Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Or in the last 2 minutes, committing PI to eat the clock by limiting the offense to 15 yard chunks at a time.
    Game can't end on a defensive penalty, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      So, they wanted the college rule... I don't see that ever passing.
      Somebody's bound to interfere with it.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Game can't end on a defensive penalty, right?
        Correct
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          So, they wanted the college rule... I don't see that ever passing.
          Offensive coaches, and the way the game has evolved towards offense, won’t ever let it happen, IMHO.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Sfb.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...ana-possession
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

The catch rule has officially been changed.

1. Control
              2. Two feet or another body part
              3. A football move
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

1. Control
                3. A football move
                So basically "going to the ground" and/or "surviving the ground" are no longer a thing.

Dunno about the definitions of "control of the ball" and "football move" - I suspect we're going to be right back here next year.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

right. has a guy made a 'football move' if he makes a leaping grab at the back of the endzone, then falls to the ground with possession the whole way, and then the ball gets jarred loose?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    So basically "going to the ground" and/or "surviving the ground" are no longer a thing.
                    Why is that your interpretation?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Why is that your interpretation?
                      "Two feet or other body part" making contact with the ground supersedes "surviving the ground." Guy catches, secures control, makes a forward lunge while losing balance, knee makes contact inbounds, then he completes his fall and the ball rattles loose in his hands but he holds on afterward. That can now be a good catch.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

1. Control
                        3. A football move
                        So, what the rule was before all the fiascoes....funny.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          "Two feet or other body part" making contact with the ground supersedes "surviving the ground." Guy catches, secures control, makes a forward lunge while losing balance, knee makes contact inbounds, then he completes his fall and the ball rattles loose in his hands but he holds on afterward. That can now be a good catch.
                          but what if he made the grab just leaping straight up and down, falls to the ground and then the ball rattles loose. did he make a 'football move'?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            but what if he made the grab just leaping straight up and down, falls to the ground and then the ball rattles loose. did he make a 'football move'?
                            I think 99% of the time any sort of lower body movement after he grabs the ball can be interpreted as trying to stay in bounds / get more yardage / etc. If OTOH he gets hammered in the air and the ball comes free on contact with the ground that should never have been a catch anyway.

This does seem to clear 95% of the confusion up. I'm as surprised as anyone, but I think The Shield didn't actually make things worse just this once.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              So, what the rule was before all the fiascoes....funny.
                              Is it identical? That would be very funny.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

3. A football move

What are they trying to capture with this addition? The more I think about it the less it is necessary. If you have control and your feet are in play, why is anything else necessary?

Interesting that they didn't take this opportunity to change it to only one foot in bounds. Much better rule IMHO.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X