Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

I thought it would be Denver vs. Clarkson and Providence vs. Penn State but wondered if they would flip Denver and Providence. I think Denver is the best team but they have a very tough game right off the bat against Penn State in Allentown. Really don't have any major issues with the bracket.

Comment

The conspiracy continues. Once again the committee made sure there will be no all-WCHA Frozen Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
        I've got Michigan, Mankato, Penn State, and Notre Dame at the Frozen Four.
        True there are a number of good seats still available. But I'd be surprised if all those kids go after being eliminated this weekend.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          The conspiracy continues. Once again the committee made sure there will be no all-WCHA Frozen Four.
          Not only the committee, but the teams themselves ensured such a result. The conspiracy is spreading!!!

North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Denver is repeating...everyone else playing for 2nd
            I think you are probably correct, although this year's Denver squad has had its moments of inconsistency...and have had a handful of games in the last 6 weeks or so where they really struggled to score goals. If I had to bet on a team to win it all this year, it would be Denver, but I wouldn't feel confident about it.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Given the accessibility to the YATC tool and everyone on social media last, it seems like there is no need for a My School Got Screwed! thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Actually the largest crowd will be the ND band. Picked up seats for the weekend for $40 each, two rows behind the net.
                You forgot the Clarkson band which subdivided this weekend with one group in Lake Placid and the other in St. Paul. They'll be there in force.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  You forgot the Clarkson band which subdivided this weekend with one group in Lake Placid and the other in St. Paul. They'll be there in force.
                  Great work by both teams this year, hopefully the men show some early season form.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    The season lasts longer than one weekend. Over the course of the last six months their body of work was more desevring than Minnesota or North Dakota.
                    That is true, but only based on their luck of having four out of four games go their way involving teams they needed help from. If even one of those four games had gone the other way they would have been on the outside looking in. That is how razor-thin the margin was between the Bulldogs and Gophers, with North Dakota not far behind.
                    National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                    National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                      That is true, but only based on their luck of having four out of four games go their way involving teams they needed help from. If even one of those four games had gone the other way they would have been on the outside looking in. That is how razor-thin the margin was between the Bulldogs and Gophers, with North Dakota not far behind.
                      Of course, the funny thing is it was the third-place game that set up that scenario in the first place. With that loss, Duluth is an 8 or 9 seed.
                      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Anybody know where Denver would have finished if SCAU had won last night? I just ask bc if they could have ended up in Sioux Falls I am glad that didn't happen even if it came at the price of conference hardware.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I was just reading the NCAA guidebook about the tourney, the first 25 band members get free admission the rest have to pay.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                            I’d actually feel bad if UMD beat out a team for the tournament who they could not beat, like Denver. Going in it was pretty well known UND had to win the NCHC to get in. If not for a third place game, UND hasn’t beat UMD for years. When was the last time Gophers beat UMD—2012? If not for the third place game it seems pretty crazy that UMD should be expected to get dropped below MN in PWR from a loss to Denver when MN couldn’t even win their last few games. UMD won their last 4 games in convincing fashion, MN lost theirs. Added to UMD winning the one game in head to head play early in season. Go start the my team got screwed thread, the one thing we have in NCAA hockey is pairwise rankings and I’m glad for that. Can’t knock Alabama football but seemed unfair that they got in the 4 team tournament with an extra week of rest because they didn’t make their championship. Tainted title IMO
                            Last edited by UMD21; 03-19-2018, 10:01 AM.
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Anybody know where Denver would have finished if SCAU had won last night? I just ask bc if they could have ended up in Sioux Falls I am glad that didn't happen even if it came at the price of conference hardware.
                              Denver was locked into that 5 spot.

Comment

I haven't read thru the thread so excuse me if I'm repeating. Help me out here: Why put Clarkson in the East Regional vs. Providence? These are two eastern schools. It seems to me it might make sense to switch Clarkson into the West Regional vs. Minnesota State to mix up things geographically. If this is truly a "national championship" tournament, why should eastern meet eastern and western meet western? Likewise with the Northeast Regional: why have three eastern teams with Michigan being the only mid-west team? Doen't make sense to me. Maybe switch BU into the West vs. St. Cloud State? Every year it seems that the "committee" makes the same weird bracket. When will they approach this as a truly National Championship tournament?
                                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X