This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45: 28 - Yo Memo So Stupid, Donald Renamed it "Eric"

What are regular folks? Assuming people who want reasonable gun laws, women’s rights and such are left to you, but regular from my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I'm talking about career staffers -- the people who actually do things. The politicals are always just hood ornaments -- in the case of this administration's politicals, they are themselves the saboteurs.

This hit very close to home for me this week. Dr. Mrs. has been working her as-s off setting up an office associated with her DHS work with civil rights protections -- she had been assured she would run the office as she ought because she is the subject matter expert in a very narrow intersection of niches that characterize the office.

On Tuesday, the day they publicly announced the center, she was informed that the political running her office has decided to staff it with someone with absolutely no experience. However, since that person has no idea how to do the job she will be expected to continue doing all the work. She will simply not receive any credit and, of course, the administration does not support civil rights protections anyway so all the work will be pointless. When she pointed out that this was not in the spirit of the office mandate she was told she was reacting "emotionally" and she should be "more of a team player." To give you some idea, her political lead led a community outreach to Muslims a few weeks ago by opining that DHS needs to concentrate more on communicating how "real Americans" feel about Muslims, and not "elites."

It's f-ckwits all the way down and it's destroying American credibility in every aspect of our lives: environment, foreign policy, justice, economics, education, health. It truly is the March of the Morons. And now an extremely dedicated, hard-working, and brilliant person with years of expertise in public service is completely disillusioned and just wants to get the f-ck away from these sick, smug, cynical simians.

That's your revolution, right there. That's its practical consequences, and you and your fellow Republican voters are responsible for them. Quite frankly you can take all your concern and go f-ck yourself. You've hurt the country badly and you're just too stupid to ever understand it.
      I'm dealing with similar shiat at my state agency. 3 years from now cannot come fast enough (or with luck, 1 year from now if a D wins the governor's spot). And while I'd like to think I can outlast it because I like the work itself, I'm not sure I will make it that long.

We've had 31 out of approximately 55 people leave/retire/get forced out in the 2 years I've been here, which is an absurd turnover rate for a state agency. And I know of 3 more going this year and pretty much everyone else is at least looking to move on. This had long been an agency where people stay for 25+ year careers, now I'm 2nd senior most attorney after having been here all of 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        My family has been here for 397 years, why on earth would I want to burn the county down? I can’t speak for others but it certainly isn’t what I want. In fact it’s quite the opposite. I want to see our country be responsible and not continue to go into crazy amounts of debt.

I think the bigger problem is a lot of us are in no man’s land politically right now. If you have conservative beliefs what are you supposed to do? The Republican Party is a disaster but it’s not like we really buy in to what the left(and especially the far left) want to do. I’ll say it again, we need a new party who represents regular folks.
        And yet you support the GOP because GUNZ, and you also don't vote because reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          What are regular folks? Assuming people who want reasonable gun laws, women’s rights and such are left to you, but regular from my view.
          I meant more in economic terms. We shouldn't worry about those issues until our financial house is in order. At some point there has to be a day of reckoning as far as what people's fair share to pay is and what the government can reasonably afford to spend. Abortion, gun laws, etc aren't going to matter if the country is bankrupt. Foreign relations/security issues should be very high on our list as well.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I'm talking about career staffers -- the people who actually do things. The politicals are always just hood ornaments -- in the case of this administration's politicals, they are themselves the saboteurs.

This hit very close to home for me this week. Dr. Mrs. has been working her as-s off setting up an office associated with her DHS work with civil rights protections -- she had been assured she would run the office as she ought because she is the subject matter expert in a very narrow intersection of niches that characterize the office.

On Tuesday, the day they publicly announced the center, she was informed that the political running her office has decided to staff it with someone with absolutely no experience. However, since that person has no idea how to do the job she will be expected to continue doing all the work. She will simply not receive any credit and, of course, the administration does not support civil rights protections anyway so all the work will be pointless. When she pointed out that this was not in the spirit of the office mandate she was told she was reacting "emotionally" and she should be "more of a team player." To give you some idea, her political lead led a community outreach to Muslims a few weeks ago by opining that DHS needs to concentrate more on communicating how "real Americans" feel about Muslims, and not "elites."

It's f-ckwits all the way down and it's destroying American credibility in every aspect of our lives: environment, foreign policy, justice, economics, education, health. It truly is the March of the Morons. And now an extremely dedicated, hard-working, and brilliant person with years of expertise in public service is completely disillusioned and just wants to get the f-ck away from these sick, smug, cynical simians.

That's your revolution, right there. That's its practical consequences, and you and your fellow Republican voters are responsible for them. Quite frankly you can take all your concern and go f-ck yourself. You've hurt the country badly and you're just too stupid to ever understand it.
            She's resilient. She'll push through with her head down and wait this out, and do what she can in the meantime to sell a few cufflinks here and there. She's much more of a fighter than I am and she's right in the thick of it battling these Nazi scum. I am very, very proud of her.

