Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pyeongchang Spoilers: Tomorrow's Competitions, TODAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Caught part of the CAN/Czech game via the streaming app and then caught the last of it on TV. Are the streaming announcers different?

And is streaming the only way to get rid of the Golden Sombrero trio of Alberta, Milbury, and McGuire?
    I stream on the NBCSN app on Roku and get them for all Team USA games. I haven't seen a feed that lacks their dazzling insight.

Comment

• Re: Pyeongchang Spoilers: Tomorrow's Competitions, TODAY!

Pretty good chance we end up with Slovakia, but it depends on if Switzerland can win or get to OT against Czechia (when is that gonna catch on?).
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Caught part of the CAN/Czech game via the streaming app and then caught the last of it on TV. Are the streaming announcers different?

And is streaming the only way to get rid of the Golden Sombrero trio of Alberta, Milbury, and McGuire?
        Yes, but only for games not involving USA

Comment

Clearly, the US men are not winning a medal. That was brutal to watch.

Sadly, with the NHL players, the US probably wins that one 5-0. Thanks owners.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

What the hell was the NHL thinking? Those guys need to participate. Who's call was that to refrain from taking a break to allow for the Olympics?

Also, call me crazy but I would take the best 26 NCAA players any day of the week over the USA roster. Granato and Chelios have a not much to work with.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              What the hell was the NHL thinking? Those guys need to participate. Who's call was that to refrain from taking a break to allow for the Olympics?

Also, call me crazy but I would take the best 26 NCAA players any day of the week over the USA roster. Granato and Chelios have a not much to work with.
              Aren't these guys minor leaguers tho? Surely there's enough talent at that level to put together a decent team. Or was the NHL not letting anyone under their contracts to participate?
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Aren't these guys minor leaguers tho? Surely there's enough talent at that level to put together a decent team. Or was the NHL not letting anyone under their contracts to participate?
                No, they are has beens and never wases (sure, that's word).

Should have gone all college players.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Should have gone all college players.
                  Yes.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Yes.
                    I think it was a political game for USA hockey. They probably didn’t want to pull out 23 college kids from all their rosters for 2-3 weeks. I’m sure the schools would have loved that in the stretch playoff run.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      I think it was a political game for USA hockey. They probably didn’t want to pull out 23 college kids from all their rosters for 2-3 weeks. I’m sure the schools would have loved that in the stretch playoff run.
                      They used to pull them out for the entire season or post 1st semester. Centralization would have helped, but in this day and age, it would have been almost impossible to get the schools, players, and advisors to agree.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• USA will play Germany in qualification round.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          USA will play Germany in qualification round.
                          We've got Slovakia again. Germany plays Switzerland.

OAR is gonna luck out with either Slovenia or Norway in the quarters.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            USA will play Germany in qualification round.
                            It's the 2010 Atlanta Thrashers versus the 2004 San Jose Sharks.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              We've got Slovakia again. Germany plays Switzerland.

OAR is gonna luck out with either Slovenia or Norway in the quarters.
                              NBC was incorrect I guess with their initial bracket...
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Bad look for Granato.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...042808498.html
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X