This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears 2017/18, Red dawn

******* didn't go to Maine, went to henniker. They don't drink beer there. They suck thumbs and fondle with their own man ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      ******* didn't go to Maine, went to henniker. They don't drink beer there. They suck thumbs and fondle with their own man ****.
      You drinking already?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        You drinking already?

Nope. Slept all night and still ****ed off.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Nope. Slept all night and still ****ed off.
          Over the past 5 or 6 years I've learned this is the new Maine hockey. Its not 2000 or earlier any more. This team is better than what I expected, not sure if they will continue to improve or not with Red as coach. I understand the frustration, I've just gotten used to it.

Comment

You drinking already?

No reason to go in there and lose in front of no ****ing fans... because of poor coaching. I guess if nobody see a bear ****ing in the woods it didnt happen.

Hate the way the losses are going... coming from someone that sat in Minnesota and through giontas 5 goals at bc.

Comment

Red should get a contract extension....for the health of UM Hockey. Recruiting is going well & a new coaching regime could/would set that back. I don't think that I could stomach another rebuilding process. It would be nice if Red announced that he was retiring after 2 more seasons and they established a line of succession with Guite. I think that Red has shown over the past month that his coaching is stale. He doesn't have it in him to tweak his coaching philosophy to help this team win a few more games. Many men his age are stuck in their ways and averse to change....he is no different.
              Last edited by umhockey91; 02-10-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Should be interesting to see who gets coach of year in Hockey East. Also contract extension, how long or none?

Gendron is certainly in the running for coach of the year. I think Jim Madigan is also a candidate. Gendron probably gets another two years added if he wants it. Not that I would offer it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                  Red should get a contract extension....for the health of UM Hockey. Recruiting is going well & a new coaching regime could/would set that back. I don't think that I could stomach another rebuilding process. It would be nice if Red announced that he was retiring after 2 more seasons and they established a line of succession with Guite. I think that Red has shown over the past month that his coaching is stale. He doesn't have it in him to tweak his coaching philosophy to help this team win a few more games. Many men his age are stuck in their ways and averse to change....he is no different.
                  It all comes down to recruiting, recruits won't commit if the Coach is a lame duck hanging in the wind, RG has one more year on his extension...most likely they (UM AD) will up him after the season....myself I won't give him any extension and send him a message that next year (2018-19) is a make or break, but it won't happen and he'll hand him over another 2 year extension if NOT 3 years. What has saved his bacon to this point is MAINE HAS FINALLY solved there goaltending in #1 Swayman...without him they would be a 10th/11th place door-mat. When the season started not counting on the goaltending situation I had figured 9th/10th/or 11th in Hockey East and slight chance of winning 10-12 games...any gravy would have been a .500 season (15-15-4) and a 8th place finish in Hockey East. With the chance of Home Ice in the 1st round (6 thru 11) and even a chance of a 4th or 5th place finish has more or less put RG in line for extension. Sad part is are we any better..???? or is it more or less the goaltending has put Maine back in the middle of the pack ( 6 though 8 in Hockey East). As I have said before Maine can beat anyone and also they can lose to anyone on any given night. Sadly this year Hockey East has taken a few steps backwards in that the League is not a power in College Hockey...NCHC, big10, and ECAC have moved way ahead of Hockey East in terms of strength and getting teams into the NCAA's. Hockey East will get "MAYBE" two teams into the NCAA's (Auto-Bid and if a team runs the regular season out with a long winning streak and does well in 1st/2nd round and onto Boston for the Semi's and Finals).

Comment

Longest losing streak vs a Hockey East opponent: 13 - Boston University (1/16/82-2/15/86)
                    Longest current losing streak vs Hockey East opponent: 12 - Providence (2/28/14-current)
                    Longest winless streak vs Hockey East opponent: 16 - Providence (2/10/12-current)

Maine has only had three winless streaks vs any opponent of 10 or more games: Providence 16 (0-15-1) and BU 13 (0-13, 0-11-2). UNH (0-6-3) can be the fourth on Wednesday.

Since 2013
                    Maine vs UMass:12-3-1 (.781)
                    Maine vs Rest of Hockey East: 28-64-10 (.323)

In the past three seasons Maine has a winning record vs - UMass
                    In the past three seasons Maine has a losing record vs - Boston College, Boston University, Connecticut, Lowell, Merrimack, New Hampshire, Northeastern, Providence

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Longest losing streak vs a Hockey East opponent: 13 - Boston University (1/16/82-2/15/86)
                      Longest current losing streak vs Hockey East opponent: 12 - Providence (2/28/14-current)
                      Longest winless streak vs Hockey East opponent: 16 - Providence (2/10/12-current)

Maine has only had three winless streaks vs any opponent of 10 or more games: Providence 16 (0-15-1) and BU 13 (0-13, 0-11-2). UNH (0-6-3) can be the fourth on Wednesday.

Since 2013

In the past three seasons Maine has a losing record vs - Boston College, Boston University, Connecticut, Lowell, Merrimack, New Hampshire, Northeastern, Providence
                      Which is why I have no expectations for this team. From powerhouse to dumpster fire. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Since 2013

Revealing numbers. I wouldn't have thought Maine had a losing record against every league team but one. What about Vermont?
                        Last edited by Runsub5; 02-10-2018, 01:35 PM. Reason: Added question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          Revealing numbers. I wouldn't have thought Maine had a losing record against every league team but one. What about Vermont?
                          3-3-2

Comment

The Minutemen coming up big tonight to help keep us in 5th and wipe out the game in hand that Lowell had over us.
                            It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
                            But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

you guys just want to fall into the bottom 6 and end uhn's season (while saying' good bye to Dickie)... we know, we know...
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

pretty sure what we want doesn't matter. Besides why would we want to play a team that owns us? Tirrone kills Maine, might suck against everyone else but he has lost one game to Maine in his career. Normally that would be impressive but the last 4 years any stiff could beat Maine.

Does this UHN game make or break Maines season? At the beginning of the season I'd say no but now the teams needs a win. I'd say UHN cruises

Comment

Working...
                                X