Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Canada's Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by dennismaruk77 View Post
    A one game victory would not normally signal a significant overhaul is needed, but unfortunately for Canada this was way more significant than a one game loss.

The US has been the dominate team going on 8 years now, but just never has enjoyed the puck luck to capture the ultimate prize. Canada always gives it 100% and has been gifted with unbelievable goal tending that has masked their deficiencies. The US is simply more talented ...... and Canada has some catching up to do.

I realise it is easy to cry for wholesale changes but I believe that is what is needed. Mel Davidson and Hockey Canada simply put way way too much pressure on their players with their extensive centralisation and player control. It is over-coaching at its finest. And player selection is extremely questionable..... I can think of at least 6 players that would have been much better selections..... more talent, speed, size and a history of winning big games.

Alas though my pleas will inevitably fall on deaf ears, and the status quo will prevail, and I fear with even greater entrenchment.

Although I think this game was much closer than others have been, I agree with you that there have to be changes. Just the fact that the Canadian team brought 9 rookies to the Olympics is already a positive signal in and of itself.

I think the veneer of "we win when it counts" has finally cracked. I honestly believe there isn't much light between the 2 programs and talent pools, hopefully this loss causes Hockey Canada to re-examine what they are doing and how they're doing it.

Comment

• this team just collapsed in the third period. 6 minutes left, 1 goal lead, total collapse.
      very disappointed in Jenner, Spooner and Wakefield. Lamoureuxs showed great leadership. this team cannot just rely on agosta, szabados, and johnston to do everything.

Lacasse looked angry. Very understandable.

the team canada women's GM should be under review. it is no longer acceptable to hand her the job as long as she wins the Olympic final. These past 4 years have been disastrous and the u18s are heading in this direction! but team canada women GM keeps mouthing off to the press about how great it is that canada loses.

why schuler put agosta in the shootout and not poulin is another mystery. But whatever. entire team collapsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
        this team just collapsed in the third period. 6 minutes left, 1 goal lead, total collapse.
        very disappointed in Jenner, Spooner and Wakefield. Lamoureuxs showed great leadership. this team cannot just rely on agosta, szabados, and johnston to do everything.

Lacasse looked angry. Very understandable.

the team canada women's GM should be under review. it is no longer acceptable to hand her the job as long as she wins the Olympic final. These past 4 years have been disastrous and the u18s are heading in this direction! but team canada women GM keeps mouthing off to the press about how great it is that canada loses.

why schuler put agosta in the shootout and not poulin is another mystery. But whatever. entire team collapsed.
        I guess you're going to just keep posting the same old thing over and over until one of us bites, so here I go. First of all, you're an idiot. Second of all, you're a moron, but most importantly, you're still an idiot. Maybe I'll just keep posting that over and over again.

To those of us that have a more objective eye for the game, and no obvious agenda against anyone at Hockey Canada or USA Hockey, the turning point was clearly the mistake made on the two-on-one for Canada. As I said in my post-game remarks, she missed that hero shot high and wide and the puck rimmed around the corner giving the US a clear and easy breakout which quickly led to the stretch pass which resulted in the breakaway and the tying goal. That moment changed the direction of the momentum for sure but to call it a total Canadian team collapse is absolute ignorance on your part, not that that really surprises any of us that have read your drivel.

You have a grudge against the Canadian GM, we get it. I guess your daughter didn't make the team or something. Whatever. Nobody cares. Now go get a real life and try to stop being.....you guessed it.....an idiot!
        Last edited by shelfit; 02-22-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          I guess you're going to just keep posting the same old thing over and over until one of us bites, so here I go. First of all, you're an idiot. Second of all, you're a moron, but most importantly, you're still an idiot. Maybe I'll just keep posting that over and over again.

To those of us that have a more objective eye for the game, and no obvious agenda against anyone at Hockey Canada or USA Hockey, the turning point was clearly the mistake made on the two-on-one for Canada. As I said in my post-game remarks, she missed that hero shot high and wide and the puck rimmed around the corner giving the US a clear and easy breakout which quickly led to the stretch pass which resulted in the breakaway and the tying goal. That moment changed the direction of the momentum for sure but to call it a total Canadian team collapse is absolute ignorance on your part, not that that really surprises any of us that have read your drivel.

