!!

    But who cares about all of that sh1t, your team is ranked #1 in the nation and my team is ranked #9 and hosting the #6 ranked team. This is some fun and exciting sh1t. Hell with B1G > NCHC or nchc > big or whatever, I say B!G & NCHC = the best hockey in the nation, and > The east, lol.


    My lady Gophers are 2 goals up on #1 Wisc right now, Harvard, Union & Army are all winning, SCSU is TIED?? Couldn't be a better Friday night so far!!! This is fun. This is what sports is all about. FUN.

    I'm sorry I had too much fun at SCSU fans expense and that now you all hold some sort of hatred/grudge against me, honestly, I never thought you all would take it so seriously. I'd ask to kiss and make up, lol, but I know that would be asking WAY too much, so lets just say, you quick annoying Gopher fans in the Gopher Season thread, and either talk Gopher hockey OR...

    OR

    or you come up with some hilarious funnier than ever sh1t at my expense, the Special Fred video was AWESOME, just make all of the Gopher fans here, and ME, and yourselves of course, cry from laughter and we'll all be better off for it.


    Hell, if you want more material to work with, I'd be fine with cooperating. I'm horizontally challenged, if that helps. Think Napoleon Complex maybe? I'm still single and believe myself good with the ladies, lol. If that isn't enough for you guys(and gals) to come up with some good material, then there is probably no hope for you all.


    Come on, lighten up, have some fun, life is meant to be enjoyed.
    No one cares.

  19. #19
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
    tie game!!! So exciting! Aren't you guys excited? I mean, you do realize the more you stick to the story that I'm JDubbs, the more I WIN? lol Come on guys and gals, drop it, move on. So much more to life than holding some petty grudge against a guy you think is person X, but is really just person Y that was messing with you? lol My fans that keep me in the green LOVE it when you call me JDubbs, btw. And YES, this is reverse psychology, no, double reverse psychology, which by my admitting as much makes it TRIPLE reverse psychology. LMMFAO!!!

    But who cares about all of that sh1t, your team is ranked #1 in the nation and my team is ranked #9 and hosting the #6 ranked team. This is some fun and exciting sh1t. Hell with B1G > NCHC or nchc > big or whatever, I say B!G & NCHC = the best hockey in the nation, and > The east, lol.


    My lady Gophers are 2 goals up on #1 Wisc right now, Harvard, Union & Army are all winning, SCSU is TIED?? Couldn't be a better Friday night so far!!! This is fun. This is what sports is all about. FUN.

    I'm sorry I had too much fun at SCSU fans expense and that now you all hold some sort of hatred/grudge against me, honestly, I never thought you all would take it so seriously. I'd ask to kiss and make up, lol, but I know that would be asking WAY too much, so lets just say, you quick annoying Gopher fans in the Gopher Season thread, and either talk Gopher hockey OR...

    OR

    or you come up with some hilarious funnier than ever sh1t at my expense, the Special Fred video was AWESOME, just make all of the Gopher fans here, and ME, and yourselves of course, cry from laughter and we'll all be better off for it.


    Hell, if you want more material to work with, I'd be fine with cooperating. I'm horizontally challenged, if that helps. Think Napoleon Complex maybe? I'm still single and believe myself good with the ladies, lol. If that isn't enough for you guys(and gals) to come up with some good material, then there is probably no hope for you all.


    Come on, lighten up, have some fun, life is meant to be enjoyed.
    Get a life and get out of here, loser. No one cares about your sad life. Stay on topic or I will report you to the mods.

  20. #20
    Falling on fans at NHC since 2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    3,178

    Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread

    Also, if you haven't noticed, Gopher fans hate you too. No one owes you anything other than a hard kick in the nuts, you d-bag.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •