Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen Four Minny edition -- who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four Minny edition -- who's going?

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Would the game DQ carry over to next year?

Never been to a FF but thinking of it this year, since I have more time and it's not a long drive. Be fun to have a beer with some folks here, for one thing. Tx for the first night hard to get 7 days prior?
    You can always get tickets with ease. Depending on who's playing, that's the $$$ part. Very volatile.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You can always get tickets with ease. Depending on who's playing, that's the $$$ part. Very volatile.
      Online best in this venue?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Cincy?
        Ya, that's Cincy. Nice park, though I haven't been there in 12-14 years probably.

Comment

The two times I've gone (Denver, Mpls) I've bought off the street or through friends (or people friends know). Never tried strangers online, so I couldn't answer that part of the equation.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

In 2015 when it was in Boston I got tix on StubHub. Sat next to some people from Wisconsin.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              In 2015 when it was in Boston I got tix on StubHub. Sat next to some people from Wisconsin.
              I'm sorry.

Comment

The two times I've gone (Denver, Mpls) I've bought off the street or through friends (or people friends know). Never tried strangers online, so I couldn't answer that part of the equation.
                The problem these days with buying off the street, is you have no idea if the tickets are still good.

The way these secondhand markets work, when the original owner's tickets get sold, they kill the bar code and print out a new bar coded ticket (or send a bar code to your smart phone) for the new owner. Which means, the original owner could still sell his (now worthless) paper tickets without anyone knowing the bar code won't read anymore since they have been voided.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  The problem these days with buying off the street, is you have no idea if the tickets are still good.

The way these secondhand markets work, when the original owner's tickets get sold, they kill the bar code and print out a new bar coded ticket (or send a bar code to your smart phone) for the new owner. Which means, the original owner could still sell his (now worthless) paper tickets without anyone knowing the bar code won't read anymore since they have been voided.
                  That is a good point.

Comment

Would the game DQ carry over to next year?

I don't want to cheap shot him.

Just want to see if he can actually play.

My guess is not at all. He's compensating.

Oh... who am I kidding?

I'd run him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Sh-t. That's a real problem. My solution would be to buy the ticket but hold the money and stand with the seller while my partner takes the first ticket in. If she gets in, they get the money. If not, we give them back their useless paper.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I always assume if we made it one of the factory schools didn't and there will be tons of tickets available.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I always assume if we made it one of the factory schools didn't and there will be tons of tickets available.
                          Just buy the **** tickets from the NCAA. I know you're good for it

Honestly, I wouldn't dream of going somewhere like the F4 without tickets in hand. The counterfeiters are getting to good at it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

In 2002 I got tickets from a BC fan posting here at face. He even FedExed the tickets before he had my check in hand God bless him. And our seats were behind the net the Gophers scored every goal over 2 games into except the Pohl-shot! Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Pretty much. And even WITH the factory schools, it depends on location of the F4.

Comment

Originally Posted by SonofSouthie
                                I'm sorry.
                                They were nice. It was a family(husband, wife, daughter)and the son couldn't go so it was his ticket I ended up buying. With BU losing and the way they lost it was worth the price($300 for the semi's and finals).
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X