Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pyeongchang Spoilers: Tomorrow's Competitions, TODAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pyeongchang Spoilers: Tomorrow's Competitions, TODAY!

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Swiss skip Benoit Schwarz with the shot of the tournament to lie 5 on the brits in the 9th end. Up 9-5 going into the 10th.
    Serves them right for laying down for Uncle Sam.

Interesting history of 8-enders.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-22-2018, 08:07 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      F-ck the US,though at least they deserved to be in it. And it is probably not healthy to allow too long a monopoly, even though the alternative here is a duopoly.

In 2022, go Norway. They're cuter, and 3 or 4 of them may even be straight.

What in the F?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        What in the F?

Apparently Kepler wants USA hockey and USA curling to lose? Maybe he's a closet Canadian?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

This team has changed quite a bit. We'll see how much soon. The round robin match against Sweden was not pretty.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Apparently Kepler wants USA hockey and USA curling to lose? Maybe he's a closet Canadian?

Or there's a joke in there that I'm missing the context of.

Or maybe he just prefers cute hockey teams comprised solely of players that are into men.

Comment

Well done Shuster, well done.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Kepler doesn't care who wins curling. The US is just as acceptable as Iceland or Wakanda or whoever.

Kepler wants Cornellians to win gold medals. The Canadian women's hockey team had five Cornellians. The Canadian men's hockey team has one although I doubt he's going to see another minute of playing time.

I'm OK rooting for American athletes as long as NBC is on mute and they aren't competing against Norway, Czechia, Slovakia, or Italy, by Rule 3*.

1) Life is not fair.

2) No one is exempt from death.

*3) Physics is King and Biology is Queen.

4) The universe does not care.

5) The only constant in life is change.

6) There is always a choice.

7) Wishing never makes it so.

8) A person can't exceed their limits.

9) A person is responsible for their own happiness.

10) It is impossible to change the character of another.
                Last edited by Kepler; 02-22-2018, 09:39 AM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The US has defeated Canada in hockey and curling on the same day.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Kepler doesn't care who wins curling. The US is just as acceptable as Iceland or Wakanda or whoever.

Kepler wants Cornellians to win gold medals. The Canadian women's hockey team had five Cornellians. The Canadian men's hockey team has one although I doubt he's going to see another minute of playing time.

I'm OK rooting for American athletes as long as NBC is on mute and they aren't competing against Norway, Czechia, Slovakia, or Italy, by Rule 3*.

1) Life is not fair.

3) Physics is King and Biology is Queen.

tl;dr Kep is an Ivy League doosh who wants to ogle beautiful women.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

1) Life is not fair.

*3) Physics is King and Biology is Queen.

I'd like to take you with me for a swim in the Plaid Sea at the Corner Pub in my patriotic, white-picket-fence, farming town some evening, preferably one when the Packers are playing.

Comment

Yeah... I would never place alumni over country.

It seems... treasonous.

I know people follow athletes from their college of fandom post departure, but I've never really cared.

I wish em the best, but unless they're on my team, I don't pull for them simply coz they went to Wisconsin.

And I certainly don't root for the hottest women's teams.

There are probably better places to look for beautiful women than on hockey teams.

EDIT: Like Burd's town of residence.

Comment

There are probably better places to look for beautiful women than on hockey teams.
                          Doesn't sound like Cornell was that place though.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yeah... I would never place alumni over country.

It seems... treasonous.

I know people follow athletes from their college of fandom post departure, but I've never really cared.

I wish em the best, but unless they're on my team, I don't pull for them simply coz they went to Wisconsin.

And I certainly don't root for the hottest women's teams.

EDIT: Like Burd's town of residence.
                            Agreed. That is some really idiotic logic.

I root for the US first, and if the US can't win, I cheer for Sweden and Norway, since that is my ancestry. Always cheer against Russia, China and Canada. Pretty indifferent about the rest.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              As a rule*, Cornell is not the place to look for beautiful women. Pretty girls don't have to study hard -- people will give them stuff anyway, and there's always USC if they want paper.

* This is of course a general statement and does not include any Cornell women you or I know, all of who are of course spectacularly lovely as well as brave and powerful. Brilliant is a given.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 02-22-2018, 10:15 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Maybe at Cornell, the women's hockey team was as good as it got? But they were probably lesbians anyway, right Kep?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X