Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Canada's Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    I think he just likes throwing around the word quadrennial.
    It is a cool word...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      It is a cool word...
      Indeed it is. And to think that my vocabulary is rife with words like idiot and moron. Here's the real funny part; I made my beating a dead horse comment and then looked up the meaning of the word chaffron only to find that it is the armor you place on a horse's face to protect it in battle!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        Indeed it is. And to think that my vocabulary is rife with words like idiot and moron. Here's the real funny part; I made my beating a dead horse comment and then looked up the meaning of the word chaffron only to find that it is the armor you place on a horse's face to protect it in battle!
        And to hide the identity of the horse.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
          And to hide the identity of the horse.
          Too funny! It would really have been something if it had been to protect the horse's *ss.

Comment

lmao
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              My all time favorite word is "flabbergasted."
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                My all time favorite word is "flabbergasted."
                Apoplectic
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Under that logic, Poulin should not have been picked either.

Did the coach know Agosta was going to do the exact same thing? Or was the coaching hoping she would pull a TJ Oshie?

She was a hot hand. Personally, I was worried sick when she came up to shoot.
                  When Lamoureux scored in the shootout I knew it was over before Agosta even took her position. Just could not imagine her scoring twice. IMO needed somebody clutch and was surprised Poulin was not out there (who had something to prove after failing her first shot attempt). But whatever. Team loss. Not Agosta’s fault or Laura stacey’s. I will not use the term ‘team collapse’ because it will offend the pearl-clutchers, so will just say, team loss.

Back to the topic of this thread, kudos to Meaghan Mikkelson for her final Olympic Games. Took year off after Sochi. Had baby. Returned to training. Earned spot on centralization roster. Played past her “best before” date on many occasions last season. But in both games against USA, played well. Aside from haley Irwin, probably the most hated by team USA. Plays hard and a real leader on the team. She will be missed.

Most sad for haley Irwin. She was devastated, absolutely devastated in the medal presentation. She is probably most hated by team usa and will be hard to replace. Great leader and player. Farewell to both of these players.

Comment

Canada should be shamed for taking their silver medals off right away. It was a slap in the face to what the Olympic games are about and if you can't compete in the spirit of the history and honor the significance of these games just stay home. It was an unprecedented display of ego. I'm not saying this because I'm an American but because this is what the entire world witnessed!
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-23-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Canada should be shamed for taking their silver medals off right away. It was a slap in the face to what the Olympic games are about and if you can't compete in the spirit of the history and honor the significance of these games just stay home. It was an unprecedented display of ego. I'm not saying this because I'm an American but because this is what the entire world witnessed!
                      I made mention of this after the game with respect to J-Rock's doing it...she's the only one that I noticed who did it.

Were there others? If so, who?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Meh. You're talking about people whose last four years of their lives are judged a success or a failure based upon the outcome of a single hockey game. After people like Chaffron have piled on and said that they are complete failures, I think we should be a bit understanding when they consider a silver medal to be a representation of that failure rather than an honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                          Meh. You're talking about people whose last four years of their lives are judged a success or a failure based upon the outcome of a single hockey game. After people like Chaffron have piled on and said that they are complete failures, I think we should be a bit understanding when they consider a silver medal to be a representation of that failure rather than an honor.
                          Look at Olympic news coverage from countries around the world. The consensus was universal that Canada gave themselves a black eye internationally for their disrespectful attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            Look at Olympic news coverage from countries around the world. The consensus was universal that Canada gave themselves a black eye internationally for their disrespectful attitude.
                            Ridiculous coverage then. Regrettable sure, and everyone is looking for stories to write so they’ll write them, but this is not that big a deal. I saw a bunch of tweets about Larocque and thought oh my what did she do? Trash a hotel room? Verbally go off? Get drunk and embarrass herself on social media? Looked into it and it’s still people going on about her ... taking a medal off. Ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                              Ridiculous coverage then. Regrettable sure, and everyone is looking for stories to write so they’ll write them, but this is not that big a deal. I saw a bunch of tweets about Larocque and thought oh my what did she do? Trash a hotel room? Verbally go off? Get drunk and embarrass herself on social media? Looked into it and it’s still people going on about her ... taking a medal off. Ok.
                              It was one player who was upset after four years of building up to this moment. She didn’t throw it she didn’t disrespect anyone. She simply took the medal off her neck after allowing the ceremonial putting of the medal by the IOC officials.
                              I’m Canadian and I have no issue with that. I would much rather see a player who is emotional and upset after losing than a player with a big smile saying : oh well we gave it our best. No one can accuse any of these players (on either team) or not giving it everything they had.

To use an expression from the news: this is a nothing burger.

Comment

It was tacky. If a US player did same, Canadians would be all over her.

Comment

Working...
                                X