This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Awful rebound control by the UNH goalie and D but nice to see Mitch show some tenacity and stick with the play. Two points they needed, the way this is going all 3 first round games are gonna end up in OT....

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Watch work by Tralmaks. Unbelievable freshman. He won that game for Maine tonight.
      Set it up pretty from below the goal line.

Comment

Well that is what Dick wanted, one last kiss on valentines day.

As Maine fans we should all collectively say muuuuuaaaahhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          You're overestimating your opponents a wee bit, I think. But thanks anyway ...
          From Orono, with Love!

Comment

Well that is what Dick wanted, one last kiss on valentines day.

As Maine fans we should all collectively say muuuuuaaaahhhhh!
            It's sad to see his last game against Maine be in a half full rink on a Wednesday night. Hopefully this year was just a one off and next year all the games are on weekend nights.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine officially can't do worse than eighth now.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                It's sad to see his last game against Maine be in a half full rink on a Wednesday night. Hopefully this year was just a one off and next year all the games are on weekend nights.
                No they can come to Orono I think.... is it a possibility.

Comment

Very, very, fun game to watch on a great ESPN-3 feed.

The D-play was horrible at times, but the only reason Maine didn't win this in regulation was Tirone. He was astounding at fending-off some furious Maine flurries in the 2nd.

God, if this team was coached-up better (yes, as in D-spacing, Black I) who knows where they might be. At least in 4th lol!

All BS aside, very good effort tonight.

Comment

First rally for a win when trailing after two periods this season. They were 0-9.

Comment

Watch work by Tralmaks. Unbelievable freshman. He won that game for Maine tonight.
                      BI, he is definitely not "unbelievable". He has talent, but makes a lot of mental mistakes. This team needs better coaching, period. That's the problem with this iteration of Red's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Very, very, fun game to watch on a great ESPN-3 feed.

The D-play was horrible at times, but the only reason Maine didn't win this in regulation was Tirone. He was astounding at fending-off some furious Maine flurries in the 2nd.

God, if this team was coached-up better (yes, as in D-spacing, Black I) who knows where they might be. At least in 4th lol!

All BS aside, very good effort tonight.
                        Get out of here. The most mystifying thing about the Maine/UNH series the last four years has been your fan bases' reverence towards the worst UNH goalie since the Trent Cavcichi/Mike Heinke rotation in 1995. He's awful and - I crunched the numbers today - sporting about a 3.00 GAA in his career against Maine. It would be 6.00 if you guys ever finished pucks. He left rebounds all over the ice tonight (when he wasn't crouched down as small as can be so shots from the point could find gaping swaths of net) as you guys peppered the N on his jersey. It was about time someone beat him on one...

Tirone's "dominance" against Maine the last nine games was summed up perfectly on one first period scramble. Tirone flails to his right to make a save, leaves a rebound in the slot and is out of the play completely. Maine player A whiffs on the puck in front of an empty net. Maine player B fans on a shot and sends it wide. Maine player C comes from behind the net and is stuffed by a diving defenseman. Everyone bows to Tirone...

Maines problems with UNH have been goals against - that's 47 now in the last 11 meetings I believe. It's not Tirone, I'm tired of that myth...
                        Last edited by Dan; 02-14-2018, 09:07 PM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Kudos to Tralmaks. Actually if I was coach I'd put a C on his jersey. Kid skates like Trattnig and has hand like Pellerin. Maybe better.

This is only fault I have of Maine bench... they develop well now, have an eye for talent, but we need bench coaching big time. We could actually make noise this year. But we need coaching those God **** gaps on d.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Get out of here. The most mystifying thing about the Maine/UNH series the last four years has been your fan bases' reverence towards the worst UNH goalie since the Trent Cavcichi/Mike Heinke rotation in 1995. He's awful and - I crunched the numbers today - sporting about a 3.00 GAA in his career against Maine. It would be 6.00 if you guys ever finished pucks. He left rebounds all over the ice tonight (when he wasn't crouched down as small as can be so shots from the point could find gaping swaths of net) as you guys peppered the N on his jersey. It was about time someone beat him on one...

Tirone's "dominance" against Maine the last nine games was summed up perfectly on one first period scramble. Tirone flails to his right to make a save, leaves a rebound in the slot and is out of the play completely. Maine player A whiffs on the puck in front of an empty net. Maine player B fans on a shot and sends it wide. Maine player C comes from behind the net and is stuffed by a diving defenseman. Everyone bows to Tirone...

Maines problems with UNH have been goals against - that's 47 now in the last 11 meetings I believe. It's not Tirone, I'm tired of that myth...
                            It is in Maine's head. They missed the net more on UNH than any team. Finally the boys drove net late.

Now having said this I know sucks for you. But we haven't beat you guys in a while... or many. Let us have our glory! And let's play again this year or next. And let's both pull up bootstrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              BI, he is definitely not "unbelievable". He has talent, but makes a lot of mental mistakes. This team needs better coaching, period. That's the problem with this iteration of Red's.
                              This win may have saved Reds job. Lose this game and it could well have been over come the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                It is in Maine's head. They missed the net more on UNH than any team. Finally the boys drove net late.

Now having said this I know sucks for you. But we haven't beat you guys in a while... or many. Let us have our glory! And let's play again this year or next. And let's both pull up bootstrap.
                                You guys are better - with better young pieces. The nine game stretch was a fluke. UNH is bad and held back by its lame duck coach who has done nothing in three years to plan for a future he won't be a part of and the diminutive netminder who has never been held accountable in actually competing for PT. It's a miserable time to be a fan...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X