Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Re: NFL 2018.1 The off season

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    But I agree on Thursday. Now that Color Rush is no longer a thing, there really is no point to Thursday Night Football. ****, I loved Color Rush.
    I did too.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    You're a monster.
    He's Jimmy Carter?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Tom Brady turned down a $1 million fine instead of a four-game suspension if he publicly implicated former Patriots equipment staffers John Jastremski and Jim McNally in the Deflategate scandal, according to a new book called ď12: The Inside Story of Tom Bradyís Fight For Redemptioníí by Casey Sherman and Dave Wedge.

The book states NFL commissioner Roger Goodell ďdemanded that Brady state publicly that former Patriots equipment guys [John] Jastremski and [Jim] McNally had purposely tampered with footballs, even without his knowledge. Tom said no.

ďThereís no way Iím gonna ruin these guys for something I believe they didnít do,íí Brady told NFL Players Association head DeMaurice Smith, according to the book.
    Cause they had his knowledge.... he told them to!!

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Cause they had his knowledge.... he told them to!!
    http://www.science.uwaterloo.ca/~cch.../idealgas.html
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    These kinds of penalties will take some star players off the field if even for just a portion of one and no Packers fan stopped going to their remaining games after Erin got injured.
    Attendance actually did go down. And those stars don't have as much impact as the QB generally speaking.

I'd be fine with Sunday and Monday, and due to holidays, the occasional Sat. T-Day is a must, and exception to the rule.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

It's worse with college games. Pac-12 has decided it needs Thursday and Friday night games every ****ing week because, hey, no one on the east coast is showing games at 10pm EST. That's because, hey, no one is watching a random game at 10pm EST!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Lucia Apologist

Yeah college is out of control.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...kings-practice

I like his attitude. Let's be frank: a 250 lb man is trying to tackle another 250 lb man that doesn't want to be tackled. Things are gonna happen.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah college is out of control.
    The money is out of control. When you take the cash, you are beholden to the cash provider's demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...kings-practice

I like his attitude. Let's be frank: a 250 lb man is trying to tackle another 250 lb man that doesn't want to be tackled. Things are gonna happen.
    That hat, or at least the photo of it, will be Exhibit A for the defense in his CTE lawsuit 25 years from now.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Lucia Apologist

Yeah, heís a moron.

A LOT of teams don't like the new helmet rule, since it's so open to personal discretion, and the many variables that happen during a play. There could be ZERO intent, and some last-second development will cause a penalty.

IMO, the NFL needs to stop sitting on the fence. Most concussions don't happen from a hit to the head. It's the jarring of the body overall that shakes the brain (see: hockey). So, either go full bore and basically make it touch football, or just let them play (minus obvious helmet to helmet/targeting stuff, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    With how many times Rodgers has managed to scramble or spin and pitch the thing off for a first down against the Vikings, I don't blame Barr for not taking any chances.
    Iím a Packers fan, and donít believe the hit was dirty. As mentioned earlier in the thread, itís just like finishing your check I. Hockey. Itís not meant to be egregious, itís meant to send a message 55 is Gina be in your backfield all day, next time you roll out, Iím coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    It was still the marquee game until the switch to ESPN. Then they decided to move the game of the week to Sunday night.

I don't understand the Thursday game, but apparently it's working because Fox was willing to jump over the other networks for it.
    More football during the week is awesome to me.

I love having games on Thursday-Monday from the NCAA and NFL schedules. Football season is fantastic and to see as many games as possible in the few months itís here is something Iíll never complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    A LOT of teams don't like the new helmet rule, since it's so open to personal discretion, and the many variables that happen during a play. There could be ZERO intent, and some last-second development will cause a penalty.

IMO, the NFL needs to stop sitting on the fence. Most concussions don't happen from a hit to the head. It's the jarring of the body overall that shakes the brain (see: hockey). So, either go full bore and basically make it touch football, or just let them play (minus obvious helmet to helmet/targeting stuff, of course).
    End the flying body missile hits and say the only way to tackle a player in midfield is via wrapping him up and bringing him to the ground. Other means of ending a play would be out of bounds, forward progress being stopped, and an offensive player giving himself up.

Oh - and get rid of down by contact. This is tackle football. Tackle him, for Pete's sake! A touch is not a tackle.

I believe that will lessen the force of impact and save careers.

I have no idea about interior line play.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    End the flying body missile hits and say the only way to tackle a player in midfield is via wrapping him up and bringing him to the ground. Other means of ending a play would be out of bounds, forward progress being stopped, and an offensive player giving himself up.

Oh - and get rid of down by contact. This is tackle football. Tackle him, for Pete's sake! A touch is not a tackle.

I believe that will lessen the force of impact and save careers.

I have no idea about interior line play.
    Get rid of the 3 point stance, make everyone start with only their feet on the ground except for the center.

And down by contact prevents injuries. No way they go back to pre-Teddy Roosevelt rules.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Get rid of the 3 point stance, make everyone start with only their feet on the ground except for the center.

And down by contact prevents injuries. No way they go back to pre-Teddy Roosevelt rules.
    I didn't say that. Down by contact was not present until sometime around SuperBowl I. You had to be legally brought to the ground under the grasp and control of an opponent. DBC has led to the flying body missile hits as all you need your opponent's body touch the ground after being touched/hit/steamrolled.

Making grasp and control part of a legal tackle should lessen injuries. Piling on has always been a penalty.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I didn't say that. Down by contact was not present until sometime around SuperBowl I. You had to be legally brought to the ground under the grasp and control of an opponent. DBC has led to the flying body missile hits as all you need your opponent's body touch the ground after being touched/hit/steamrolled.

Making grasp and control part of a legal tackle should lessen injuries. Piling on has always been a penalty.
    How do you protect a RB who, going to the line, gets tripped up, stumbles forward and then falls to the ground? He never gets "wrapped up". Just tripped. You're saying that shouldn't end the play?

That seems like an easy way to involve more contact, in both quantity and severity
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    How do you protect a RB who, going to the line, gets tripped up, stumbles forward and then falls to the ground? He never gets "wrapped up". Just tripped. You're saying that shouldn't end the play?

That seems like an easy way to involve more contact, in both quantity and severity
    Get up and run!!
    The D to secure the runner so he can't move. Piling on is still 15 yards.

Thread Information