Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Broncos to announce their Day 2 picks from Casa Bonita.

Let me once again give you the obligatory rundown:

1) Yes, it exists.
    2) It's just like on the show. Location in a beat-up strip mall on West Colfax and everything.
    3) No need to go there. The food is so bad it's legendary - it makes Taco Bell look Michelin Star worthy.
    4) If you're press-ganged into going there, order the cheapest entree on the menu, ignore it, and gorge on the unlimited sopapillas (yes, you raise the little Mexican flag at your table just like on the show.)
    What show are you referencing here?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      What show are you referencing here?
      South Park

And #3 on the list is wrong then right, it is the exact reason you not only need to go, but order one of the all you can eat meals.

Comment

Yes this all makes me want to go even more.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

1) Yes, it exists.
          2) It's just like on the show. Location in a beat-up strip mall on West Colfax and everything.
          3) No need to go there. The food is so bad it's legendary - it makes Taco Bell look Michelin Star worthy.
          4) If you're press-ganged into going there, order the cheapest entree on the menu, ignore it, and gorge on the unlimited sopapillas (yes, you raise the little Mexican flag at your table just like on the show.)
          "Casa Bonita" sounds like a whorehouse.

Check that. Casa Bonita looks like a whorehouse.

Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I thought Casa Bonita was a well known thing because of South Park? Heck, even the last game has a whole DLC based around Casa Bonita.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              I thought Casa Bonita was a well known thing because of South Park? Heck, even the last game has a whole DLC based around Casa Bonita.
              South Park airs (used to air?) on Wednesday nights, IIRC. That was my hockey league night. Since my days of hockey ending, I've dropped cable, so I haven't really ever been able to watch that show very often.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                But you’re also wishing to hack down the number of professional sports teams to have largely East Coast based leagues.
                Except, of the teams he's saying to axe, only 1 is remotely on the west coast, Arizona...the next furthest west is what? Houston?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Why are you so sure the present doesn’t matter?
                  'Cuz I don't like it.

I'll take Paris, 1150. Male with money and power, obviously.

Baghdad, 1250 with the silver.

Athens, 500 BC for the bronze.

That about wraps it up for this planet.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 04-24-2018, 03:20 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Except, of the teams he's saying to axe, only 1 is remotely on the west coast, Arizona...the next furthest west is what? Houston?
                    It was a response to this statement:
                    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    It's all been sh-t since the Dodgers abandoned Brooklyn, which was before I was conceived.
                    Which basically says “It was all good when nothing was west of St. Louis or Kansas City.”
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Baghdad, 1250 with the silver.
                      Don't linger for too long.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Don't linger for too long.
                        Like the Caps, I'm out in 7.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Hey, a parrot will announce Tampa's day 2 picks
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

1) Yes, it exists.
                            All of this. I've actually eaten there twice (although once was for a sort of prank by SloeGin/Quizmire for some guests they invited to their wedding, the day or two before.

Bonus:
                            5) You can play the game "Passed Out Or Dead" on the way there.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Bonus:
                              5) You can play the game "Passed Out Or Dead" on the way there.
                              When I lived on Bowdoin Street in Boston I used to play this on my walk to the Park Street T every morning. I also learned that rats gnawing does not constitute an automatic resolution.

Lovely city.
                              Cornell University

Comment

When I lived on Bowdoin Street in Boston I used to play this on my walk to the Park Street T every morning. I also learned that rats gnawing does not constitute an automatic resolution.

Lovely city.
                                A jewel of that East coast you love so dearly.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X