Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    But I agree on Thursday. Now that Color Rush is no longer a thing, there really is no point to Thursday Night Football. ****, I loved Color Rush.
    I did too.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      You're a monster.
      He's Jimmy Carter?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Tom Brady turned down a $1 million fine instead of a four-game suspension if he publicly implicated former Patriots equipment staffers John Jastremski and Jim McNally in the Deflategate scandal, according to a new book called “12: The Inside Story of Tom Brady’s Fight For Redemption’’ by Casey Sherman and Dave Wedge.

The book states NFL commissioner Roger Goodell “demanded that Brady state publicly that former Patriots equipment guys [John] Jastremski and [Jim] McNally had purposely tampered with footballs, even without his knowledge. Tom said no.

“There’s no way I’m gonna ruin these guys for something I believe they didn’t do,’’ Brady told NFL Players Association head DeMaurice Smith, according to the book.
        Cause they had his knowledge.... he told them to!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Cause they had his knowledge.... he told them to!!
          http://www.science.uwaterloo.ca/~cch.../idealgas.html
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            These kinds of penalties will take some star players off the field if even for just a portion of one and no Packers fan stopped going to their remaining games after Erin got injured.
            Attendance actually did go down. And those stars don't have as much impact as the QB generally speaking.

Comment

I'd be fine with Sunday and Monday, and due to holidays, the occasional Sat. T-Day is a must, and exception to the rule.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's worse with college games. Pac-12 has decided it needs Thursday and Friday night games every ****ing week because, hey, no one on the east coast is showing games at 10pm EST. That's because, hey, no one is watching a random game at 10pm EST!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Yeah college is out of control.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...kings-practice

I like his attitude. Let's be frank: a 250 lb man is trying to tackle another 250 lb man that doesn't want to be tackled. Things are gonna happen.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Yeah college is out of control.
                      The money is out of control. When you take the cash, you are beholden to the cash provider's demands.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...kings-practice

I like his attitude. Let's be frank: a 250 lb man is trying to tackle another 250 lb man that doesn't want to be tackled. Things are gonna happen.
                        That hat, or at least the photo of it, will be Exhibit A for the defense in his CTE lawsuit 25 years from now.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yeah, he’s a moron.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A LOT of teams don't like the new helmet rule, since it's so open to personal discretion, and the many variables that happen during a play. There could be ZERO intent, and some last-second development will cause a penalty.

IMO, the NFL needs to stop sitting on the fence. Most concussions don't happen from a hit to the head. It's the jarring of the body overall that shakes the brain (see: hockey). So, either go full bore and basically make it touch football, or just let them play (minus obvious helmet to helmet/targeting stuff, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              With how many times Rodgers has managed to scramble or spin and pitch the thing off for a first down against the Vikings, I don't blame Barr for not taking any chances.
                              I’m a Packers fan, and don’t believe the hit was dirty. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it’s just like finishing your check I. Hockey. It’s not meant to be egregious, it’s meant to send a message 55 is Gina be in your backfield all day, next time you roll out, I’m coming.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                It was still the marquee game until the switch to ESPN. Then they decided to move the game of the week to Sunday night.

I don't understand the Thursday game, but apparently it's working because Fox was willing to jump over the other networks for it.
                                More football during the week is awesome to me.

I love having games on Thursday-Monday from the NCAA and NFL schedules. Football season is fantastic and to see as many games as possible in the few months it’s here is something I’ll never complain about.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X