You have a grudge against the Canadian GM, we get it. I guess your daughter didn't make the team or something. Whatever. Nobody cares. Now go get a real life and try to stop being.....you guessed it.....an idiot!
          Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
            Are you talking about the sixth shot? Agosta did do a great job with her first shot, so why not go with the hot hand?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Are you talking about the sixth shot? Agosta did do a great job with her first shot, so why not go with the hot hand?
              But Russell, that makes too much hockey sense for an idiot like Chaffron to understand, a guy that is so clearly holding a grudge for personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                But Russell, that makes too much hockey sense for an idiot like Chaffron to understand, a guy that is so clearly holding a grudge for personal reasons.
                Or a crazy passionate hockey fan from Canada. Canada has not won at u18 level in 5 years with just a bronze this year. U22 is just as bad as it was only a 5th place finish this year. US has won 5 straight World Championships over Canada. Might just be getting a bit embarrassing/frustrating finishing second (in Canada thats last) in hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                  Or a crazy passionate hockey fan from Canada. Canada has not won at u18 level in 5 years with just a bronze this year. U22 is just as bad as it was only a 5th place finish this year. US has won 5 straight World Championships over Canada. Might just be getting a bit embarrassing/frustrating finishing second (in Canada thats last) in hockey.
                  And don't forget, we beat them twice in men's curling, too. I'm not sure whether that will produce an inquiry in a parliamentary committee, or whether they'll go straight to a vote of no confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

I do not know why you keep blaming Laura Stacey. I did not know that it was her fault that her defender(s) had their backs to the play as did the coach for not having the vision to keep at least one player back. who knew she had to have telekinetic powers to her teammates or having eyes on the back of her head. But this is the kind of horrible line change happened in the last preliminary game, which happened only days ago(!) and they got lucky that Lacasse stopped Knight on her breakaway. They had several horrible line changes that led to almost goals. Did not learn from that.

team canada women's GM is great at instilling fear and intimidation that translates to wins. For that, i think that her being behind the bench again would be a good thing. But maybe not. If leadership at the top doesn't change the coach won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      in a post game interview, Agosta said she was trying to do the same shot as her first one. But Rooney read it all the way.

Comment

Laura Stacey did not lose this game for team canada. total team collapse (including coach). Many people can be blamed. But they played so tight in the later part of the 3rd period, and OT was worse. Schuler shortened the bench for the entire 20 mins and the team looked completely dead out there. Could not make any plays. I counted maybe, 3 plays before the PP where they had some semblance of scoring chances.

Certain players for this team just did not step up this tournament.

and for those with an "objective" eye for this game, and many past games of this team canada program, can see that winning nothing this past quadrennial and losing every tournament to USA points to the many deficiencies in the program that go beyond just 'puck luck' in the final game. so stupid.

Comment

• I wonder how many dead horses Chaffron has lined up in his stable to keep beating?! Mental case at best. Psychopath at worst. Thin line in between. Who is this GM he has a personal vendetta with, can anyone tell me? Sounds like there's some ugly history between them.
                          Last edited by shelfit; 02-23-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
                            Laura Stacey did not lose this game for team canada. total team collapse (including coach). Many people can be blamed. But they played so tight in the later part of the 3rd period, and OT was worse. Schuler shortened the bench for the entire 20 mins and the team looked completely dead out there. Could not make any plays. I counted maybe, 3 plays before the PP where they had some semblance of scoring chances.

Certain players for this team just did not step up this tournament.

and for those with an "objective" eye for this game, and many past games of this team canada program, can see that winning nothing this past quadrennial and losing every tournament to USA points to the many deficiencies in the program that go beyond just 'puck luck' in the final game. so stupid.
                            You have an answer for everything. Throw your hat in the ring. Canada will be proud once again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              You have an answer for everything. Throw your hat in the ring. Canada will be proud once again!
                              I think he just likes throwing around the word quadrennial.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
                                in a post game interview, Agosta said she was trying to do the same shot as her first one. But Rooney read it all the way.
                                Under that logic, Poulin should not have been picked either.

Did the coach know Agosta was going to do the exact same thing? Or was the coaching hoping she would pull a TJ Oshie?

She was a hot hand. Personally, I was worried sick when she came up to shoot.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X