X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Blackie, Drew, BobF...

While I appreciate your loyalty, Maine is clearly going nowhere fast these days; they're still where they've been for all of Red's 5 years of futility, adjusting for the weak schedule this season.

It's very obvious that he's not the guy for the job, and perhaps the program is too far gone to resurrect it anytime soon... But let's call a spade a spade here, just the same.
    "While I appreciate your loyalty" ... Well you must be king ****.

Comment

What an ignorant disposition. Speaks volumes why stuff doesn't get done.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        "While I appreciate your loyalty" ... Well you must be king ****.
        Blacki
        Not sure what you are saying, first you say team is headed in right direction then you bring up last 10 games record.
        I see better talent especially in most important position, goalie, this team looks like last year and the year before that and so on. Yeah they scored goals, the D is still the same.
        Red is going to get extended unless he quits or retires.
        I don't see how Maine can change coaches at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Blacki
          Not sure what you are saying, first you say team is headed in right direction then you bring up last 10 games record.
          I see better talent especially in most important position, goalie, this team looks like last year and the year before that and so on. Yeah they scored goals, the D is still the same.
          Red is going to get extended unless he quits or retires.
          I don't see how Maine can change coaches at this point.

I don't see how you can't see what I am saying. Go be 4th in conference and twentieth in polls, then do about as bad as you can after. Progress, I guess so. Only cause Maine was so bad before. But happy about it, not me.

Talent is better than you give credit, you know that. Swayman, Keeper, Tralmaks are all top rookies in hockey east. Can't use excuse anymore Maine doesn't get talent.

Maine won't change coaches. But the bench coaching has to get better in my opinion.
          Last edited by BlackI; 03-13-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

You cant give any weight to the standings in January. They were 4th before they played the 3 real teams in the league and they got their doors blown off. They were never actually the 4th best team in the league they just happenee to have Northeastern BC and a PC game at the end

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              I don't see how you can't see what I am saying. Go be 4th in conference and twentieth in polls, then do about as bad as you can after. Progress, I guess so. Only cause Maine was so bad before. But happy about it, not me.

Talent is better than you give credit, you know that. Swayman, Keeper, Tralmaks are all top rookies in hockey east. Can't use excuse anymore Maine doesn't get talent.

Maine won't change coaches. But the bench coaching has to get better in my opinion.
              In 5 years do you think bench coaching has gotten better.???

Comment

In 5 years do you think bench coaching has gotten better.???

No. Sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  You cant give any weight to the standings in January. They were 4th before they played the 3 real teams in the league and they got their doors blown off. They were never actually the 4th best team in the league they just happenee to have Northeastern BC and a PC game at the end
                  Maine basically beat the teams worse than them and lost to the teams who were better. I’m not quite sure how that is bad coaching. One thing to note is that they only played one of the nine games against the top three hockey east teams at home.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Maine basically beat the teams worse than them and lost to the teams who were better. I’m not quite sure how that is bad coaching. One thing to note is that they only played one of the nine games against the top three hockey east teams at home.
                    Which, to be fair, was probably the worst game of the entire season.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Yeah and they played better on the road which was an improvement over past years.
                      Maybe I expect too much, they showed me a little and I want a lot as a result. They aren't better than PC but they could have won a game there. I

Comment

.........They aren't better than PC but they could have won a game there...
                        I agree. They didn't win a game because of the lack of discipline. Penalties worked against them in many games all year long. It's possible to place some of that blame on bench coaching. It was almost like he didn't care or didn't think it was a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          You dont think having a zillion too many men penalties, leading Hockey East in penalty mins, having the 5th most in the country and indeed averaging an ENTIRE PERIOD per game in the box is indicitative of a coaching issue?!?

(With a PK that was 53rd in the country by the way)
                          Last edited by BoSox3066; 03-13-2018, 01:56 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            You dont think having a zillion too many men penalties, leading Hockey East in penalty mins, having the 5th most in the country and indeed averaging an ENTIRE PERIOD per game in the box is indicitative of a coaching issue?!?

(With a PK that was 53rd in the country by the way)
                            I agree, I think the penalties and horrible PK were the biggest reasons Maine was only able to finish 6th in HE and 20-something in the pairwise. A team can't win games against other good teams and give up that much of an advantage. Keeper had 88 minutes of penalty minutes alone (the most in all of hockey east). I thought he might catch Diamond and Ryan for a while...

I think they could improve a bunch just by eliminating the stupid after the whistle penalties and the too many men on the ice stuff. Sounds easy right?

And yea, that is a coaching issue.

edit: just noticed Diamond "only" had 73 penalty minutes his freshman year... just sayin'
                            Last edited by dogtagger; 03-13-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                              I agree, I think the penalties and horrible PK were the biggest reasons Maine was only able to finish 6th in HE and 20-something in the pairwise. A team can't win games to other good teams giving that much of an advantage to their opponents. Keeper had 88 minutes of penalty minutes alone. I thought he might catch Diamond and Ryan for a while...

And yea, that is a coaching issue.
                              To be fair to Brady, about a quarter of those came from the same game, at Northeastern when he picked up a misconduct and game misconduct for slamming his stick down and slamming the penalty box door after a call for hooking he didn’t like. Still, that probably is symptomatic of a larger discipline and poise issue that starts at the top.

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/03/1...d-next-season/

Larry implies Michel will stay senior season to finish his degree. Mentions Kleiboer to come in next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X