X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    3. A football move

What are they trying to capture with this addition? The more I think about it the less it is necessary. If you have control and your feet are in play, why is anything else necessary?

Interesting that they didn't take this opportunity to change it to only one foot in bounds. Much better rule IMHO.
    I assume they put that in for fumbles. If a move isn't required then there would be a lot more fumbles. Personally i'd prefer that but they don't.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I assume they put that in for fumbles. If a move isn't required then there would be a lot more fumbles. Personally i'd prefer that but they don't.
      Correct. They used the Jesse James example in their video that it would be a touchdown under the new rules, but a fumble had it happened at mid field, as he wasn’t touched by a defender.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I'm still not tracking.

If the initial impact with the ground causes him to lose the ball that shouldn't be a catch (it isn't two feet down or body part). If he gets down and then fumbles that should be a catch and a fumble.

The James play will be called correctly without the football move proviso. He has control and he has a body part down so it's a catch. The ball is in his hands extended over the goal line so it's a TD. Anything that happens after that doesn't matter.
        Last edited by Kepler; 03-28-2018, 11:33 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

but on running plays, the ground can't cause a fumble. running back dives over the line, breaks the plane, then loses the ball, it's a td. receiver has to make a 'football move'? as I said, what if he goes way up in the back of the endzone, has possession, gets his two feet down, but does nothing else other than jump, catch, and fall to the ground? and then loses the ball.

possession. broke the plane. both feet in. is that a catch? I say it is, but the new new rule says it isn't, cause no 'football move'. and here we are, right back where we started.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

What were they trying to capture when they made the initial change that caused all the problems? Was it a solution in search of a problem?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Vikings would have been at home had the rule been in place last season all things being equal. No I'm not suggesting they would have won otherwise just having fun.

Comment

The Giants want 2 first round picks for OBJ.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  The Giants want 2 first round picks for OBJ.
                  If the Giants send a full time psychiatrist they might have a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Is it identical? That would be very funny.
                    If it's not, it's pretty dam close to the previous rule before all the additions.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Patriots trade WR Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd pick in the draft.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        They also swapped 6th round picks.

If the Rams can sign him to a decent long term deal, quite the trade.

Will be interesting to see if the Pats, now with two first round and two second round picks, will trade up in the draft for a QB.
                        AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          He finally woke up from that hit in the super bowl?
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            They also swapped 6th round picks.

If the Rams can sign him to a decent long term deal, quite the trade.

Will be interesting to see if the Pats, now with two first round and two second round picks, will trade up in the draft for a QB.
                            no fffff****** way!!!!

unless it is someone who will support and help GLA RIGHT NOW!!!! it is a wasted pick.

THE FUTURE IS NOW!! ()
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What's left of RGIII signs with the Ravens for one year.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                What's left of RGIII signs with the Ravens for one year.
                                Low risk, I like the deal. RGIII is extremely talented, if his body can hold up at all.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X