Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Sioux Falls: SCSU v USAFA -- Mich v Northeastern
    Allentown: tOSU v Princeton -- DU v PSU (host)
    Bridgeport: ND v MTU -- Providence v CCT
    Worcester: Cornell v BU -- MSU-M v UMD
    I don't like those brackets because
    You're rewarding OSU and penalizing ND
    Having two Minnesota schools play in Worcester
    Sending Northeastern to Sioux Falls.

But those brackets might be the brackets chosen by the committee.

After all, a flight is a flight (no matter what my travel agent says) and both ND and OSU have to fly; and bracket integrity dictates the other switches. We'll see in a little over 12 hours.

Comment

Allentown:

1. Notre Dame
      2. Providence
      3. Penn State
      4. Michigan Tech

Sioux Falls:

1. St. Cloud State
      2. Michigan
      3. Minnesota-Duluth
      4. Air Force

Bridgeport:

1. Ohio State
      2. Denver
      3. Clarkson
      4. Princeton

Worcester:

1. Cornell
      2. Minnesota State
      3. Northeastern
      4. Boston University

Bracket integrity is intact for the QF round. Only question I have is if they will mess with that and make a switch like Providence for Denver.

Comment

Sioux Falls
        St. Cloud / Air Force
        Michigan / Northeastern

Allentown
        Notre Dame / Michigan Tech
        Denver / Penn State

Worcester
        Cornell / BU
        Minnesota St. / UMD

Bridgeport
        Ohio St / Princeton
        Providence / Clarkson

Comment

I just can't see them doing Duluth vs Mankato in Worcester when they have other options

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I just can't see them doing Duluth vs Mankato in Worcester when they have other options
            I suppose they could flip the Michigan / Northeastern and Minnesota State / UMD games in the bracket I did.

Both brackets would be regionally very heavy and help any attendance concerns.
            Last edited by scoreboard; 03-17-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
              SCSU and Denver are among the top 6 to 8 teams, but to call them the two best is pretty bold. I think that Notre Dame, Cornell, Ohio State, Minnesota State, Clarkson, Providence, Michigan, and Northeastern are all right up there with Denver and SCSU.
              You are the clown that started the big ten greater than NCHC thread. St cloud or Denver will win it
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Duluth is only about as good as Minnesota or North Dakota this year. They've had their moments here and there but they've been very inconsistent. They might win a game, but out of the entire field of 16 I see them as one of the least capable teams of winning a national championship. We'll find out a week from now.
                This is insane
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  You are the clown that started the big ten greater than NCHC thread. St cloud or Denver will win it
                  The Big Ten is clearly superior to the NCHC this year. Four out of seven teams are in the tournament vs. three out of eight. GTFO with your absurd opinion of the NCHC being better. I'll concede that they were last year, but not anymore.
                  National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                  National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    You're rewarding OSU and penalizing ND
                    In return for the shorter trip, OSU is looking at potentially playing a virtual road game against PSU, though it would require an upset by seeding (and in past years, the cmte was more willing to ignore undesirable matchups if they required an upset).

Having two Minnesota schools play in Worcester
                    More than made up for by having Cornell vs. BU there.
                    Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      This is insane
                      If that was so insane then please tell me whey those three schools are so close to each other in the PWR. No matter how much it angers you, the fact of the matter is that I'm not wrong. Duluth is basically the same caliber team as North Dakota and Minnesota.
                      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

The Big Ten is clearly superior to the NCHC this year. Four out of seven teams are in the tournament vs. three out of eight. GTFO with your absurd opinion of the NCHC being better. I'll concede that they were last year, but not anymore.
                        Find out next week. I feel good about it

Comment

If that was so insane then please tell me whey those three schools are so close to each other in the PWR. No matter how much it angers you, the fact of the matter is that I'm not wrong. Duluth is basically the same caliber team as North Dakota and Minnesota.
                          Duluth team was super young and they finish the season hotter than any other team in college hockey so we'll see if they're on the level of Minnesota or North Dakota oh wait they actually made the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                            It's not an attendance thing, it's the idea of two teams from Minnesota flying across the country to play each other in Massachusetts. It doesn't feel right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                              But you can do even better by getting NU there without sacrificing QF bracket integrity. And in turn you have a 2nd team from Minnesota in Sioux Falls. I could be wrong but I always thought committee was more concerned with QF integrity rather than overall 1-16 integrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                It's not an attendance thing, it's the idea of two teams from Minnesota flying across the country to play each other in Massachusetts. It doesn't feel right.
                                Maine and New Hampshire played for the National Championship in Anaheim, California .... Talk about not feeling right.

Comment

Working...
                                X