X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

Originally posted by Mac910 View Post
    Tough to win when you get outplayed and outcoached. BC’s defensive corps worlds better than Maine’s
    Maine's D is definitely their Achilles' heel. They have decent physical talent there but play cluelessly far too often.

I've been mildly encouraged by this team at times this year, but I have to consider that HE is having the worst year since its inception... Maybe this apparent uptick is simply a mirage, -just the by-product of playing in a weak conference- and next season back we go into the abyss.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-17-2018, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Why has maine all but abandoned physical play. They have some big boys who just dont finish a check. Yeh now and then but you have to do that to a bc to break them up sone otherwise they move the puck around at will. A few times the d just gave up on great back check chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        What a brutal game. Looks like me out there when it comes to puck control.
        Looked like noon stick and puck at the alfond.

Comment

Was thinking about going to Conte next week but whats the point? Teams played hard for 1 period out of the last 14. Sad.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Looked like noon stick and puck at the alfond.
            Haha, an event I’ve attended several times and I can agree with this.

Comment

I updated the Hockey East thread. The paragraphs that pertain to Maine:

Boston University has the inside track on the four seed and final bye/home ice slot. A single point eliminates UConn from consideration. The Terriers need to finish one point ahead of Maine to secure home ice. In the event the Terriers and Huskies tie at 25 the Huskies win the tiebreaker (12-11). If Maine has 26+ points, then the Huskies take fifth and BU falls to sixth. In the event of a three-way tie at 25, UConn takes fourth, Maine fifth and BU sixth. Maine's ceiling is 27, so if BU gets to 28 they eliminate the Black Bears.

UConn can pass BU as described above. If they win their finale on Thursday night, Maine would need to get to 26 points to pass them as the Huskies would hold the tiebreaker (12-11). The Huskies can also be passed by Lowell if the River Hawks get to 24 points while UConn is stuck on 23 or 24. A tie at 23 points would come down to their H2H with either Providence or Northeastern, both of which are won by UConn. UConn would also win a three-way tie at 23.

Maine is in the odd position that they win the tb with BU but would lose to UConn. BU has a two point lead so Maine will need to go BU+2 next weekend at Boston College to secure fourth. However, as described above, Maine loses a three-way tie at 25 to UConn. Maine can also be caught by Lowell and drop to seventh. If Lowell wins both games next weekend, they need Maine to lose both as Lowell would lose a tie at 24. However, if the tie is at 23 then Lowell would win the tie and finish sixth.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                With the loss, Maine falls to 6. They lose the tiebreaker with UConn. The best they can do is 4th, the worst is 7th.
                Stay in 6th and you will likely be hosting UNH and Tirone in the MBPBEGAM around. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  Maybe this game they were ok but during the season it has been inconsistent and fair to poor if you watched them all season.

Lohan was out for awhile with a broken jaw and just came back. He is gone after this season.

As of now unless they win the HE Tournament they’re out of the NCAA tournament [emoji970] Next year the team should improve with their incoming freshmen class.
                  When Maine's D is what you see on a regular basis........ BC had sticks and bodies in the way all game long. Maine had some chances. Maine blew a ton of chances, never seen so many whiffed set ups, puck bounced, passes no where near. 3 on 1, no passes, shot into Wolls chest.

This game was why I gave up my tickets. I rather sit home than get frustrated watching that crap. Some of it was BC, no doubt. Most of it was 2 lines who did nothing and 2 lines who could generate some room. Still not enough depth.

Since injury Doherty looks nowhere near as good as he did, maybe it's linemates.

Swayman hurt, run down maybe?

It appears this team can't handle the pressure of being home? Plays loose on the road but tightens up at home???

Last thing this team wants to do is play UNH in playoffs. I can hear the gagging now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

No reason a team should be that bad at home with last change. Reminds me of the Bruins before they gassed Julien. Neely said something to that effect when they did it.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

I think there has to be something up with Swayman, he’s certainly still keeping them in games, but Merrimack definitely saw something in him.

Vesey’s 4 on 1 shot into Woll’s chest summed up his Maine career. We definitely made him look great. BCs d took away our time and space and forced us into mistakes.

Binner needs to figure out how to not whiff, he seems like he has a big head..

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        BC is not a good match-up for Maine...too quick & too disciplined. Maine works so hard to get so few opportunities to score.
                        too quick and too disciplined? BC?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          too quick and too disciplined? BC?
                          Compared to Maine, yes. I realize this a down year for BC but they are still far more disciplined than Maine .

Comment

Reports are that Karlton Kreech is leaving to become the AD at Denver. This timing leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Reports are that Karlton Kreech is leaving to become the AD at Denver. This timing leaves a lot to be desired.
                              Jimmy is ok now

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                After he sold his house you knew he wouldn’t be around for too much longer. He has done a decent enough job but I don’t see this as a horrible loss.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X