Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen Four Minny edition -- who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four Minny edition -- who's going?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    27-1-1
    27-2
    27-2
    29-0
    Cornell's admission standards were pretty high then, as now. Have you any idea how much they relaxed those standards for high end Canadian talent under Harkness?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Cornell's admission standards were pretty high then, as now. Have you any idea how much they relaxed those standards for high end Canadian talent under Harkness?
      I'm sure they were all geniuses.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hockey savants.

Comment

Moo!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Yes, you should like this spot better. The MOA area is too remote for what most posters want to do in their time off. You're centrally located between the two downtown areas, and it's easy to get between them or anywhere else you might desire. Both cities have plenty to offer, but Minneapolis tends to be busier with more options outside of the hockey arena, unless you're able to make plans with other posters.

That said, I forget about Uber and Lyft as I've never had cause to use either.
            St. Paul has some great food, but I think minneapolis is better. There are some truly amazing restaurants in the north loop

Comment

You are all in luck as I will also be attending the Frozen Four this year!
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                You are all in luck as I will also be attending the Frozen Four this year!
                We need our token Fighting Hawk Fan.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  I'll be there! Could plan something, like a poster game if we would like. Really looking forward to it. Would love to have a tailgate but as Brent said it's no longer allowed at that current lot and you need to ask Tom Reid's bar for permission/let them know you'll be there. Not sure what my gopher tailgating friends are gonna with that.
                  Biddy knows the one lot that's left. The skinny lot between Forepaugh's and the old DQ lot. They did build a privacy fence since the days of the ol' B1G tourney/F5.

Unless the Gophs are there, I'll be rocking a 1980 USSR jersey (Tretiak) and/or an AIC jersey (non-lettered).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    We need our token Fighting Hawk Fan.
                    Don't you mean token DU fan? I got a jersey for Christmas that has the Fighting Hawk logo. I might wear it. Maybe. Not likely. Possible. Staying at a Hampton Inn near UM. Looks like it works pretty good for taking the Green Line to the X, and should be close to restaurants and other stuff?
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      Between us we'll have an OHL Alex Auld jersey, Pearl Jam themed Leaf's jersey, and we'll be a UNH jersey walking with a BU jersey. .
                      should be wearing the bu, and if 'must' only - throw the uhn under (so nobody can see it)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        should be wearing the bu, and if 'must' only - throw the uhn under (so nobody can see it)
                        I can almost promise I won't be hit by a car this time around.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I can almost promise I won't be hit by a car this time around.
                          That was a fun day
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            We'll likely Uber over to St. Paul during the day and stay for the games and then Uber back. Last time, tcbg stayed out by the Mall of America. He didn't love it, so we're trying this spot.
                            You can always walk to Gabe's (it's safe after the football season, slacker bar ) or The Half Time Rec, an Irish pub.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Going to the games, but not planning on taking any vacation days, so I'll be working Friday. Need to save my vacation when this is at home.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I’ll be there. Not taking vacation but would love to meet up either for a tailgate, beers, or at the game.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X