X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    You think forwards are what’s missing? I personally think even one true top
    pairing, shut-down defenseman would put the team in the top four in HEA.
    Yeah. For me Maine has two first line guys and three second line guys. To take the next step they’ll need three or four top line guys and three or four second line guys along with one or two who can be around 50 points. The guys coming in next year will help. It’s been great this year how many games Maine has won courtesy of contributions from the third and fourth lines.

I don’t think Maine’s D is that bad. A lot of the problem is they spend way too much time in their own end because the forwards can’t keep the puck at the other end of the rink. It’s a work in progress and I’m sure next year will be better.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Yeah. For me Maine has two first line guys and three second line guys. To take the next step they’ll need three or four top line guys and three or four second line guys along with one or two who can be around 50 points. The guys coming in next year will help. It’s been great this year how many games Maine has won courtesy of contributions from the third and fourth lines.

I don’t think Maine’s D is that bad. A lot of the problem is they spend way too much time in their own end because the forwards can’t keep the puck at the other end of the rink. It’s a work in progress and I’m sure next year will be better.
      Interesting perspective, I had never thought of it that way, but maybe you’re right. I think Pearson and Fossier are a great duo on the first line together. Tralmaks is streaky, when he’s on I think he’s first line caliber as well. I think an overarching issue for the team as a whole is passing, lots of pucks missing sticks or ending up in skates.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        Interesting perspective, I had never thought of it that way, but maybe you’re right. I think Pearson and Fossier are a great duo on the first line together. Tralmaks is streaky, when he’s on I think he’s first line caliber as well. I think an overarching issue for the team as a whole is passing, lots of pucks missing sticks or ending up in skates.
        Poor passing, I guess, saw some bad ones down the stretch here. Like they got worse vs the beginning of the season. Bad passing and lots of shots on goal off the glass has been a regular MO since TW era, now Red is carrying it on.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Theyve made Amy Vachon full time womens basketball coach, 4 year deal. Good call she’s been incredible. But no stories say what’s happening to Baron.....retiring or moving on?

This move certainly lends some credence to the theory Baron could be an AD candidate.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            Theyve made Amy Vachon full time womens basketball coach, 4 year deal. Good call she’s been incredible. But no stories say what’s happening to Baron.....retiring or moving on?

This move certainly lends some credence to the theory Baron could be an AD candidate.
            He seems like he would be a decent candidate. He was certainly very successful as a coach.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Barron told 92.9 that he wants to keep coaching. There has to be a plan in place, you don't go ahead with this announcement without one and let him just walk. There's still more to come in this story.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Barron told 92.9 that he wants to keep coaching. There has to be a plan in place, you don't go ahead with this announcement without one and let him just walk. There's still more to come in this story.
                Could he coach men?

Hard to blame the school regardless, somehow they wound up with two great coaches, youd assume one is leaving either way. Maybe they kept the cheaper one?

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Walsh is probably gone. Look for Barron to take over the men's position. I don't think he has ever coached men before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Walsh is probably gone. Look for Barron to take over the men's position. I don't think he has ever coached men before.
                    He got his start as an assistant on the men's team at University of the South for four years before moving to the women's game. He's a quality basketball coach regardless of the gender of his players.

He's also under contract until 2020 for $150,000 per year.

Comment

If that comes to pass, given what he rebuilt post McInerney and Blodgett, youd have to be jumping for joy as a Maine fan. Best case scenario. Would be a hell of a goodbye gift from Creech.

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Nice job by Maine. 1 zip UHN. Vesey once again

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Excellent hustle by Robbins. Blue collar
                          UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhall44 View Post
                            Excellent hustle by Robbins. Blue collar
                            That was a great effort goal

Comment

Maine is so undisciplined, it's really pathetic

Comment

Very disciplined in hitting Tirrone in the chest

Comment

Working...
                                X