Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Best seats in football and hockey are first row in top deck

Best seats for basketball and baseball and tennis and golf are first row at field level
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Worst seats in hockey are on the glass, because that's where all the mouthbreathers are who hammer on the glass.

Best seats in hockey are halfway up the lower bowl on a corner, as long as you're not right in front of the band.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Worst seats in hockey are on the glass, because that's where all the mouthbreathers are who hammer on the glass.

Best seats in hockey are halfway up the lower bowl on a corner, as long as you're not right in front of the band.
        And the people who stand up, turn around, and wave at the camera every ****ing time the puck is on their end.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Agreed, that's pretty much where we sit for hockey.

I don't really know how to put it into words, but courtside for NBA is like watching a whole different game than being up in the stands. All the other sports I've found it's more or less different views of the same thing. With basketball the entire game changes when you're looking up at it instead of down on it.

Comment

Just saw this documentary- http://www.fourgamesinfall.com/

If you get a chance, you may find it very interesting. Even if you are very, very tired of hearing about deflategate.

Comment

I'd say baseball is the best radio sport.
              Yes. Surprisingly, hockey is a good radio sport, IF you have the right announcers. And to echo St Clown's cost of going to a game, this is why I've pretty much given up on Gopher hockey games in person.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

At the corner bottom row of second level.

At community rinks its standing at the corner on the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  At the corner bottom row of second level.

At community rinks its standing at the corner on the glass.
                  A dozen rows up, blue line. Best seats in hockey. Just above the glass.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    A dozen rows up, blue line. Best seats in hockey. Just above the glass.
                    A LOT happens at the blue line.

Comment

A LOT happens at the blue line.
                      Yep. And you get the full view of the ice, and you are above the glass, so see everything along the near boards, etc etc.

Comment

Yep. And you get the full view of the ice, and you are above the glass, so see everything along the near boards, etc etc.
                        For a view of the ice, I'll take the turn, as long as you're up a ways. Bottom of second bowl is almost like being next to glass but above it.

This all depends on the rink, of course. But I get your preference for the blue line

Comment

For a view of the ice, I'll take the turn, as long as you're up a ways. Bottom of second bowl is almost like being next to glass but above it.

This all depends on the rink, of course. But I get your preference for the blue line
                          I will say, upper deck, on the ends of the X, great view. You can see the play develop, and not have the need for binoculars. Saw the Wheeler goal at the F5 from the opp end of the ice, about 5 rows from the top of the arena. It. Was. Beautiful.

Comment

I will say, upper deck, on the ends of the X, great view. You can see the play develop, and not have the need for binoculars. Saw the Wheeler goal at the F5 from the opp end of the ice, about 5 rows from the top of the arena. It. Was. Beautiful.
                            As a gopher fan, I thought you would come clean and say you prefer the front seat of your car for the first and last ten minutes of the game.

Comment

As a gopher fan, I thought you would come clean and say you prefer the front seat of your car for the first and last ten minutes of the game.
                              The main reason I don't attempt Fri games. I would always be late. I will not be late to a game. EVER.

Comment

Hahahaha. That’s a pretty good one.

Best seats in the house are upper level, first row.

But I love my seats on the goal line front row.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X