This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Does Maine miss out on a lot of revenue if they finish fifth? I’d be thrilled if they finish there but not sure those in the athletic department would feel the same way.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

This is gonna be one hell of a finish in HE. Maine can finish anywhere from 1st to 7th. If only Maine had won a couple of those ties. Where would everyone like to see Maine go if they finish 5th.....BU, BC, NU or PC? I think BC would be the best match-up for Maine but it would be totally bizarre to play a team 5 times in a row to end the season.....

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        This is gonna be one hell of a finish in HE. Maine can finish anywhere from 1st to 7th. If only Maine had won a couple of those ties. Where would everyone like to see Maine go if they finish 5th.....BU, BC, NU or PC? I think BC would be the best match-up for Maine but it would be totally bizarre to play a team 5 times in a row to end the season.....
        I’m not sure it’s mathematically possible for Maine-BC to finish fourth and fifth. I agree with you though that it would be the best matchup followed by BU.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Does Maine miss out on a lot of revenue if they finish fifth? I’d be thrilled if they finish there but not sure those in the athletic department would feel the same way.
          I don't think the first round games are actually profitable anywhere. Admittedly I don't remember if Maine has ever hosted one since they expanded to "everyone qualifies" and I wouldn't put it past Orono to be the exception to the rule, but for everyone else it's usually a bad combo of middling teams and spring break.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Look at Maine's record against UNH with Tirrone in net. We don't watch him every game but we know he wins against Maine.
            Yeah, he won against Maine because his offense has poured in over 4 goals per game over the course of his career against the Black Bears. After last night he has a 2.90ish GAA against Maine - a GAA that would be much worse if Maine could hit an empty net or two in the series. I imagine he's been frustrating to play against, but he hasn't been good...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Yeah, he won against Maine because his offense has poured in over 4 goals per game over the course of his career against the Black Bears. After last night he has a 2.90ish GAA against Maine - a GAA that would be much worse if Maine could hit an empty net or two in the series. I imagine he's been frustrating to play against, but he hasn't been good...
              In my opinion that’s the most frustrating thing; he isn’t that good, and yet we still have trouble beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I clearly remember swearing at a minimum of 15 times last night. Maine had to have attempted 20 missed shots last night. I will try to find stats if available.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  In my opinion that’s the most frustrating thing; he isn’t that good, and yet we still have trouble beating him.

Danny Tirone is the Blake Bortles of college hockey goaltenders. Mediocre at best but gets lucky once in a while. He's constantly out of control and can't control rebounds to save his life. We finally buried rebounds when they counted last night, and got a W in someone else's building without both our captains.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    I clearly remember swearing at a minimum of 15 times last night. Maine had to have attempted 20 missed shots last night. I will try to find stats if available.
                    Maine attempted 78 shots. 18 went wide, 17 were blocked, 39 were saved and 4 went in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Maine attempted 78 shots. 18 went wide, 17 were blocked, 39 were saved and 4 went in the net.
                      Better on-net ratio than I would have guessed. Thanks for injecting a little reason, just the same. This thread desperately needs it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Better on-net ratio than I would have guessed. Thanks for injecting a little reason, just the same. This thread desperately needs it.
                        Some people in this thread need to switch to decaf.

Comment

Boston College defeats UMass 5-2 in Amherst tonight. That eliminates Maine from contention for the Hockey East regular season crown.

Comment

Four Finalists for UMaine President

Amit Chakma, president and vice chancellor of the University of Western Ontario
                            Joan Ferrini-Mundy, chief operating officer of the National Science Foundation
                            Sally Reis, professor at the University of Connecticut
                            Nancy Targett, provost of the University of New Hampshire.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Four Finalists for UMaine President

Amit Chakma, president and vice chancellor of the University of Western Ontario
                              Joan Ferrini-Mundy, chief operating officer of the National Science Foundation
                              Sally Reis, professor at the University of Connecticut
                              Nancy Targett, provost of the University of New Hampshire.
                              The Canadian!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Boston College defeats UMass 5-2 in Amherst tonight. That eliminates Maine from contention for the Hockey East regular season crown.
                                Really, did you ever think they would win it even after Coach Red said they would last May?

Comment

Working...
                                X