This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Creech is good to adequete, cleaned up a lot of messes, seems to have stablized the baseball transition and handled womens basketball really well.

Too bad Cosgroves gone, couldve taken over

Creech isnt “special” hes replaceable but we’ve seen a hell of a lot worse and if we get another Blake James type we’re in deep

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I'm left wondering what Red's status is. Did Kreech already give him an extension and they haven't announced it, or did he leave that to be decided upon by an interim AD? With a new replacement president being sought right now there is no way we're going to be in a position to hire a permanent AD for a long time.

As I said, the timing of this is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        I'm left wondering what Red's status is. Did Kreech already give him an extension and they haven't announced it, or did he leave that to be decided upon by an interim AD?..........
        I doubt that Gendron has received an extension from Kreech. He will be extended by the new President/AD for at least two years and maybe three.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Jimmy is ok now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          That was the all time worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            I doubt that Gendron has received an extension from Kreech. He will be extended by the new President/AD for at least two years and maybe three.
            Season ends in three weeks. We're really going into the offseason with a lame duck coach?

Comment

Season ends in three weeks. We're really going into the offseason with a lame duck coach?
              Appears that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                Appears that way.
                That light at the end of the tunnel just might be the headlight of an oncoming train.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  That light at the end of the tunnel just might be the headlight of an oncoming train.
                  I would think they have to give Red a two year extension. Is there anyone in the athletic department who could be promoted to AD?
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I would think they have to give Red a two year extension. Is there anyone in the athletic department who could be promoted to AD?
                    Ideally Red! Then he can go to work and hire the best coaching staff out there. He is capable of that.

Seriously, I think this cements Red for the indefinite future. Unless they hire a good AD (what are the chances) who is capable of doing a global search for a coach.
                    A green AD would take a few years to assess the situation at the dept level before attempting a hockey coach change.

Unless the U puts in a temp AD charged with making the hockey coach change. Not out of the possibilities.

Comment

I could see Cosgrove taking the job if he was still around but Red, don't see that.

The one thing you can count on, the U blowing it

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Good. Maybe the next AD seeing he already is signed for next season will tell RG that to get a extension then this is a make or break season {2018-19} to prove worthy of another extension. What has changed in Maine Hockey? The defenseman are still a liability, the forwards have no true goal scorers that can finish...what has changed is they have someone in net {Swayman} that has made a difference and is solid and more or less a foundation piece. They have a winning record but take away Swayman and insert McGovern over the season and Maine would have 8,9 maybe 10 wins and a 10th/11th place finish in Hockey East.

Comment

I could see Cosgrove taking the job if he was still around but Red, don't see that.

I hear you on the last sentence and LETS HOPE NOT this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Good. Maybe the next AD seeing he already is signed for next season will tell RG that to get a extension then this is a make or break season {2018-19} to prove worthy of another extension. What has changed in Maine Hockey? The defenseman are still a liability, the forwards have no true goal scorers that can finish...what has changed is they have someone in net {Swayman} that has made a difference and is solid and more or less a foundation piece. They have a winning record but take away Swayman and insert McGovern over the season and Maine would have 8,9 maybe 10 wins and a 10th/11th place finish in Hockey East.
                            I don't disagree on some of your points, having a lame duck coach could mean recruits walk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I don't disagree on some of your points, having a lame duck coach could mean recruits walk
                              Yes I know, dam if you do and dam if you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Didnt Cosgrove go to Colby? I suppose he has a contract.
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 02-19-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X