Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen Four Minny edition -- who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four Minny edition -- who's going?

thecomicbookguy and I are planning out our trip to Minneapolis. Hoping to see old friends and new friends when we're out there. Who else is planning to go? Is there interest in the resurrection of the Poster's Game or is that a relic of the past?

Re: Frozen Four Minny edition -- who's going?

I have the days off of work, but no hotel this time around. Too much $$$$ and the convenience of staying by the arena doesn't balance it out, like 2011 did. I don't know if I'll go to the games, depends on street pricing of the tickets, but I do plan on hopefully meeting up with a lot of you.

Note: we cannot tailgate at the lot we had in 2011. In fact, there is only ONE lot that we MAY POSSIBLY be able to tailgate at, and it's tiny. I'm going to guess an attempt will be made, but cannot guarantee anything. It's right next to where the old lot was, just off of 7th, a few blocks from the X. If you see the flags in the air, then the tailgate is going on. I'm sure more will be known as the dates approach.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'll be around with my old man, we'll be wearing SLU gear most likely.

Comment

Planning to be there. This thread is a good reminder that I need to figure out hotel, transportation and have myself and the husband request time off.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

I'll be there with the Lynah Faithful.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I'll be there with the Lynah Faithful.
            What are those old Cornell alums from the Harkness-Dryden years like? Anything like the arseholery associated with the 1972 Dolphins?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              What are those old Cornell alums from the Harkness-Dryden years like? Anything like the arseholery associated with the 1972 Dolphins?
              Happily, I am not quite that old.

But the 110-5-1 alums (class of '70) that I know are great hockey people. They're at most of the games and they blend into the Universal Hockey Culture very well. They seem very happy -- you get the feeling they've been playing with house money for forty years, like Islanders fans.

We Young Turks in our fifties OTOH have a lean and hungry look. We haven't gotten ours yet.

Yet.
              Last edited by Kepler; 02-13-2018, 02:44 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Happily, I am not quite that old.

But the 110-5-1 alums (class of '70) that I know are great hockey people. They're at most of the games and they blend into the Universal Hockey Culture very well. They seem very happy -- you get the feeling they've been playing with house money for forty years, like Islanders fans.

We Young Turks in our fifties OTOH have a lean and hungry look. We haven't gotten ours yet.

Yet.
                Yon Cassius . . .

Edit: It's hard to imagine a run like that.
                Last edited by burd; 02-13-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Yon Cassius . . .

Edit: It's hard to imagine a run like that.
                  27-1-1
                  27-2
                  27-2
                  29-0
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    I'll be around with my old man, we'll be wearing SLU gear most likely.
                    Between us we'll have an OHL Alex Auld jersey, Pearl Jam themed Leaf's jersey, and we'll be a UNH jersey walking with a BU jersey.

wT - We're staying at the Best Western Como Park. It doesn't look to be too terrible to get to the arena and it was reasonable cost wise. Now we're looking for tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      Between us we'll have an OHL Alex Auld jersey, Pearl Jam themed Leaf's jersey, and we'll be a UNH jersey walking with a BU jersey.

wT - We're staying at the Best Western Como Park. It doesn't look to be too terrible to get to the arena and it was reasonable cost wise. Now we're looking for tickets.
                      Como Park is a decent neighborhood, by all accounts, located near the state fair grounds. The only drawback is that you'd have to drive to downtown St. Paul or spend a good 30-35 minutes on the LRT to get to the X. It's very conveniently located if you want to spend time in Minneapolis. So you got that going for you, which is nice.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Como Park is a decent neighborhood, by all accounts, located near the state fair grounds. The only drawback is that you'd have to drive to downtown St. Paul or spend a good 30-35 minutes on the LRT to get to the X. It's very conveniently located if you want to spend time in Minneapolis. So you got that going for you, which is nice.
                        We'll likely Uber over to St. Paul during the day and stay for the games and then Uber back. Last time, tcbg stayed out by the Mall of America. He didn't love it, so we're trying this spot.

Comment

Just sent you a Facebook message.

Comment

We'll likely Uber over to St. Paul during the day and stay for the games and then Uber back. Last time, tcbg stayed out by the Mall of America. He didn't love it, so we're trying this spot.
                            Yes, you should like this spot better. The MOA area is too remote for what most posters want to do in their time off. You're centrally located between the two downtown areas, and it's easy to get between them or anywhere else you might desire. Both cities have plenty to offer, but Minneapolis tends to be busier with more options outside of the hockey arena, unless you're able to make plans with other posters.

That said, I forget about Uber and Lyft as I've never had cause to use either.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'll be there! Could plan something, like a poster game if we would like. Really looking forward to it. Would love to have a tailgate but as Brent said it's no longer allowed at that current lot and you need to ask Tom Reid's bar for permission/let them know you'll be there. Not sure what my gopher tailgating friends are gonna with that.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X