Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    @TSN_Sports: BREAKING: The Indianapolis @Colts have traded the 3rd overall pick in the 2018 #NFLDraft to the @nyjets in exchange for the 6th, 37th and 49th picks in the 2018 draft, and a 2019 second round pick. https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/statu...122755/photo/1
    Might I recommend they use all of those picks on OL, so that Luck's ribs have a chance to grow back.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

is the third overall gonna be that great that its worth giving up that much for it? that's what, a first and 2 second rounders?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Eagles will be Hosting the Vikings to start the 2018 NFL season
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
          Eagles will be Hosting the Vikings to start the 2018 NFL season
          Talk radio is going to be good that night, after the game, as the overspending on Cousins is hashed out.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Talk radio is going to be good that night, after the game, as the overspending on Cousins is hashed out.
            That night? They're already talking about it on Philly sports radio.

OK, it's mostly about who's going to start at QB for the Eagles, but still...
            Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

More(??!!!) football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ootball-league
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                I like some of the rule ideas (the onside kick substitution is great). How about no placekicking at all? Football would get real interesting without any field goals.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  Can anyone decipher this paragraph??
                  There also will be no kickoffs (the ball will be placed automatically at the 25-yard line) and no onside kicks. The losing team will just start on its own 35-yard line with fourth-and-10. Play clocks will be 30 seconds and every touchdown will be followed by a two-point conversion attempt.
                  Edit: I think I got it, instead of an inside kick, you get one shot at a 1st down from your 35 yard line.
                  Last edited by joecct; 03-20-2018, 01:12 PM.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Can anyone decipher this paragraph??
                    Seems straightforward to me. Rather than an onside kick the team that just scored keeps the ball, moves to their 35, and gets a 4th and 10. I really like it. It also means if you are down by 16 with 10 seconds to play you're not dead.

They should have said "the attempting team." You don't have to be trailing, although normally you would be to try it.

Admittedly I don't have any ownership of football purity because I don't care about football much at all.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 03-20-2018, 01:13 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Seems straightforward to me. Rather than an onside kick the team that just scored keeps the ball, moves to their 35, and gets a 4th and 10. I really like it. It also means if you are down by 16 with 10 seconds to play you're not dead.

They should have said "the attempting team." You don't have to be trailing, although normally you would be to try it.

Admittedly I don't have any ownership of football purity because I don't care about football much at all.
                      Or if a team is feeling frisky they could just keep the ball over and over and over. I suppose if you have a great O but a crap D.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Or if a team is feeling frisky they could just keep the ball over and over and over. I suppose if you have a great O but a crap D.
                        Ahem. Aaron Rodgers approves.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Ahem. Aaron Rodgers approves.
                          Unfortunately Mike McCarthy is too conservative to ever take advantage of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Unfortunately Mike McCarthy is too conservative to ever take advantage of it.
                            No kidding. Mike Tomlin might go for 2 and then use this next rule more than anyone in the league!

Side note, I know it’s not over yet, but the off-season has done little to ease my CB concerns. Pass rush will be improved and I’m glad there’s a new coach, but yikes are the Pack thin at CB.
                            AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              No kidding. Mike Tomlin might go for 2 and then use this next rule more than anyone in the league!

Side note, I know it’s not over yet, but the off-season has done little to ease my CB concerns. Pass rush will be improved and I’m glad there’s a new coach, but yikes are the Pack thin at CB.
                              True, I've always felt that they should focus more on improving the interior of their D (specifically the front 3, assuming we stick with a 3-4 defense) and create pressure to make the lives of the secondary easier. That said losing Burnett isn't good.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                True, I've always felt that they should focus more on improving the interior of their D (specifically the front 3, assuming we stick with a 3-4 defense) and create pressure to make the lives of the secondary easier. That said losing Burnett isn't good.
                                Jones was going to see more playing time anyways, and Brice can play behind Jones as well.

Agreed — a good pass rush/pressure means your secondary needs to cover less, not to mention a drive where a sack occurs only ends up in points 7% of the time.

There are some really good players up front now with Daniels, Clark, and now Mo. Really hoping a healthy Vince Biegel takes a nice step this year on the edge too.

Kevin King should continue progressing nicely, but I’d like to see Dalvin Breaux or DRC brought in for relatively cheap and add another CB or 2 in the draft.

Really want Josh Jackson at 14.. a little Hawkeye bias, yes, but that dude can flat out play with size and speed, and he attacks the ball.

Okay with Roquan Smith or Harold Landry if available as well.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X