This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

You all know I am an *******. And I am a homer. But this weekend for Maine hockey is terrible. It is very bad. Even I have to say, let's go with a new head coach.

Comment

Not a great look on Fossier’s part to start a skirmish at the buzzer and get tossed, he didn’t even get to go through the handshake line. Might have played himself out of an A on his sweater next season with antics like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        Not a great look on Fossier’s part to start a skirmish at the buzzer and get tossed, he didn’t even get to go through the handshake line. Might have played himself out of an A on his sweater next season with antics like that.
        It was a complete ***** move on the PC player’s part. The guy deserved to have his teeth knocked out. In that clown’s defense, he’s probably never won anything in his life.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine lost the game and season in the first period. They never showed up. Classy reflection on the Maine team at the end. Providence wants to celebrate and Maine is throwing punches. Direct reflection of the coach in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            It was a complete ***** move on the PC player’s part. The guy deserved to have his teeth knocked out. In that clown’s defense, he’s probably never won anything in his life.
            I was at the game, from where I was standing it looked like Mitchell just put a forearm into the numbers right after the buzzer and drew a crowd to him.

Comment

14 losses in a row to Providence is a new UMaine school record to any single opponent. The 0-17-1 winless streak is also a school record.

Oh, the current seven game losing streak to Boston College is also the longest such streak against them Maine has ever had.

All four home teams swept this weekend. Seven of the eight games were decided by a single goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I was at the game, from where I was standing it looked like Mitchell just put a forearm into the numbers right after the buzzer and drew a crowd to him.
                The clown started waving at Fossier. That’s when Fossier got stuck into him.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  14 losses in a row to Providence is a new UMaine school record to any single opponent. The 0-17-1 winless streak is also a school record.

Oh, the current seven game losing streak to Boston College is also the longest such streak against them Maine has ever had.

All four home teams swept this weekend. Seven of the eight games were decided by a single goal.
                  This post is much more to the point. Maine finished over .500 simply because they played a weak schedule. Our program is still far worse than it was when Timmy left.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    Maine lost the game and season in the first period. They never showed up. Classy reflection on the Maine team at the end. Providence wants to celebrate and Maine is throwing punches. Direct reflection of the coach in my opinion.
                    No. The boys played hard, you know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      This post is much more to the point. Maine finished over .500 simply because they played a weak schedule. Our program is still far worse than it was when Timmy left.
                      This is factually not true. Maine’s schedule was around halfway and it was the conference schedule that brought it down. I’m not quite sure how Maine could have changed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Yes. However there is an overlying problem now. Are we to buy out his contract? Of course yes.

Comment

This is factually not true. Maine’s schedule was around halfway and it was the conference schedule that brought it down. I’m not quite sure how Maine could have changed that.
                          In his defense, how much of that was brought up by games with Duluth and Miami, 3/4 of which Maine lost?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            No. The boys played hard, you know that.
                            I agree that they played hard in the 2nd and 3rd period. They were completely dominated in the first period and were outshot 15-8. Providence was beating Maine to lose pucks in much the same way Maine did to Providence in the first game during the 1st period.

Comment

They went 1-12 against ranked teams. So hows it factually not true that they finished over .500 by beating buncha lousy teams? They disnt beat any good ones

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                I agree that they played hard in the 2nd and 3rd period. They were completely dominated in the first period and were outshot 15-8. Providence was beating Maine to lose pucks in much the same way Maine did to Providence in the first game during the 1st period.
                                Well, looks like coaching change now for me. I listenended and i know now who coaches what. Red is in charge of defense. Well why can't we win? Coach d then, he can't he is a forwards coach. We aĺl know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X