Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congratulations to the 6x super bowl champions NE Patsies

Re: Congratulations to the 6x super bowl champions NE Patsies

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I'm thinking the Pats plan on signing him cheap, or letting him go, and I don't think they wanted to risk having him in a place to do more Super Bowl heroics and command top dollar.

I don't think he's as good as people make him out to be, and he surely didn't play well this season, but he had to have been better than what we saw on the field last night
    So they tanked the Super Bowl to save a few bucks???

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    @AsteadWesley: OMG someone overlayed that ridiculous Dodge/MLK ad with what King actually said about capitalism and car commercials https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/sta...484737/video/1
    This was perfect.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    So they tanked the Super Bowl to save a few bucks???
    Well, they weren't planning on tanking the game. C'mon, it's Brady/Belichek and the NE effin' Patriots.

Hey, they traded their QB of the future for what, a fourth rounder? It's not out of the normal operating style of the Krafts. Pay a few guys big money, and tightwad the rest of them. some start making too much, send them packing.

You know Amendola has taken a pay cut pretty much every year he's been here just to stay with this team? After his performance in the postseason this year, I think he deserves to see some love. Think he'll get it?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

there's a good buck in that racket.

After seeing butler get the shaft the days of guys taking hometown discounts are done

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I'm thinking the Pats plan on signing him cheap, or letting him go, and I don't think they wanted to risk having him in a place to do more Super Bowl heroics and command top dollar.

I don't think he's as good as people make him out to be, and he surely didn't play well this season, but he had to have been better than what we saw on the field last night
    Isnít it taken that most DBs are vulnerable when the Patriots donít have any pass rushers? For years they do not have that big stud or studs to put pressure on the opposing Quarterback🏈

If a QB has all day to throw then any secondary will break down. Itís not all on a DB.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    After seeing butler get the shaft the days of guys taking hometown discounts are done
    Think itís a bit more complicated than that, Mookie.

Iíd say its that if you take a hometown discount, be prepared for the Pats to think that you will take more of them in the future (e.g. Amendola) and if you wonít take a hometown discount, be prepared to be shipped out or cut unsentimentally (e.g. Leon Gray, Richard Seymour, Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel, Chandler Jones, apparently Malcolm Butler). I canít fault the Patriots for operating that way, but Belichick seems to have a way of making it more ugly than it needs to be.

The Butler thing baffles me. If he did something that justified being benched for the SB, why dress him? As other folks have said he couldnít have played worse than Rowe. If it was because he wanted to be paid and they were going to let him go anyway, playing him would have actually to the Pats advantage; either (a) heíd pay well and some other team would overpay him, hurting their cap or (b) heíd play poorly, justifying the Pats letting him go.

Hearing he got caught with pot. Then got uppity with the coaching staff when brought to task.

Of course who was it that was high and shirtless in the Foxboro police station..... and didnít miss a snap?

Mookie thinks bill was trying to stick it to butler cause he wanted paid. AND bill thought he would have no trouble taking down philly. By the end it was like a tired swimmer fighting the current and bill swallowed hard

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post

Of course who was it that was high and shirtless in the Foxboro police station..... and didnít miss a snap?
    Chandler Jones. But I think that was an off week.

Mookie thinks bill was trying to stick it to butler cause he wanted paid. AND bill thought he would have no trouble taking down philly. By the end it was like a tired swimmer fighting the current and bill swallowed hard
    Most likely explanation. And it almost worked. Unfortunately for Bill, he was playing against a manic-depressive QB who had a manic night, and against a coach with balls and brains who didn't wet his pants in a key situation (like Carroll and Quinn).

Still one guy didnít miss a play, and the other only got 1special teams snap.

Plus he embarrassed the crap out of butler.

Stuff like that is going to make players think twice.

Thread Information