Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pyeongchang Spoilers: Tomorrow's Competitions, TODAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pyeongchang Spoilers: Tomorrow's Competitions, TODAY!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    NBC ****ing sucks. This is about the 5th time I've tried to tune into the Olympics, and ice dancing is on both NBC and NBCSN. IT ISN'T THAT DIFFICULT, NBC, YOU ****ING IDIOTS.
    Anything for ratings. It's what the 18-49 women want.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Anything for ratings. It's what the 18-49 women want.
      This.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I don't think there is a single night it hasn't been on NBC.
        For one thing, it's awesome.

For another, all the good sports are done. What do you want, wall to wall biathlon?

The Olympics has: hockey, alpine, speed skating, and figure skating. The rest is crap. They tried adding sports but only wound up with fake stoner stuff which have already blown their mission statement because the US stopped winning medals the minute other countries took them up.

Bring back poetry readings and sculpture.

Or bear baiting.
        Last edited by Kepler; 02-23-2018, 10:17 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Deutschland Deutschland uber Alles

4-3 F
          This will be the first time an American not named Lindbergh roots for Germany against Russia.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Deadspin article on the Canadian loss begins with a legitimately funny line.

Doesn’t some language have a word for feeling joy at others’ failure?
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

For another, all the good sports are done. What do you want, wall to wall biathlon?
              I'd rather watch biathlon, TBH. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I'd rather watch biathlon, TBH. To each their own.
                The women's biathlon team sprint where the two American women took the gold was awesome. That was a great race at the end. Those cross country skiers are the fittest athletes at the Olympics.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  It ****es me off, but it is the level of incompetence that NBC shows that ****es me off. Each time I turn on the Olympics, and it is is ice dancing, I just watch something else for the night, and forget the Olympics. Too much good stuff on TV to waste time with ice dancing.
                  Actually it’s only been on one channel at a time. NBCSN would do 8-10pm and then coverage would switch to NBC from 10-midnight. There may have been a little overlap around 10pm.

Comment

Or bear baiting.
                    In
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This will be the first time an American not named Lindbergh roots for Germany against Russia.
                      Gotta be weird for the Trumps, going from being one of the few people on the Germany side last time to one of the few people on the Russia side this time.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Actually it’s only been on one channel at a time. NBCSN would do 8-10pm and then coverage would switch to NBC from 10-midnight. There may have been a little overlap around 10pm.
                        Not on my TV. For several nights it has been on both, at the same time. And it wasn't at 10pm, it was earlier in the night. I have no idea what the plan for NBC was, but I do know what they have shown on my TV, and that is on both channels at the same, multiple times. I'm not just making it up.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The Olympics has: hockey, alpine, speed skating, and figure skating. The rest is crap. They tried adding sports but only wound up with fake stoner stuff which have already blown their mission statement because the US stopped winning medals the minute other countries took them up.

Bring back poetry readings and sculpture.

Or bear baiting.
                          I'll list the winter olympic sports better than ice dancing:

Alpine Skiing
                          Nordic Skiing
                          Biathalon
                          Speed Skating
                          Short Track
                          Curling
                          Hockey
                          Bobsled and Skeleton
                          Luge
                          Freestyle Skiing
                          Snowboarding
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'll list the winter olympic sports better than ice dancing:

Alpine Skiing
                            Nordic Skiing
                            Biathalon
                            Speed Skating
                            Short Track
                            Curling
                            Hockey
                            Bobsled and Skeleton
                            Luge
                            Freestyle Skiing
                            Snowboarding
                            It's easier than that. All you had to do was list "All of Them", and you'd be done.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              You know Chuck shot down at least one Japanese plane in a P-38 as a Lockheed Tech Rep, don't you?

His improvements extended the P-38's range which enabled us to shoot down Yamamoto.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                You know Chuck shot down at least one Japanese plane in a P-38 as a Lockheed Tech Rep, don't you?

His improvements extended the P-38's range which enabled us to shoot down Yamamoto.
                                Well yeah. Those yellows were a racial threat.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X