NFL 2018.1 The off season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

I've seen that "fourth down from your own 35 to retain possession" rule floated a few times now (it's sometimes called the Schiano Rule after a Tampa Bay coach who lobbied for it.) Sounds pretty fun. You'd never get Brady off the field
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Oversaturation or abject greed????

http://tinyurl.com/y9r3xwgw
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Oversaturation or abject greed????

http://tinyurl.com/y9r3xwgw
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          ok.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Who in God's name is watch the draft so intently? Seriously, all you need to do is look up the result a few days later, or a few weeks or months later since it's not like the aftermath will matter in the slightest until September, if even by then.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Who in God's name is watch the draft so intently? Seriously, all you need to do is look up the result a few days later, or a few weeks or months later since it's not like the aftermath will matter in the slightest until September, if even by then.
              I watch, but am a dual monitor in my living room guy so it can be on and I can be watching or doing other things as well if I want to. I watch as it’s the last real football event until mid summer with media days in college and training camp in the NFL. The offseason is long, and watching where Iowa guys go, other Big Ten teams, and how Green Bay, it’s division, and particularly NFC teams are trying to reload and build a SB contending roster is intriguing.

With twitter now, you can find out selections ahead of their announcement on tv, so the NFL is likely just trying to maximize every type of viewing avenue and giving more options for how they deliver content to meet the expanded ways that people want content delivered.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Back when the draft took place during the week during the day (i.e, when people were supposed to be at work), I knew someone who would take off just to watch the draft live.

Obsession is an obsession. They are never explainable...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Back when the draft took place during the week during the day (i.e, when people were supposed to be at work), I knew someone who would take off just to watch the draft live.

Obsession is an obsession. They are never explainable...
                  Obviously Jets fans.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Obviously Jets fans.
                    It was a Buffalo Bills fan.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

The 15 yard only pass interference penalty change submitted by the New York Jets will not be moving forward as a suggestion by the competition committee.

I can’t imagine this changes unless there is a hybrid type rule put in place so that when someone beats a DB deep for 50 yards, the defender can’t simply interfere and save 35 yards.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

JPP to the Bucs along with NYG 4th, for TB 3rd and a 4th.

I give him until October before he has a fireworks mishap again.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          The 15 yard only pass interference penalty change submitted by the New York Jets will not be moving forward as a suggestion by the competition committee.
                          So, they wanted the college rule... I don't see that ever passing.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

I can’t imagine this changes unless there is a hybrid type rule put in place so that when someone beats a DB deep for 50 yards, the defender can’t simply interfere and save 35 yards.
                            Or in the last 2 minutes, committing PI to eat the clock by limiting the offense to 15 yard chunks at a time.
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                              Or in the last 2 minutes, committing PI to eat the clock by limiting the offense to 15 yard chunks at a time.
                              You could regulate that by having an exemption to the limit for fouls deemed "intentional." For those give them the ball where the foul is committed.

Always wondered: there's no time on the clock and the ball is coming down into your hands in the end zone for the game-winning score. So I just clobber you. Is there any provision where you get the score, or must you line up at the 1 yard line and get your one shot?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                You could regulate that by having an exemption to the limit for fouls deemed "intentional." For those give them the ball where the foul is committed.

Always wondered: there's no time on the clock and the ball is coming down into your hands in the end zone for the game-winning score. So I just clobber you. Is there any provision where you get the score, or must you line up at the 1 yard line and get your one shot?
                                Well, there's a "palpably unfair act" rule which gives the refs a lot of leeway to make the situation right, including awarding scores, but I don't know if this would meet the threshold.

Comment

Working...
                                X