But it's just so pathetic to hear our raft load of So Sincere Conservatives sit back and opine about their "deep concerns" and how "both sides are responsible" when no, no it's not that at all -- this is all the predictable outcome of one party becoming a terrorist organization. I don't think Drew or joe or our others are bad people, I think they are the Useful Idiots who have their buttons pushed so they become the enablers of this regression to fear and deep cynicism. In some ways they are being hurt just as badly since it's their souls, not ours. But they are interacting with this as just another TV show, just another form of entertainment. Meanwhile, real people are being hurt in real ways, and other real people are trying their best to fight the rot and being hamstrung by a cadre of brownshirts that thrives on the misery of others.

That's the rent in the social fabric: even people on the right with morals have descended to the level of trolls and delight in the damage. Out of spite, out of fear, out of whatever stupid anger they harbor for losing their privilege. And they will never comprehend their responsibility because they have a 24/7 lullaby of propaganda assuring them that they're the real victims here.
            Shouldn't have voted for Trump ya Bernie supporter! /rover

In all seriousness thanks for sharing that.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              And yet you support the GOP because GUNZ, and you also don't vote because reasons.
              You forgot the other two G's.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                My family has been here for 397 years, why on earth would I want to burn the county down? I can’t speak for others but it certainly isn’t what I want. In fact it’s quite the opposite. I want to see our country be responsible and not continue to go into crazy amounts of debt.

I think the bigger problem is a lot of us are in no man’s land politically right now. If you have conservative beliefs what are you supposed to do? The Republican Party is a disaster but it’s not like we really buy in to what the left(and especially the far left) want to do. I’ll say it again, we need a new party who represents regular folks.
                So you're a single (well guns too) issue voter who votes for the people who have given away our tax money to the rich for like 30 years, fund questionable wars, and have never shown any inclination of wanting to erase the deficit and in fact increase it every time they get into power for the sole purpose of demonizing social programs. And then do the BSABVR schtick when on this issue it's not even true. Bill Clinton had a lot of terrible policies but at the very least he balanced the budget in his last year or so. Obama had to get us out of the mess the two morons before him created by deregulating financial institutions and ensure that we didn't repeat the same mistakes of the great depression (and most of the bail out has been paid back). At the state level the republican states are far more dependent on federal aid. You literally care about one issue other than guns that are never going to get taken away and you can't even pick the right side and are voting against your best interests. I'm not gonna go out of my way to name call and be that liberal but I don't really blame them for being frustrated with you either.

As for the last part I agree, we need to fight for people who fight for a higher minimum wage, healthcare for all, making higher education affordable, etc. You know which party isn't for any of those things and wants to take them all away? Obviously the democratic party has been hijacked by corporate types but there are groups who are fighting to change that. You on the other hand just vote for the party who actively is trying to take all those things away.
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-09-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

It turns out it's all Hope Hicks' fault: https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/961995144340869120

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    I'm dealing with similar shiat at my state agency. 3 years from now cannot come fast enough (or with luck, 1 year from now if a D wins the governor's spot). And while I'd like to think I can outlast it because I like the work itself, I'm not sure I will make it that long.

We've had 31 out of approximately 55 people leave/retire/get forced out in the 2 years I've been here, which is an absurd turnover rate for a state agency. And I know of 3 more going this year and pretty much everyone else is at least looking to move on. This had long been an agency where people stay for 25+ year careers, now I'm 2nd senior most attorney after having been here all of 2 years.
                    It's true all over. The humans are buckling down and just trying to ride it out while the apes run wild. We've put what we can into safe places and we drag our feet every day so the lines to Auschwitz aren't built quickly. We throw grit in the gears when possible. It's not the Resistance, nobody's shooting at us. And Republicans are way, way stupider than Germans, so it is entirely possible to run two completely parallel sets of actions out of some shops -- one for the screws, one for reality.

It's like being held hostage by a violent criminal gang. You manipulate them and play them against each other to limit the damage and your risk, while you look for ways to help people escape. And you take notes for the future trials.

Because there will be a reckoning and these f-cks are going to pay.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by french rage View Post
                      it turns out it's all hope hicks' fault: https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/961995144340869120
                      ayfkm
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        It turns out it's all Hope Hicks' fault: https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/961995144340869120
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you..." -- JFK

"The only thing to fear is fear itself." -- FDR

"B-tch set me up." -- Dump
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Shouldn't have voted for Trump ya Bernie supporter! /rover

In all seriousness thanks for sharing that.
                          No need to cheap shot Kep when his family is going through a stressful time. Grow up.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

If the debt is your concern, the last 40 years show a very clear track record of how you should vote. You don't back up that claim with your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              No need to cheap shot Kep when his family is going through a stressful time. Grow up.
                              I took it as a joke, no worries. (A joke not actually directed at me. )
                              Cornell University

Comment

I took it as a joke, no worries. (A joke not actually directed at me. )
                                Hey I wouldn't even go there, and that's saying something but nice to know you still have your sense of humor.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X