X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45: 28 - Yo Memo So Stupid, Donald Renamed it "Eric"

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    No, the Steele dossier apparently went from completely made-up to minimally collaborated.
    Um. I think you mean corroborated. More specifically, uncorroborated.

Or as Mr. Comey called it "salacious and unverified".

All that said, what in that memo did Schiff have issue with?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

My bad. But uncorroborated would be uncorroborated; minimally corroborated still means corroborated.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/05/tru...x-and-friends/

He knows photography exists, right?
        This, and the House minority leader who calls Mr. Nunes "Dennis", are our finest. < sigh >
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

My bad. But uncorroborated would be uncorroborated; minimally corroborated still means corroborated.
          Yes, but how much of it? That's why I want to see Schiff's hard spots with it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Comey didn't call the entire dossier "salacious and unverified". He was referring to one part--the only part that "salacious", by definition, could refer to.

Here's some background from a well known liberal rag:
            https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2...er-unverified/

Comment

So Comey didn't "unverified" the whole document.

That doesn't change my desire to see Schiff's memo. I want to see how the hot dogs are made.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That doesn't change my desire to see Schiff's memo. I want to see how the hot dogs are made.
                Then you want to see the Steele Dossier itself.

The memos are just working papers between staffers. They don't mean anything, and often they are strategic notes about how to play the angles or for the dumber Members idiot hit pieces created to give the boss talking points, e.g. the Nunes memo.

The only stuff that is valuable to the 99.99999% of us in the gen pop would be the first pass analysis. The raw intel is meaningless without context and aggregation. Everything after the first pass analysis is politically-driven garbage (recall Cheney's cherry-picking to justify the Iraq smash and grab).

And you don't want to see the first pass analysis because the aggregation of sources and methods will compromise our intelligence.

So: you don't want to see anything. You want Congress to exercise robust oversight and you want John Q. Public to concentrate on sportsball and t-tty bars.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So Comey didn't "unverified" the whole document.

Agreed. It's kind of amusing, though, when you say you wish Trump would have released it. Did you think he would? Did you actually buy his "transparency" shtick?

Comment

I really wish Trump would've called for Schiff's memo also.
                    They can if they want to. Given the desperate attempts to cover up the Nunes memo, we pretty much already know what's going to be in the Schiff memo (i.e. more of the same we've been hearing in the news for the last 15 months), and just seems like a desperate distraction from the real problems of corruption.

BTW, Roger Stone is reporting that Mike Flynn's lawyers are setting motions to dismiss his case on the account of the Nunes memo.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Ehhh I'm not so sure this isn't the time to press. The memo has started to break up the GOP. Until the memo pretty much everyone was willing to at least remain silent and passively support Trump, but this was a step too far for some and now you are starting to see the cracks. Those who were willing to say nothing before aren't able to remain quiet and are calling the memo out for what it was. I say keep pushing on that, make them take a stand on one side or the other.
                      Every time something breaks that is awful someone says what you just said. There are no cracks...no division. Sure some are CYAing in case of catastrophe but they are still 100% behind Hair Fuhrer and they arent even really pretending otherwise.

Leave this alone...let them hang themselves. You dont need a killshot if they are jumping off the cliff already.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 02-05-2018, 12:58 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/05/tru...x-and-friends/

He knows photography exists, right?
                        Well even better than that...Nunes implies Schiff is the guy leaking stuff out of committee and right away Trump just happens to tweet about how Schiff is one of he biggest leakers in Washington. Someone should inform them if you dont want it to look like you are in cahoots you probably shouldnt say the same thing, randomly at the same time, about the guy who is going to take you down.

These guys think they are Meyer Lansky...in reality they are John Gotti. Well Teflon Don got away with it for a long time but sooner or later his Sammy "The Bull" will cut a deal and then end will be nigh.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Among Trump's 2,000 lies or misleading statements since 1/20/17: You take a look at the FBI a year ago, it was in virtual turmoil I know it. You know it. Everybody knows it." FBI Messages Show the Bureau's Real Reaction to Trump Firing James Comey

There is no lie Trump won't tell to advance his own personal interests. Including "America First." It's always "What's In It For Trump?"
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

NYT is asking the Justice Department to unseal the FISA application to settle all of this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/u...st-unseal.html

WASHINGTON — The New York Times notified the Justice Department on Monday that it is asking the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to unseal secret documents related to the wiretapping of Carter Page, the onetime Trump campaign adviser at the center of a disputed memo written by Republican staffers on the House Intelligence Committee.

The motion is unusual. No such wiretapping application materials apparently have become public since Congress first enacted the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in 1978. That law regulates electronic spying on domestic soil — the interception of phone calls and emails — undertaken in the name of monitoring suspected spies and terrorists, as opposed to wiretapping for investigating ordinary criminal suspects.

Normally, even the existence of such material is a closely guarded secret. While applications for criminal wiretaps often eventually become public, the government has refused to disclose the contents of applications for intelligence wiretaps — even to defendants who are later prosecuted on the basis of information derived from them.

But President Trump lowered the shield of secrecy surrounding such materials on Friday by declassifying the Republican memo about Mr. Page, after finding that the public interest in disclosing its contents outweighed any need to protect the information. Because Mr. Trump did so, the Times argues, there is no longer a justification “for the Page warrant orders and application materials to be withheld in their entirety,” and “disclosure would serve the public interest.”

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Now. Trump really needs to classify it into super secrecy. No Democratic Memo. No release of this information. Double Down, Trump. Double Down.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

NYT is asking the Justice Department to unseal the FISA application to settle all of this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/u...st-unseal.html
                                Good luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X