NFL 2018.1 The off season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

These kinds of penalties will take some star players off the field if even for just a portion of one and no Packers fan stopped going to their remaining games after Erin got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I’d dump everything but Sunday games, double or triple the byes, and cut the games by four.
      **** that. We need more football!!!! Lets just start replacing players body parts with robot parts, preemptively, so they can't get injured, but can also hit harder.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        **** that. We need more football!!!! Lets just start replacing players body parts with robot parts, preemptively, so they can't get injured, but can also hit harder.
        We already have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We definitely don't need Thursday. Monday I could take or leave. I've never understood the love of MNF.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

We already have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We definitely don't need Thursday. Monday I could take or leave. I've never understood the love of MNF.
          Go back to our parents' and grandparents' generations and it was often the marquee game of the week - the best matchup of the week. The problem now is that the NFL wants other teams featured, so you get the occasional Browns v. Jets scheduled, and other games where a blowout can be expected because one team is good while the other is the Bengals. Add to that, teams are less predictable than they were in decades past, due to parity or whatever, but games that were expected to be good when scheduled turn into complete duds.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Go back to our parents' and grandparents' generations and it was often the marquee game of the week - the best matchup of the week. The problem now is that the NFL wants other teams featured, so you get the occasional Browns v. Jets scheduled, and other games where a blowout can be expected because one team is good while the other is the Bengals. Add to that, teams are less predictable than they were in decades past, due to parity or whatever, but games that were expected to be good when scheduled turn into complete duds.
            NFL mandates that each team needs to appear at least once in prime time

BTW, last night's CFL game on ESPN2 was one for the ages.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wednesday football is the future.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

But I agree on Thursday. Now that Color Rush is no longer a thing, there really is no point to Thursday Night Football. ****, I loved Color Rush.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It was still the marquee game until the switch to ESPN. Then they decided to move the game of the week to Sunday night.

I don't understand the Thursday game, but apparently it's working because Fox was willing to jump over the other networks for it.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Yup, so I'd dump it completely. It's a stupid relic of the past that lost its purpose.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      ****, I loved Color Rush.
                      You're a monster.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        NFL mandates that each team needs to appear at least once in prime time

BTW, last night's CFL game on ESPN2 was one for the ages.
                        Johnny Clipboard starting for Hamilton is on tonight.
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Johnny Clipboard starting for Hamilton is on tonight.
                          Montreal. He got traded.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Montreal. He got traded.
                            I always get those 2 mixed up.

Comment

Tom Brady turned down a $1 million fine instead of a four-game suspension if he publicly implicated former Patriots equipment staffers John Jastremski and Jim McNally in the Deflategate scandal, according to a new book called “12: The Inside Story of Tom Brady’s Fight For Redemption’’ by Casey Sherman and Dave Wedge.

The book states NFL commissioner Roger Goodell “demanded that Brady state publicly that former Patriots equipment guys [John] Jastremski and [Jim] McNally had purposely tampered with footballs, even without his knowledge. Tom said no.

“There’s no way I’m gonna ruin these guys for something I believe they didn’t do,’’ Brady told NFL Players Association head DeMaurice Smith, according to the book.

Comment

You're a monster.
                                Love you too

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X